What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game II team announced

Patsy

Juniors
i dont have a problem with Barrett. He will deliver. Mark my words, and this is coming from a Saints fan.

he always does, never lets NSW down, and will be MOM on wednesday week.

the selections that i disagree with are Kite, Lyon, Wallace, Williams.

TLL should be in the team for Kite, Coops for Lyon, B Morris for wolfman.

take out TLL best 5 games and tell me what else he has done? this guy is like a snowball at the moment - come from no where and now everyone thinks he should be in the team due to a handful of good games.

get off the band wagon people and pick the side on consistent form over the last 12 months at least

hellteam

First Grade
yet he was was close to man of the match in the recent test and has been a big part of the manly resurgance this year

This comment (about Glenn Stewart) was the moment you lost all credibility. He had a shocker and completely didn't deserve to be there. Nor in NSW. As a QLDer I'm stoked he's in the team.

Tweed Titan

Bench
I have to say I am surprised we dropped Campese over Wallace, that is truly baffling.

Also people talking about the Cooper omission have valid points, I watched him against the Titans and Cowboys and thought he did very well in both games. At the end of the day though either one of or both Jennings and Lyon are likely to fail fitness tests so Cooper is IMO a likely starter in game 2 anyway.

Hopefully Watmough and Gallen add some starch to the pack. And picking wolfman isn't as bad as some people are making out, at least he has some pace unlike McManus. I don't think he will let us down.

Patsy

Juniors
This comment (about Glenn Stewart) was the moment you lost all credibility. He had a shocker and completely didn't deserve to be there. Nor in NSW. As a QLDer I'm stoked he's in the team.

2 try assists, massive tackle count, good metres made. i remember most media put him up as close to BOG

league

Juniors
I have to say I am surprised we dropped Campese over Wallace, that is truly baffling.

Also people talking about the Cooper omission have valid points, I watched him against the Titans and Cowboys and thought he did very well in both games. At the end of the day though either one of or both Jennings and Lyon are likely to fail fitness tests so Cooper is IMO a likely starter in game 2 anyway.

Hopefully Watmough and Gallen add some starch to the pack. And picking wolfman isn't as bad as some people are making out, at least he has some pace unlike McManus. I don't think he will let us down.

He has JMoz ahead of him..

natheel

Coach
QLD will win game 2 and there goes the series again........NSW needs to bite the bullett and blood a young team and LEAVE it for a whole series unless there is injuries!!!! look at QLD they persevered with their young team and they won 3 series in a row now.

My backline would have looked like this

1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. Campese
7. Wallace

sure its inexperienced but they will be the future of origin for NSW and with more games in origin they will only get better.

Selectors need to pull their heads out of their arses

Jason Maher

Immortal
i am guessing all the st george morans are well and truly out of the cupboard now!!!

guess what - the dragons won't win crap this year like the past 30 odd years - it is time for their season to start going downhill fast like it has in almost every season since their last premiership

What in the blue f**k has this comment got to do with the NSW Origin team?

From reading some replies you would think the Raiders are the defending premiers and anyone who actually played for the premiers is an over rated hack.
Reasonable side just needs less Wallace.Campese at 6 and Barrett at 7 would have been much better.

Dragon

Coach
i am guessing all the st george morans are well and truly out of the cupboard now!!!

guess what - the dragons won't win crap this year like the past 30 odd years - it is time for their season to start going downhill fast like it has in almost every season since their last premiership

:lol: Apey is a knights fan you dolt

Liam

Juniors

Good work mate.

Dutchy

Immortal
a282_s14.jpg

greeny12

Juniors
Patsy - I'm guessing you're a manly supporter ... seems you might be just as bias as some of the dragons fans on here??

Patsy

Juniors
sorry i was a bit over the top - just got called a genius on the back of a comment i made about cooper - i assumed it was a dragon supporter being an idiot

Patsy

Juniors
Patsy - I'm guessing you're a manly supporter ... seems you might be just as bias as some of the dragons fans on here??

i am but i am trying to justify their positions in the team and at the same time indicating why the others were not picked - only sticking up for the manly boys cause it is us against the world

hard for me to understand how williams, stewart, watmough, kite etc are all hacks on the back of 2 g/fs and a 40-nil g/f win along side some pretty handy test appearances for some.

meanwhile posters want players like TLL in the side after 2-3 good games.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I honestly cannot remember Tom Learoyd Lahrs playing a bad game?? He has missed a few (including an entire year) through injuries and the odd suspension but he has always been an unstoppable monster especially in the backrow.

There was a game he played in his first year for Canberra. I think it might have been against Penrith where he just DESTROYED them. I am sure Skeepe or Raider69 will correct me if I am wrong on the game but he was being talked up as an origin player back then in 2006. That was when the first questions of his "origin" came up. I remember a debate on the footy show about it. TLL believing he was a Queenslander but he was in fact origin tied to NSW.

It was only a few games later he went down to an injury that would keep him out of basically two years of footy.

Last edited:

Jasdragon

Juniors
1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. B. Morris

6. Mullen/Soward
7. Wallace

8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. O Donnell
13. Gallen

14.Wing
15 TLL
16. Poore
17. Stewart

That would have been such a better team but nope nsw selectors are either blind and stupid or just plain geniused

Take Wallace out of that side!

Jasdragon

Juniors
cooper has been there before as recent as last year and was crap

Cooper crap last series :crazy: you have no idea!

and morris while on fire yet hasn't proved anything in a big game environment like finals, origins or tests. he has had a good year so far but it is only 14 games old.

What a stupid comment, how the hell does he prove him self in origin etc if they don't pick him????

Latest posts