What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For reference this weeks games:

Saturday
Auckland 40 Bulldogs 26 @ MSS #2, 12:45pm
North Sydney v Central Newc @ NSO, 2:30pm
Newtown v Cronulla Cobras @ Henson, 3pm
Wests v Central Coast @ Campbelltown, 3pm
Balmain R/E v Manly @ Leichhardt, 5pm

Sunday
Wentworthville v Windsor @ Ringrose, 3pm

2 True Blues

Coach
Jets won 42 to 20. Let a late soft try in though.

SO beat Cobra's 30/10 first round, and by 22 points this game.

girvie

Staff member
North Sydney actually play the Knights on Sunday at 1.30pm at North Sydney Oval.

2 True Blues

Coach
Manly and Parra-Wenty results is what I am waiting on too. ( Obviously being a jets fan ). lol......and the table how it is currently mate.

Jets play Manly next weekend, and I have noticed that Wenty-Parra/Manly /Norths also come up against each other in the next few weeks etc etc.

Jets have got their North Sydney games out of the way ( wipes brow lol ) and only have to play Manly and Parra-wenty once more this season. Having drawn 10 all with manly first game, and beating parra-wenty first game. Not a bad run home all in all with faces coming back soon hopefully, so the team will be stronger than todays winning team.

Last edited:

yappy

Bench
Magpies 38 - Storm 30

Not really that close, but we know how to keep teams in with a sniff.

2 True Blues

Coach
25:00
Newtown 10 Cronulla Cobras 4

26:00
Central Coast 12 Wests Magpies 4

So the Maggies came back strongly mate. Good stuff.

Cant remember a season since Jets rtn to this comp is year 2000, that Norths , Maggies and the Bags have all been solidly in the top eight. Centenary year ghosts are working their wonders hey !?? Great stuff yappy !!! ;-):cool:

yappy

Bench
Apparently Balmain got lapped - 30-12 or something.

We're certainly a much improved side on the last few years, but we need to step it up a level to prove we're not just making up the numbers. We're 0-4 against the top four sides and 7-3 against the rest. We have Wenty, Manly and Norths over the next three weeks so we really must start finding a way to win against these sides or we'll slip right back into the chasing pack. We did enough to have the game pretty well in control after coming back from 12-0 down early, but the top four sides would have got the dough on today's performance.

yappy

Bench
today's game means the Maggies are first to 450 points for this season \\\\:D/

it also means we've racked up 454 points against :crazy:](*,):fist::cry:

If you love seeing great tries and don't care which side is scoring them get to a Western Suburbs game.

The boys have proven they can keep it tight, but we need to do it every week.

2 True Blues

Coach
Lol.... yeah I noticed that for and against mate on the www.nswrl.com.au website/ladder.

The fload gates are going both ways though hey. lol....

Makes it tough to predict how they will go IMO. hot and cold mate.

Great to see another win to Wests and jets though IMO. Aint it great mate.!!

Who do you guys play next week ??

2 True Blues

Coach
Apparently Balmain got lapped - 30-12 or something.

I thought balmain were playing manly today mate !?

So Manly won !? sh*t their for and against is close to ours going into next weekend clash. And we always lose at brookie as well. Not good.

girvie

Staff member
Cheers Girvie. Do you blokes have a good side for the game ??

Whats the line-up mate ??
Yeah the Bears will have a strong side. Not exactly sure how they will line-up, but we will have a lot of experiance with Widders, Smith, Greenfield, the Lowe's, Paulson, Gordon and Ndaira.

2 True Blues

Coach
Good side mate when half those blokes are in it.

Very exciting centenary year this one mate for us old supporters.

Post the results and team list if ya can when available etc mate. Am interested. Ta.

PS.... And although it's getting harder for a change to say, ( when Jets are behind ya's on the ladder still, lol ) Go Those Mighty Bears. lol....It will be interesting how they respond to last weeks game IMO.

Did most of those players listed above play last week against the Cobra's mate ?

2 True Blues

Coach
Great to see another win to Wests and jets though IMO. Aint it great mate.!!

Who do you guys play next week ??
Yappy.

I just checked that myself. Wests versus Wenty-Parra next weekend. And then Wenty-Parra play Norths the next weekend therafter.

If you blokes can beat Wenty-Parra for me, I'll invest in a Wests jersey mate. ;-):lol::cool:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They're just Wenty ffs... Wenty-Parra sounds wanky :lol: ;-)

girvie

Staff member
Bears won today. 42-18 over the Knights.
Norths tryscorers - Wara, Paulson, Verlinden, Grant, Gordon, Corrigan, Smith.

A few injuries for the Knights including Luke Walsh.

I heard that Wentworthville beat Windsor.

Latest posts