What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

2 True Blues

Coach
That would honestly sound more like it to me mate. Why take a filed goal when you are leading 46 / 20 lol....??? I cant really see that scoreline on current forms, but it is poss. !!

2 True Blues

Coach
Ta mate. Reckoning on a close one. Whats the manly lineup ??. Is Hally or Le Strange playin ??

PS... Or did i ask too late , you'd be at the NRL now right.?? lol ... Hope the day is good for ya mate.

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
Central Newcastle 52 d Auckland 4
Knights dropped in Sau, Dureau and Ciraldo to the named side - giving them a total of 10 young guys with firstgrade experience.
A couple of bits of Dureau magic and the Knights were up 10 nil after two sets - and the trekkies ran up the white flag.
All the reserves got plenty of time in the second half, which is why we only scored 4 tries after halftime.

2 True Blues

Coach
Knights should be jumping ahead in the 8 now Roopy. Good result for them.

What happened to manly though Scuba ?? Jets should move to third now !

*** Just checked out www.nswrl.com.au ****

Cant believe that 5th to 8th are in the minus's ??? Glutten of points for the top 4 sides in this comp.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ladder after Round 12*:

NORTH SYDNEY BEARS 23
WENTWORTHVILLE 18
NEWTOWN JETS 17
MANLY SEA EAGLES 17
WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES 12
WINDSOR WOLVES 12
CENTRAL NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 10
CENTRAL COAST STORM 10
BULLDOGS 08
AUCKLAND VULCANS 08
BALMAIN RYDE TIGERS 07
CRONULLA COBRAS 04

*Note: BRE Tigers & Wests Magpies have played one extra game in advance.

Next 2 weeks Round 13 Split Round:
Sun 8 Jun 3.00pm - Wests Magpies 12 Balmain-Ryde Tigers 30 @ Pratten Park
Sat 28 Jun 1.30pm - Central Coast Storm v Auckland Vulcans @ Morrie Breen Oval
Sat 28 Jun 2.00pm - Bulldogs v Newtown Jets @ The Crest Stadium
Sun 29 Jun 9:45am - Balmain-Ryde Tigers v Cronulla Cobras @ Leichhardt Oval (Round 18)
then...
Sat 5 Jul 3.00pm - Cronulla Cobras v North Sydney Bears @ Toyota Park
Sat 5 Jul 3.00pm - Manly Sea Eagles v Windsor Wolves @ Brookvale Oval
Sat 5 Jul 3.25pm - Central Newcastle v Wentworthville @ EnergyAustralia Stadium

Last edited:

girvie

Staff member
Just got back from Ringrose - Wenty got up 30-8. We had no halves, Robson is the worst player in the comp :lol:
Funnily enough i've heard that Robson has been one of Manly's best all year.

Timmah i'm pretty sure the Cronulla vs Norths game is on the 5th of July. (Otherwise Cronulla would have 2 games in 2 days).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I thought so too, NSWRL changed it for some reason :?

roopy

Referee
Knights should be jumping ahead in the 8 now Roopy. Good result for them.
They are just in the 8 - which is a miracle, because i've seen a few games from them this season which were possibly the worst performances i've ever seen considering the quality of the players. Their loss to the Storm in Wyong was embaressing and i'm glad i was the only knights fan there to see it.
The whole having the knights contracted players training separate, and the NYC players training separate, and throwing the three groups together on game day just doesn't work.
It would also help if the team had a coach and not just the firstgrade defensive coach looking after them if he isn't busy with firstgrade.

Funnily enough i've heard that Robson has been one of Manly's best all year.

Timmah i'm pretty sure the Cronulla vs Norths game is on the 5th of July. (Otherwise Cronulla would have 2 games in 2 days).

:lol:

Based on yesterday's performance, I wouldn't have been able to tell. We were just abysmal, had very little flair in attack, and even less bite in defence. Cuthbo and his offloads set up both our tries - he didn't play and we get done by 40.

2 True Blues

Coach
So all in all did parra play well ??

Or was it more IYO that Manly had a shocker ??

You guys are pretty even with us on the ladder Scuba ?? Think I can understand how you feel . As "The Bags" have had great games then the odd shocker as well mate.

You guys will be a powerhouse come semi time though IMO this season.

So all in all did parra play well ??

Or was it more IYO that Manly had a shocker ??

You guys are pretty even with us on the ladder Scuba ?? Think I can understand how you feel . As "The Bags" have had great games then the odd shocker as well mate.

You guys will be a powerhouse come semi time though IMO this season.

Haha, I think it was a bit of both. Wenty were definitely the better team on the day and deserved the convincing win, but with that being said, Manly still made far too many fundamental errors and gave away so many stupid penalties - from ill-discipline more then anything else. I'm not too fussed about it, just annoys me because Manly has so much deadwood in the team. Players like Robson, Morwood, Meaney etc. I have more chance of playing first grade then these guys :lol:.

NBQ didn't play, Mauro didn't play, Afamasaga was watching next to me, and with Michael Bani still to come back to FG (I think it's this week), I'd say David Williams will drop back to PL. Also, I think Clint Halden still has to come back from injury as well. So just there alone, a fair bit of cattle still to come back.

This week against Windsor should be interesting.

2 True Blues

Coach
Windsor are hot and cold mate. I thought they would have lost last week with all the NRL injuries lately, but it is such a large area, who knows if it is a curse or not for them.

Just gives a chance for some one else to show their stuff .

yappy

Bench
Haha, I think it was a bit of both. Wenty were definitely the better team on the day and deserved the convincing win, but with that being said, Manly still made far too many fundamental errors and gave away so many stupid penalties - from ill-discipline more then anything else. I'm not too fussed about it, just annoys me because Manly has so much deadwood in the team. Players like Robson, Morwood, Meaney etc. I have more chance of playing first grade then these guys :lol:.

NBQ didn't play, Mauro didn't play, Afamasaga was watching next to me, and with Michael Bani still to come back to FG (I think it's this week), I'd say David Williams will drop back to PL. Also, I think Clint Halden still has to come back from injury as well. So just there alone, a fair bit of cattle still to come back.

This week against Windsor should be interesting.

Ha, welcome to NSW Cup. How's Haldo going? I had a huge wrap on him as a young'un when he was at Wests.

Ha, welcome to NSW Cup. How's Haldo going? I had a huge wrap on him as a young'un when he was at Wests.

He's been playing quite well this season from what I've heard. To be honest though, I haven't seen as many NSW Cup games live as I would've liked, so I'm probably not the best person to make a judgement.

2 True Blues

Coach
Parra /wenty versus Manly starting on FOX sports 2 any minute guys and gals.

PS.. Has anyone else noticed the interest this site has received lately in "increased" views ( but not an increase in posts etc etc as usual )or is it just me ?? ( mid season sales in mind ) !!! lot of window shopping apparently going on. But not much mid season movement as yet !!!!

Any mid season changes that you aware of Girv's ??

Last edited:

Latest posts