What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW

Apey

Staff member
I was a bit surprised Yasmin got POTM. Then again I've only ever seen her have maybe one bad game.

NSW outside backs carved up QLD.

Funnily enough Upton was probably the worst of all our girls. Yasmin, Higgins and Johnston killed it.

Rod

Bench
Was impressed with the standard given we haven't had NRLW yet.

And refreshing that some of the annoying things about the men's game (lying down for penalties, constant complaining to the ref) haven't seeped in yet.

aqua_duck

Coach
Criminal that Jesse Southwell wasn’t picked for NSW.
Hilder would rather pick all her roosters mates than win an origin series and has a weird obsession with Rachael Pearson.
I mean games 1 last year she picks Southwell and Pearson in the halves, it just doesn’t work because they’re both out and out halfbacks, Pearson gets dropped and they win game 2, later on that year Southwell wins her second NRLW ppremiership whilst Pearson wins the wooden spoon and yet Hilder decides Pearson is the chosen one alongside Corban Baxter who hasn’t played in the halves in 4 years because we need to fit in as many roosters and ex roosters players as possible. Kylie Hilder deadset makes Freddy look like Jack Gibson

Haffa

Southwell’s energy would have provided something more than what Pearson offered up when they were attacking the line at 8-0.

aqua_duck

Coach
Southwell’s energy would have provided something more than what Pearson offered up when they were attacking the line at 8-0.
No just energy but physicality, Pearson is the NRLW version of Jack Cogger, weak defender, refuses to take on the line, just zero physicality where Southwell will tackle, take on the line and won’t back down.

aqua_duck

Coach
Dibb should have been the first half picked. Crazy she wasn't.
Funny thing was in 2022 she was picked and many people were questioning her selection as she had just won the wooden spoon with us, she has a big game, close to best on ground and we win the game, she then goes on to win a premiership later that year and then Hilder decides she doesn’t like winners and drops her for the 2023 series

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Watching the crazy little pop gun kicks Pearson puts in compared to Dibbs boot... ugh. She should be a lock for NSW until someone else comes along.

Yosh

Coach
There was a play when NSW hadn't scored yet and Pearson went into dummy half maybe 5m out from the line. She had a 3 on 1 overlap on the right, all she had to do was pick it up and go right then pass and we would have scored. But she just passed left where all their defense was.

Is this normal in the NRLW?? I don't watch much so not sure of the quality. Or did she screw up?

View attachment 90247

Considering the Roosters past and present ties, I can put $15k and $15k(and $15k) together and come up with a few theories about how some of NSW NRLW SoO team found themselves on the Rooster....I mean roster
I would not at all fall off my chair in shock.

How much do the guys get per SOO match? the girls appear to be getting a much larger % of revenue than their male counterparts.

aqua_duck

Coach
There was a play when NSW hadn't scored yet and Pearson went into dummy half maybe 5m out from the line. She had a 3 on 1 overlap on the right, all she had to do was pick it up and go right then pass and we would have scored. But she just passed left where all their defense was.

Is this normal in the NRLW?? I don't watch much so not sure of the quality. Or did she screw up?
Look the depth isn’t really as strong yet in NRLW so there are a fair few female versions of Jack Cogger running around who in their defence most likely haven’t played a lot of 13 a side rugby league but that’s like bottom end of the equilibrium but for state of origin level it’s really poor, if you watch the under 19s game the halfback for NSW Kasey Reh had the poise and decision making of a first grade halfback, there’s a reason why Pearson over the last 2 seasons has lost twice as many games as she’s won.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Look the depth isn’t really as strong yet in NRLW so there are a fair few female versions of Jack Cogger running around who in their defence most likely haven’t played a lot of 13 a side rugby league but that’s like bottom end of the equilibrium but for state of origin level it’s really poor, if you watch the under 19s game the halfback for NSW Kasey Reh had the poise and decision making of a first grade halfback, there’s a reason why Pearson over the last 2 seasons has lost twice as many games as she’s won.
I think Jesse Southwell (the incumbent NSW and 2 time premiership winning half back) had a fair claim on being well ahead of Pearson as the Blues half for this series and she is both ahead of Pearson in quality now and has a significantly higher ceiling that Pearson, even in her prime.

I think the truth is, Hilder picked the side and set the game plan and has to wear ALL the responsibility for the series loss - whilst the NRLW is limited in its current development in the coaching ranks with clear affiliations to existing clubs going to occur so there NEEDS TO BE a clear separation of team selections by a committee to ensure that the team selected is not coloured by bias or previous affiliations at the representative level and it clearly didn't happen in this series

Latest posts