What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

2 True Blues

Coach
These next two weeks in the nswrl, should actually start to show a few gaps btw the sides perhaps, ( on the ladder ). Some big games coming up involving the top 8 against each other.

www.nswrl.com.au

2 True Blues

Coach
And the score line 2nd to 5th accordingly I suppose. Though Windsor are looking strong recently. Plenty of NRL experience in that side as well.

Jets have to play em after/if they get past Manly ( tomorrow 3.30pm at Brookie ).

sh*t time for a game if crowd was wanted by the NSWRL IMO. Though Jets usally go bad a Brookie when we have played in front of their NRL crowd ( in past years ) so maybe the lack of crowd support firing Manly home ( like usual ) shall assist the Bags tomorrow arvo.

( crosses fingers ). Gonna be a good close of footy though either way.

Jets have a chance to put 3 comp points btw 3rd and 4th place. Manly (who R 1 point currently behind Jets ) have a chance to sweep third place from under us. 10 all draw the last time these 2 sides came up against one another this season. And a field goal each in that scoreline on the bell to each side.

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
Yappy.

I just checked that myself. Wests versus Wenty-Parra next weekend. And then Wenty-Parra play Norths the next weekend therafter.

If you blokes can beat Wenty-Parra for me, I'll invest in a Wests jersey mate. ;-):lol::cool:

Yappy:

And that deal still stands mate. You blokes win this one, and I'll wear a wests jersey to my next jets game mate. ;-):lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
Cracker game coming up. Anyone got a manly lineup for this one.

Scuba !??

Draggin this one over the page guys. Hearing some late mail that Shakleton is back ( Roosters signing ) this weekend for the jets. First game all of this season after a long injury absence. Slot him in no prob's . ;-)

yappy

Bench
Yappy:

And that deal still stands mate. You blokes win this one, and I'll wear a wests jersey to my next jets game mate.

You can start thinking if you want the Black

2008_magpies_black_jersey.jpg

or the White

2008_magpies_white_jersey.jpg

or the Stripe

g.jpg

Or you could get all three - bargain at $110 a pop.

You'll also need a cap

2008_magpies_cap.jpg

and socks, polo, beanie, hoodie, bottle of port, tie etc etc.

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Wests_Magpies_Forum/index.php?showtopic=803

2 True Blues

Coach
NSW Cup result
MANLY 38
Newtown 14

Yep. Another cricket score dished out to the Bags by a Manly side at Brookie Oval. We just cant seem to win at Brookie or North Sydney Oval. No matter who is in the team from years to years.
Becmong quite a bad omen when I see that we are playing at Brookie now.They have been doing this too us for several seasons there now.

Big game to lose as well. Back to 4th place. :?;-)

It was only 16/14 at half time. Manly had all possession in the second half though. We were lucky to hold them to 38. They completed 95 percent of their sets to our less than 50 percent, and we hardly had the ball in their half. Shocker.

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach

54 to 16. What happened in the second half. 40 something unanswered points to the Bears.

With Wenty drawing and Jets losing, Manly prospects have got better. Though the Bears are almost impossible to catch if they keep winning games like that.

Windsor and Maggies are truly in the top four hunt now as well.

Things are warming up come business end of season. www.nswrl.com.au

PS... The TOP placed 6 sides all play against each other this upcoming weekend. BIG weekend of NSWRL footy coming up.

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
Norths versus Wenty/Parra.( 1st vs 2nd ).
Jets versus Windsor (4th vs 5th).
Manly versus Maggies (3rd vs 6th).

Tough to pick a winer on current forms IMO. Though Norths would have to be favourites .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 16 - July 26 & 27
Saturday
2:30pm - North Sydney Bears v Wentworthville @ NSO
3:00pm - Newtown Jets v Windsor Wolves @ Henson
3:00pm - Balmain-Ryde Tigers v Bulldogs @ Leichhardt
4:30pm - Cronulla Cobras v Auckland Vulcans @ Toyota

Sunday
9:45am - Central Newcastle v Central Coast Storm @ EnergyAustralia
3:00pm - Wests Magpies v Manly Sea Eagles @ Campbelltown

Ladder after Round 15
NORTH SYDNEY BEARS 27
WENTWORTHVILLE 23
MANLY SEA EAGLES 21
NEWTOWN JETS 20
WINDSOR WOLVES 16
WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES 15
AUCKLAND VULCANS 12
CENTRAL COAST STORM 12
BULLDOGS 11
CENTRAL NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 10
BALMAIN RYDE TIGERS 09*
CRONULLA COBRAS 06*

* indicates played additional game.

baddog

Juniors
Norths versus Wenty/Parra.( 1st vs 2nd ).
Jets versus Windsor (4th vs 5th).
Manly versus Maggies (3rd vs 6th).

Tough to pick a winer on current forms IMO. Though Norths would have to be favourites .

round of the season. leaguetv need to give up their weekends completely and get to nso or henson on saturday, then back up at campbelltown on sunday.

Latest posts