What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game II team announced

Moffo

Referee
Jennings, Williams, Wallace, Barrett, Kite and Stewart are simpy baffling descisions.

I don't know what the selectors are doing anymore, just truly horrible selections.

wtf has jennings done wrong? :crazy:

jimmyo

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Wolfman
3.Lyon
4.Brett Morris
5.Josh Morris

6.Campese
7.Mullen

8.Poore
9.Farah
10.Kite
11.Hindmarsh
12.O'Donnell
13.Stewart

14.Wing
15.TLL
16.Watmo
17.Creagh

Been watching top gear ever since I first saw the team announcement, and in the last 2 hours or so, the team still sucks just as bad now as it did when they read it out

Patsy

Juniors
Been watching top gear ever since I first saw the team announcement, and in the last 2 hours or so, the team still sucks just as bad now as it did when they read it out

while i am not totally happy with the team i think it is close to the best 17 available

who would you pick ?

benj4

Juniors
cooper has been there before as recent as last year and was crap
Strongly disagree. I thought he was soild. IMO, defensively, he would handle QLD's backline better than any other centre in the game . His attack is also underrated. When used properly he is a damaging ball runner. He also has a combination with Morris and Creagh from club level.

what is his defence like? can he do the hard stuff or can he just run fast when in the clear remembering that not alot of fresh space in origin
There is no use speculating how he will go. You have to throw him in and see. Brett Morris is big, fast, a good returner of the football from kicks and a good finisher. His defence is also fine from what I have seen. Wolfman on the other hand, our young winger Antonio Winterstein leaped all over the top of him a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have had one prop on the bench for a start, and wallace wouldn't have been the halfback, nor would barrett have been there.

jimmyo

Juniors
Also, what shade of lipstick is Billy Slater wearing in that magazine ad on the right?Sigh...i'm gonna go to bed and pretend Gidley isn't in the NSW team

Moffo

Referee
what has the general done wrong this year? the right 1,6,7 and 9 are essential in origin

1. Luke Patten
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jarred Hayne
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Jarred Mullen
13. Paul Gallen
12. Luke O'Donnell
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
10. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis/Robbie Farah
8. Brent Kite

14. Justin Poore
15. Craig Wing
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Keith Galloway

Need 2 props on the bench. f**k the manly players off as well, squibs that add nothing to the team

cant have watmough,o'donnell and gallen in the same team. too many hotheads

aqua_duck

Coach
Does Mullen's form justify his selection?

Honestly you wouldn't be gaining much from dropping Wallace for Mullen. It'd be like trading a Red MnM for a Blue MnM.
its better than Wallace's
Wallace has been close to the oppositions best player the last 3 games he's played

Patsy

Juniors
Strongly disagree. I thought he was soild. IMO, defensively, he would handle QLD's backline better than any other centre in the game . His attack is also underrated. When used properly he is a damaging ball runner. He also has a combination with Morris and Creagh from club level.

There is no use speculating how he will go. You have to throw him in and see. Brett Morris is big, fast, a good returner of the football from kicks and a good finisher. His defence is also fine from what I have seen. Wolfman on the other hand, our young winger Antonio Winterstein leaped all over the top of him a couple of weeks ago.

i don't get where lyon's poor defence is coming from - in origin 1 inglis scored 1 try from getting on the outside of mcmanus (not lyon) and his second he scored with 3 blues on top of him of watch lyon was around the legs and still there when he plants the ball

in the 08 g/f and in the club game manly v storm this year lyon contained inglis well - his defence is a strong part of his game especially kick chase and scramble

league

Juniors
i dont have a problem with Barrett. He will deliver. Mark my words, and this is coming from a Saints fan.

he always does, never lets NSW down, and will be MOM on wednesday week.

the selections that i disagree with are Kite, Lyon, Wallace, Williams.

TLL should be in the team for Kite, Coops for Lyon, B Morris for wolfman.

Patsy

Juniors

i am guessing all the st george morans are well and truly out of the cupboard now!!!

guess what - the dragons won't win crap this year like the past 30 odd years - it is time for their season to start going downhill fast like it has in almost every season since their last premiership

Latest posts