What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin Game 3 Side

brooksy19

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Gasnier
4. Lawrence
5. Jennings

6. Soward
7. Pearce

8. Galloway
9.Farah (c)
10. Snowdon
11. Lewis
12. Hindmarsh
13. Watmough

14. Gidley
15. Heignington
16. Weyman
17. Mason

jc155776

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Morris B
3. Campion/Jennings/Laurence
4. Champion/Jennings/Laurence
5. Morris J

6. Soward
7. Pierce

8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Gallen

14. Bird
15. Weyman
16. Creagh
17. Douglas

Gidley cannot be fitted into the NSW team. I really think his inclusion at the cost of a more versatile forward is killing us.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
jc155776 said:
1. Hayne
2. Morris B
5. Morris J

6. Soward
7. Pierce

8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Gallen

14. Bird
15. Weyman
16. Creagh
17. Douglas

Gidley cannot be fitted into the NSW team. I really think his inclusion at the cost of a more versatile forward is killing us.

Great team, Gallen or Watmough as captain.

adamkungl

Immortal
Righto guys, heres the game to beat QLD in game 3 and game 1 next year and beyond...

1 Dugan
2 Hayne
3 Jennings
4 Lawrence
5 Morris
6 Soward
7 Pearce
8 Weyman
9 Ennis
10 Snowden
11 Gallen
12 Watmough
13 Lewis (c)

14 Bird
15 Learoyd-Lahrs
16 Douglas
17 Mannah

Last edited:

jc155776

Coach
My personal preference even as a Sharks supporter would be Lewis as Captain IF they played him for 80 minutes OR Mitchell Pierce.

Pierce is young, but he will be on he field for 80 mins and that is what is needed. He will also be guaranteed the next 2 years there at least it seems, which is fair enough with the limited halfback options NSW have and his solid performance last start.

Soward has a massive clearing kick, is he left footed as well maybe?? If so that gives us kicking options both sides of the ruck.

adamkungl

Immortal
On Soward - Up until pretty much right now I would have preferred Campese or Sutton...but they simply aren't taking games when they are there to be taken. Wildly inconsistent.

jc155776

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Morris B
5. Morris J

6. Soward
7. Pierce

8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Gallen

14. Bird
15. Weyman/Douglas/Mannah
16. Creagh
17. Weyman/Douglas/Mannah

I have just amended this slightly.

I would also believe players such as Idris when he learns to read in defence, Galloway, Heighnington, Campese, Dugan and Sutton would be in the mix as well. Those players listed there mostly just need a bit more consistency OR have their spot taken currently by a player that cannot be left out.

skeepe

Immortal
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. John Sutton
7. Mitchell Pearce

8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
13. Luke Lewis (c)

14. Luke Douglas
15. Dane Tilse
16. Joel Thompson
17. Greg Bird

Tiger Hawk

Bench
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. John Sutton
7. Mitchell Pearce

8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
13. Luke Lewis (c)

14. Luke Douglas
15. Dane Tilse
16. Joel Thompson
17. Greg Bird
Bring in Mannah & Gallen for Tilse & Thompson and that's a top side. Not a knock on Tilse but I just don't think he'd be able to cope with the speed of Origin. Thompson is playing good footy but just not sure he's ready and I think Gallen was a stand-out last week and shouldn't lose his spot.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I saw Barrett trying to play a halfback role when Pearce went missing... And I saw him miss less tackles than Pearce, and kick more meteres... In fact... Was Pearce out there?

Pearce is the myth.

Barrett shouldn't be there because he is retiring.
Just looking at the stats:

Barrett kicked twice more than Pearce (7 - 5) for a grand total of an extra 16 metres (175 - 159). But you're right, he kicked more metres.

Missed tackles, yep you're on the money again, Barrett's 4 were less than Pearce's 6. Of course Pearce made 26 tackles to Barrett's 11, so his missed tackle percentage of total attempted tackles was 20%, compared to Barrett's 27%.

And then there's Pearce try assist, line break assist, and off-load to throw in......pretty clear who had the better game.

mrpwnd

Bench
On Soward - Up until pretty much right now I would have preferred Campese or Sutton...but they simply aren't taking games when they are there to be taken. Wildly inconsistent.

Plus Suttons a member of the bra boys, that demands immediate barring from rep footy :D

joseph1

Juniors
Coote, Dugan, Morris, Jennings, Hayne, Barret, Pearce, Snowden, Farah, Mannah, Hindmarsh, Watmough, Lewis. Bird, Mason, Galloway, Learoyd Lars

Dutchy

Immortal
Righto guys, heres the game to beat QLD in game 3 and game 1 next year and beyond...

1 Dugan
2 Hayne
3 Jennings
4 Lawrence
5 Hayne
6 Soward
7 Pearce
8 Weyman
9 Ennis
10 Snowden
11 Gallen
12 Watmough
13 Lewis (c)

14 Bird
15 Learoyd-Lahrs
16 Douglas
17 Mannah

Swap the second Hayne for Morris, and even though I have always pushed for Ennis, Farah's form is now to hard to ignore. And then you have a ripper team.

Dutchy

Immortal
1 Dugan
2 Morris
3 Lawrence
4 Jennings
5 Hayne
6 Soward
7 Pearce
8 Weyman
9 Farah
10 Snowden
11 Gallen
12 Watmough
13 Lewis - CAPTAIN

14 Bird
15 Learoyd-Lahrs
16 Douglas
17 Mannah

*Lyon for Lawrence if fit.

adamkungl

Immortal
Swap the second Hayne for Morris, and even though I have always pushed for Ennis, Farah's form is now to hard to ignore. And then you have a ripper team.

Woops...

Seriously though, golden boy probably thinks he's good enough to cover both wings, fullback, and the halves.

boonboon

Juniors
FB - Hayne
W- Nathan Merritt
C- Michael Jennings
C-Chris Lawrence
W- Brett Morris
FE- Brett Finch - Knows how to win Origin, brings the right attitude,brings some experience and is playing better then Barrett et al, also despite seeming to be around forever is only 28- still 5 yrs younger then Lockyer and most importantly the form NSW 5/8 in the comp -Personally dont see him leaving the NRL he has had a lot of opportunities and always turned them down
HB- Mitchell Pearce
L - Paul Gallen
SR -Anthony Laffranchi
SR - Luke Lewis
P - Luke Douglas
H- Robbie Farah
P- Tim Grant
R1-Keith Galloway
R2- Kade Snowden/ Aiden Tolman
R3-Tom Leahroyd Lahrs
R4- Kurt Gidley - Dont think he's up to it just not sure who else to fill that utility role

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Merritt
6. Sutton
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Farah