What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Blues 2024

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
WESTPAC NSW BLUES SQUAD
Ampol State of Origin, Game Three
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Wednesday 17 July
1. Dylan Edwards (Penrith Panthers)
2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
3. Bradman Best (Newcastle Knights)
4. Stephen Crichton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
5. Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)
6. Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
7. Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels)
8. Jake Trbojevic (c) (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
9. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys)
10. Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
12. Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters)
13. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
14. Connor Watson (Sydney Roosters)
15. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)
16. Mitchell Barnett (Warriors)
17. Spencer Leniu (Sydney Roosters)
Coach: Michael Maguire

MKCS

Juniors
I still think the Blues will win but Bradman Best looked pretty average for the Knights yesterday in a team that is running 9th whilst Burton has been the best or second best player for the team running 5th. Not to mention Burton won a comp at centre...

Woody90

Juniors
I still think the Blues will win but Bradman Best looked pretty average for the Knights yesterday in a team that is running 9th whilst Burton has been the best or second best player for the team running 5th. Not to mention Burton won a comp at centre...

I hate players from my club being picked in SOO but Best was the right call. One poor club game (where Ponga was the worst on field not him) or club position means nothing. Moses was best on field in game 2 and his side is coming last.

I like Burton and his kicking game a lot but Best is a better centre and NSW have proven this year that they do a lot better when they pick blokes regularly playing in their positions at club land. For all the media speculation about who to replace Latrell it would have been a very easy decision for Madge.

ALX25

Bench
NSW centre Bradman Best has been sent for precautionary hamstring scans after pulling up sore from Newcastle's win over Canberra on Sunday afternoon.

The scans come just hours after the 22-year-old was selected for his second Origin clash, having missed the series opener with a hamstring injury.

The Blues are confident the scans are precautionary and expect him to be fit to play in next Wednesday's decider. Matt Burton has been called into camp as 18th man.

UPDATED
Meanwhile NSW centre Bradman Best has declared he is fit to play in the Origin decider after being sent for precautionary scans on Monday morning.

See: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/01/nrl-casualty-ward-latest-injury-news-return-dates-and-details/

Last edited:

Woody90

Juniors
going to miss grubtrell tbh, this side is great, but I think we will struggle in game 3. Refball for home crowd, too.

If our forwards play to their best of their ability we’ll be ok imo. I know QLD grow at Suncorp but we completely dominated in the forwards and QLD haven’t made any changes in the forwards to make me think they’ll improve massively.