What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin Game 3 Side

watatank

Coach
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Timana Tahu
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Michael Jennings
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Brett White
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough*
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
16. Tim Mannah
17. Luke Lewis

18. Greg Bird

*denotes subject to injury.

How does Brett White manage to make the cut? :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
He was solid on Wednesday.

Didn't do anything wrong.

However along with Kidley, Hindmarsh and Barrett he won't be there come Origin 2011.

Nightward

Juniors
I know it's fashionable around these parts to mock the Queenslander's "passion" for Origin... but I also think it's about time for NSW to have a look at that themselves.

Even when the NSW team was (supposedly) filled with players light years ahead of their competitors, the Maroons would dig deep and still be trying to win, even with ten seconds on the clock. The Blues, however, just meekly gave in.

Game Two was always going to be a massive assignment. Facing Queensland at home, after the week NSW had in camp, was a big ask. And not many stood up and had a go.

If five series losses straight and a 34-6 thumping cannot motivate them to win, I do not know what could. They need to find some pride in their jersey, some pride in representing their state, and draw strength from that.

Because until they learn to stop being out-enthused by Queensland- even in the dying stages of a game already lost- nothing else will matter.

Fibroman

First Grade
Jennings marked up against Folao last night and shut him down with excellent defence. He has to be in the side in game 3 for NSW to have any chance.

I'll have to thank Brook for giving me these stats (Though she rarely posts anymore)

So Farah DESTROYS Ennis on attack. It's not a matter of debate, Farah DESTROYS him.

Oh, but of course, Robbie can't defend.... Has more tackles per game, and averages less missed tackles.

One could argue based on the above stats Moffo, that forget SOO, anyone who thinks Ennis is first grade standard, then they are a tard ;-)

Let's forget the Tigers/Bulldogs to and fro, on the above stats, for those selecting Ennis, how can you possibly justify selecting Ennis and not Farah?

The stat left out is the most important; Ennis sucks up to every selector and media person he can.

FastEddie

Juniors
Ennis .... the spastic man's hooker
Bred by spastics, bought by spastics (all 12 clubs who figured he was sh*t within 2 seasons)

watatank

Coach
He was solid on Wednesday.

Didn't do anything wrong.

However along with Kidley, Hindmarsh and Barrett he won't be there come Origin 2011.

He was ok but this is the fourth consecutive series he has played a part in and has shown anything to suggest he is up to this level. Weyman was poor on Wednesday and I can vaguely see justification for his dropping but at least he has shown more than White over his short career. White's a waste of space when we have Douglas and Tolman available.

R2Coupe

Juniors
But Michael Ennis is "made for Origin." :?

Cameron Smith's outstanding game on SOO highlighted the fact Ennis cannot compete at this level. The skills demonstrated by Smith can only be matched by Farah. Let's hope NSW get it right in the future.

FastEddie

Juniors
But Ennis is made for origin
Don't worry about the fact he's a pillow, misses more tackles, makes less, creates nothing, is a sh*t kicker etc etc ... Rabs and Gus and Fatty have said he's tough. So has Loz. If Nth Korea make the 2nd round of the World Cup Obama should let them fire 1 nuke. I'd make submissions that they fire it at melbourne and we have the channel 9 f**ktards stationed there at the time, 2 birds with the 1 stone sort of thing

grandorient

Bench
For the last game NSW have got to put in the BEST players, not the 'in-form' ones, and stick with them. These will be NSW best players for the next 3 years or so of Origin, and if they keep this side, they will definitely get some wins.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Mark Gasnier - if he comes back, otherwise Morris/Lawrence and STICK WITH IT
5. Josh Dugan
6. Terry Campese - leave him in and he will thrive, give him confidence
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Douglas
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. Todd Carney
15. Tom Lehyroyd-Lars
16. Kane Snowden
17. Greg Bird

How you pick a captain out of that lot I don't know..

These players should never go near Origin jerseys again:

- White
- Waterhouse
- Creagh
- Lyon (doesn't want to be there)
- Hindmarsh (too old and does nothing in attack)
- Cooper (just doesn't have what it takes at this level)
- Perry

There's probably a few I've missed there. QLD front rowers have been dominating this year. Although they are better, a lot of that can be put down to Cameron Smith. Michael Ennis is absolutely NOTHING on Smith, and the only player NSW can put in that could do anywhere near as effective a job is Farah. He could ball-play and get the forwards rolling like Smith does with QLD.

But at the end of the day that is a good team and there is no reason they can't upset Qld. Hell, we've won with WAY worse.

Thats a pretty good looking and positive team there Hellteam.

As you say, for the next 3 years and stick with them.

A couple of small adjustments I would look at, would be switching Dugan and Hayne and I would like to see O'Donnell and Tahu there somewhere. Possibly taking Jennings spot and O'Donnell on the bench instead of Bird or Carney.

Still, I think you may well be close to the money.

GO

Grishnakh

Juniors
It's doing my heart good to be reading this forum, to see that most people agree that Robbie Farah has got to be picked ahead of the media-generated myth that is Michael Ennis. Someone's already pointed out the comparative stats, which shows it's no contest. Ennis shouldn't even be second, third or fourth in line. He's supposed to lead the Bulldogs around the park and where are they on the table. Farah, as usual, is near the top of the Dally M table and the Tigers are coming third. In game one last year, Farah was one of our best. Then in game 2 he played with crap ribs when people had been doubting his toughness. He didn't have a good game, but he still was (I think) second in the tackle count. But the media hypists were immediately white-anting him and pushing Ennis's barrow, after Farah had been Buderus's heir apparent for two or three seasons and deserved a decent run.

Pick Bird, pick Jennings but for god's sake pick Farah and sent "made for Origin" Ennis to play fahkin netball!

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Based purely on matchups QLD Game II side with new faces for the dead rubber:

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm) - Jarryd Hayne
2. Darius Boyd (St George Illawarra Dragons) - Josh Dugan/Merritt
3. Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm) - Chris Lawrence/Beau Champion
4. Willie Tonga (North Queensland Cowboys) - Michael Jennings
5. Israel Folau (Brisbane Broncos) - Brett Morris
6. Darren Lockyer – Captain – (Brisbane Broncos) - Greg Bird
7. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys) - Mitchell Pearce
8. Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys) - Weyman
9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm) - Farrar
10. Dave Shillington (Canberra Raiders) - Snowden
11. Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters) - Watmough
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos) - Mason (only NSW 2nd rower I think that can match his aggressiveness)
13. Ashley Harrison (Gold Coast Titans) - Luke Lewis
Interchange:
14. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm) - Soward
15. Ben Hannant (Canterbury Bulldogs) - Tim Grant
16. Neville Costigan (St George Illawarra Dragons) - Gallen
17. Dave Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs) - Tolman

brook

First Grade
Then in game 2 he played with crap ribs when people had been doubting his toughness. He didn't have a good game, but he still was (I think) second in the tackle count.

It wasn't just the ribs, his back was gone and from memory there was another injury as well. He really should have sat that one out but doing so would have just created a whole lot more 'Farah not tough enough' hype :roll:

RHCP

Bench
If everyone was fit I'd like to see

1 - Josh Dugan
2 - Jarryd Hayne
3 - Jamie Lyon
4 - Josh Morris
5 - Brett Morris
6 - Jamie Soward
7 - Mitchell Pearce
8 - Kade Snowden
9 - Robbie Farah
10 - Aiden Tolman
11 - Anthony Watmough
12 - Nathan Hindmarsh
13 - Paul Gallen (c)

14 - Luke Lewis
15 - Tim Mannah
16 - Tom Leahroyd-Lahrs
17 - Greg Bird

18th Man - Joel Thompson

ANTiLAG

First Grade
If everyone was fit I'd like to see

1 - Josh Dugan
2 - Jarryd Hayne
3 - Jamie Lyon
4 - Josh Morris
5 - Brett Morris
6 - Jamie Soward
7 - Mitchell Pearce
8 - Kade Snowden
9 - Robbie Farah
10 - Aiden Tolman
11 - Anthony Watmough
12 - Nathan Hindmarsh
13 - Paul Gallen (c)

14 - Luke Lewis
15 - Tim Mannah
16 - Tom Leahroyd-Lahrs
17 - Greg Bird

18th Man - Joel Thompson

Captain Penalty to the rescue? Are you for real? If Gallen is the poor man's Goron Tallis then the poor man is a beggar.

Latest posts