What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Fullback - Kurt Gidley?

Frederick

Staff member
Bumping this thread.

6 rounds in. 6 outstanding games from Kurt Gidley at fullback.

For mine, the NSW fullback position will come down to Stewart or Gidley. If Stewart gets the nod, then Gidley will definitely be on the bench - he HAS to be. Selectors cannot ignore his form.

perverse

Referee
as i said last page.. he will get an origin jersey this year. and he's only pushing his claims further and further for the #1 spot. he's dead set on fire at the moment, and wouldn't at all look out of place in the sky blue.

macavity

Referee
thats a huge slap in the face for a guy leading the dally m's - and does not solve our winger problem.

Garts

Bench
Stewart has been playing well for 2 years plus, Gidley has been solid in recent years without being great. He is playing great now but can he keep it up, he needs to show he can imo before he gets a starting spot.

In saying that I would not be upset if he was given the spot.

icewind

Juniors
Stewart should add some try scoring ability to the nsw backline.
maybe.....

Stewart
Merritt
Cooper
King
Tahu
Gower
Orford
Mason
Buderus
Kite
Hindmarsh
Simpson
Kidley

Bailey
Clinton/Omeley
Tupou
Farah

macavity

Referee
Kids at lock - we have a dearth of backrowers, why put a fullback there

I dont understand people picking Farah on the bench. he covers 2 positions.

If we want a utility, its either kids or bird - or both in the starting line up, and keep a backrower/centre swing on the bench - Cory Paterson for smokey ;-)

Stranger

Coach
macavity said:
thats a huge slap in the face for a guy leading the dally m's - and does not solve our winger problem.

Try telling Preston Campbell that.
Dally M's doesn't mean rep selection.

macavity

Referee
difference being

preston can't tackle

and to be fair he only won it because joey was excluded due to suspension.

Mr Saab

Referee
Gidley is a must for the bench because of his ability to cover 1000 spots....like Berrigan for QLD.

Munky

Coach
Speaking of wingers does Mick Gordon have a chance of being selected for either side? He's been rock solid in defence, has great pace and can kicks goals brilliantly (if inconsistently). We got him from Tweed Heads so I don't know if he'd be QLD or NSW.

macavity said:
and to be fair he only won it because joey was excluded due to suspension.

Does anyone have a point list for that season? I heard that Preston actually polled more points than Johns anyway.

icewind

Juniors
as a qlder i both look forward to, and fear Minichiello donning the 1. Damn good player, and along with Johns, Buderus and Hindmarsh, the heart and soul of the blues over the last few years.

icewind

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
Yes, but he was born and raised in NSW.

i think he may have been talked about a bit if he was a qlder for origin possibilities so maybe he is a blue?