What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

2 True Blues

Coach
dogs lost to the first win of the season cobra's last week right ?? they have nothing apparently, though manly are strong and probably should have beaten the jets last weekend, though were a Heath and a Hally short of that.

keep em comin mate. less than half an hr till jets versus the top placed bears. Huge mate.

Ill take the win - not convincing but two points are two points - we should beat Cronulla and Windsor in the next two weeks, then we play the Volcans at Brookie in Round 9.

Cant wait to see them play next week!

2 True Blues

Coach
North Sydney have beaten Newtown 22-12 today at North Sydney Oval.

Bears go on to be remain undefeated. ;-) Well done. We will meet again at henson next time guys. I think by memory the jets have only ever won the " one ' solidary game against the Bears at Nth Sydney oval since the year 2000.

It is still a Bear fortress again this season against the jets.

Ten point head start in the Frank Hyde Cup shield will have to be made up next time we play though,;-):lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
If Parra/Wenty win which they usually do, jets may drop to 4th spot straight away.

Heard wests were leading balmain as well. What was the final score. Did the maggies get up ??

yappy

Bench
Magpies 36 - Tigers 24 in a great great day. Top crowd (I reckon the 3000 that came to the original 1908 game was at least matched), great atmosphere, good hard footy in slippery conditions, and the right result.

girvie

Staff member
I had a great weekend of footy at the Norths vs Newtown match and then the Balmain vs Western Suburbs match.

It was good to see some good crowds at both matches.

2 True Blues

Coach
Magpies 36 - Tigers 24 in a great great day. Top crowd (I reckon the 3000 that came to the original 1908 game was at least matched), great atmosphere, good hard footy in slippery conditions, and the right result.

Saw it in the back ground on the sunday world of sports show mate. They interviewed back door benny and dawn fraser on the side lines. They did not give a score first time up but went back to it later in the show and just said wests were up so far. No score.

Was curious.

Well done Wests !!! ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
I just checked the NSWRL website and got the results , it's a much better effort andset up from them this season I reckon.

Why can't they get Norths to the top of the table though rather than at the bottom, this kinda annoys me. what's doin there ?? Theyv'e got manly as leadin the comp on 9 points. ??

Was just checking out the who is playin who , for next week. Not many easy games in the comp, thats for sure !! .

A few teams on the same comp points playin each other, so it should spread a little more after this week.

The NSWRL site is being run a lot better this year... though Norths at the bottom of the ladder - despite being undefeated - is a glaring error... I almost expected to see an asterisk next to their name saying "12 points deducted for breaching Salary Cap restrictions"... :lol:

Anyway, kudos to the NSWRL for otherwise getting their act together with the site - last year, without this forum, it was pretty difficult to get the scores / standings every week.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah, it is a much better site this year, but if i was a Bears fan I would be peed mate.

It's not often the Bears have been leading the comp right ??? They atleast should print it that way with them up there hey ?? LOL.........

A quick glance from someone that was not following the comp and you would deadset think manly was leading.

2 True Blues

Coach
Check out Rd 7 coming up :

Wenty now have the highest attack in the comp ( Re 4 and against ), and play the Storm next weekend. Should be a good game. Both teams going well and not much seperating em. Storm coming off a 42/14 win and wenty coming off a 38/16 win.

Central Newcastle would have to be favourites against wests however wests are coming off a 12 point win against Tigs, so will be pumped.

Manly you would think should improve their for and against ( and leading chances against the cobra's who have shown nothing, )( and now even lost Thompson thru retirement etc ). For for Jets sake I hope they lose.

Undefeated Bears versus the Tigs ( who r coming off a loss to wests which always hurts them, and loss and at a turning point must win game. ) should be an interesting game this one.

In form Vulcans against a not so inform Windsor wolves ?? Could go either way.

And a Jets team that has not won a game for 3 consecative weeks, yet still retains the best defence in the comp thus far, ( only just ) and one of the best attacks. Against The dogs who are just holding onto 8th but are coming off a win. With both clubs with a lot to lose in this game re-position on ladder etc.

No easy games is there ???

2 True Blues

Coach
Parra/Wenty are creeping up big time into the equation. Look at their recent for and against.

Can Wests win again next week mate against Newcastle ?? They have been goin pretty good too.

Spike

First Grade
Newcastle's form has been erratic. We got a major touch up on the weekend from the Storm, however with the first grade side having a bye this weekend, Smith may want to drop a few players back. Also having Smith name a 7 man bench for first grade and dropping three back to the NSW Cup at the last moment hasn't helped with the NSW Cup's game preparation. I'm in no way confident that the Knights will beat the Magpies this weekend.