What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game II team announced

Jasdragon

Juniors
i am guessing all the st george morans are well and truly out of the cupboard now!!!

guess what - the dragons won't win crap this year like the past 30 odd years - it is time for their season to start going downhill fast like it has in almost every season since their last premiership

:crazy::lol: fool!

Last edited:
i am but i am trying to justify their positions in the team and at the same time indicating why the others were not picked - only sticking up for the manly boys cause it is us against the world

hard for me to understand how williams, stewart, watmough, kite etc are all hacks on the back of 2 g/fs and a 40-nil g/f win along side some pretty handy test appearances for some.

meanwhile posters want players like TLL in the side after 2-3 good games.

Because, well, 2008 is different to 2009.
And you against the world :lol: good one.

ParraFan09

Juniors
the team is ok but i would have went like this

1. gidley (c)
2. hayne
3. jennings
4. cooper
5. williams
6. mullen/soward
7. soward/mullen
8. poore
9. farah
10. weyman
11. creagh
12. gallen
13. o'donnell

14. wing
15. TLL
16. stewart
17. o'meley

not too many changes but IMO thats a team that could give QLD a run for there money.

ozjet1

so how many half combos since Johns' retirement have NSW had up to the Barrett/Wallace duo? has any combo in recent times played 2 consecutive games, let alone a series?

personally, i wouldve gone with Mullen/Kimmorley from game 1.

and having to listen to Barrett give several interviews in the next week and a half should be classified as a form of torture.

That is without doubt the worst side in Origin history..and it's captained by the worst captain in Origin history.

QLD by 40.

mongoose

Coach
We are never going to beat this Qld side on skill. No matter who NSW picks in the backline, QLD has it all over us.

Our only chance is to bash the sh*t out of them in the forwards. I would consider picking O'meley and Mason if they weren't in such woeful form. TLL is a must. Keep Creagh and Gallen. Hindmarsh should come into the side as well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I see we've thrown out the youth policy after just one game, and gone with the old injured player policy

The busiest official at the Blues camp will be the team doctor

If it weren't so true, it would be funny.

The only shake up NSW need is new selectors.

Joker's Wild

Coach
so how many half combos since Johns' retirement have NSW had up to the Barrett/Wallace duo? has any combo in recent times played 2 consecutive games, let alone a series?

personally, i wouldve gone with Mullen/Kimmorley from game 1.

and having to listen to Barrett give several interviews in the next week and a half should be classified as a form of torture.

To be fair most of those combos were forced changes due to injuries.

In fact I think Campo is the 1st half to be dropped due to form since Kimmorley in '05

Mr Saab

Referee
This comment (about Glenn Stewart) was the moment you lost all credibility. He had a shocker and completely didn't deserve to be there. Nor in NSW. As a QLDer I'm stoked he's in the team.

As a QLD supporter i am more than pleased he is there. He is a fine player, but origin player he aint.
Gotta love Bozo Fulton...

Sir Biffo

Bench
The sad thing is, I think we'll win game two, justify the selections, and get creamed in game three. I don't think Queensland could take this side seriously and wont turn up to play with their heads screwed on.

The side we named in Origin I was dead seat the best side we'd named for four years. This is nearly as bad as the time we had a halves combo of Gower and Gasnier.

Jason Maher

Immortal
presto should get a run, been carving it up for years

Like El Masri (one game, should have played many more), Blacklock, and now Soward, he never has and never will get a look in because the NSW selectors think little blokes can't tackle and don't belong in Origin. I think it's a crock of sh*t, and Soward should have got a run this year, and the other 3 should have been picked years ago.

edit: thanks biffo for reminding me of the Gasnier 5/8 debacle. I had blocked it out of my mind.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Like El Masri (one game, should have played many more), Blacklock, and now Soward, he never has and never will get a look in because the NSW selectors think little blokes can't tackle and don't belong in Origin. I think it's a crock of sh*t, and Soward should have got a run this year, and the other 3 should have been picked years ago..

i hate the mentality that there are 'origin' players and you ahve to have the 'build' for origin. if players carev up the nrl week to week they're good enough to play origin, whetehr they handle the rpessure is another thing.

you hear this crap of 'selectors wont pick mullen and wallace cos they're both small' - well they're both been in the nrl for a eyars and handled it there and the players they play against in origin are the same players they deal with on a weekly basis....

i rate cambell as one of the ebst plaeyrs never to achieve higher rep honours. i think he'd carve it up in an arena like origin especially when the big boys get tired. but it seems the nsw selectors dont want to take a punt on smaller players, instead believeing if you're big like campese that somehoe equates to being a great player

t-ba

Post Whore
Stupid to have Stewart on the Bench. If he's not a starter, dump him for TLL.

If Watmough and TLL turned up to play off the bench they would cause complete havoc.

Latest posts