What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin Game 3 Side

Goldthorpe

Bench
I'll have to thank Brook for giving me these stats (Though she rarely posts anymore)

So Farah DESTROYS Ennis on attack. It's not a matter of debate, Farah DESTROYS him.

Oh, but of course, Robbie can't defend.... Has more tackles per game, and averages less missed tackles.

One could argue based on the above stats Moffo, that forget SOO, anyone who thinks Ennis is first grade standard, then they are a tard ;-)

Let's forget the Tigers/Bulldogs to and fro, on the above stats, for those selecting Ennis, how can you possibly justify selecting Ennis and not Farah?
I think NSW should get over that you need to be niggly, tough and hard to play State of Origin for NSW - That's why they selected Michael Ennis.

No they should scrap that and pick the best available Hooker and that's Robbie Farah, Michael Ennis has been in terrible form all season.

meltiger

First Grade
I think NSW should get over that you need to be niggly, tough and hard to play State of Origin for NSW - That's why they selected Michael Ennis.

No they should scrap that and pick the best available Hooker and that's Robbie Farah, Michael Ennis has been in terrible form all season.

Yep, the theory worked just wonders with Gallen and O'Donnell getting penalised all night for stupidity lol

Agree mate. Pick our BEST players, not those who are "Origin" players. Whilst this Farah V Ennis debate is indicative of NSW problems, it's being replicated all over the positions and shock horror, we simply can't compete.

Gaba

First Grade
or if they have to play them, use players which teams arent likely going to be in the finals like the sharks,raiders,bulldogs,cowboys

timka4

Bench
Game 3 dead rubbers are a joke, get rid of them.

I think it's pretty agreeable that all of us still watch them, although they mean nothing. They still pull big crowds, good ratings and is still another origin game to watch. I bet you still watch the game, and probably will still enjoy it.

Frailty

First Grade
Yep, the theory worked just wonders with Gallen and O'Donnell getting penalised all night for stupidity lol

Agree mate. Pick our BEST players, not those who are "Origin" players. Whilst this Farah V Ennis debate is indicative of NSW problems, it's being replicated all over the positions and shock horror, we simply can't compete.

Funny that Gallen gave away one penalty for a soft high tackle... But that equates all night.

Frailty

First Grade
Barrett was solid? WTF did he do? What didn't I see? I saw him NOT take the line on. I saw him bomb Folau 3 times. I saw him aimlessly shuffle the ball onto the next player time and time again. I saw him miss a bunch of tackles. The guy has always been an utter myth.

Please - Campese, Sutton, Soward f**k even a spastic like Mullen should be given a shot.

I saw Barrett trying to play a halfback role when Pearce went missing... And I saw him miss less tackles than Pearce, and kick more meteres... In fact... Was Pearce out there?

Pearce is the myth.

Barrett shouldn't be there because he is retiring.

meltiger

First Grade
Funny that Gallen gave away one penalty for a soft high tackle... But that equates all night.

I'd had a few beers, but he didn't get penalised for kicking JT at the scrum? :lol: @ the ref if so. Maybe I was a touch harsh on him and that was someone else (I had had quite a few beers by that point).

Don't get me wrong, I am fully in support of Gallen being in the side, but we can't pick players solely on the basis they are grubs, which is certainly what gets Luke & Ennis their jerseys

Agree with you on Baz, there were far worse out there than the performance he gave.

Gaba

First Grade
I saw Barrett trying to play a halfback role when Pearce went missing... And I saw him miss less tackles than Pearce, and kick more meteres... In fact... Was Pearce out there?

Pearce is the myth.

Barrett shouldn't be there because he is retiring.
i agree Barrett would be more a threat at halfback then pearce would, pearce been in the nrl for over 3 years and still has no attack other then the kick against good defensive teams.

hybrid_tiger

Coach

But Michael Ennis is "made for Origin." :?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Who cares about the NSW halves.

Debate soemthing more important like

Farah v Ennis

I really think NSW fans are making progress on that one.

langpark

First Grade
There have been too many selection blunders to list them all... I'll just go thru a couple.

1. Bellamy as coach. He had his shot and won 2/6, losing 4 straight in the middle
2. Gidley as Captain and fullback. Was in good form last year and we had no-one else
3. Lyon at #6. He's a centre but Origin isn't really his go anyway. Club and Country.
4. No Greg Bird. He's still the best #13 we have.
thank you!

i can't believe no one is talking about Bird, i thought it was a no brainer. even have him at 5/8

Big Pete

Referee
The selectors shouldn't be too dramatic with who they drop, rather just send the right message to the right players.

These players deserve to be dropped: Cooper, Weyman, Waterhouse and Creagh.

While Monaghan and Scott both drop out for those they replaced in Tahu and Lyon respectively. Not to mention Luke O'Donnell will miss the game through suspension and will be a straight swap for his namesake, Lewis.

That makes the side...

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Timana Tahu
3. Jamie Lyon
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett (vc)
7. Mitchell Pearce
9. Michael Ennis
10. Brett White
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley (c)
15. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
17. Luke Lewis

Positions to consider...

Centre: There are three contenders for that left centre spot in Josh Morris, Chris Lawrence and Michael Jennings. Each of them has their own advantage over the other and in the end it comes down to preference. I'm not really a fan of this selection, but I believe the selectors will go Jennings. His side is close to the top of the table and he's by far the more flamboyant out of the three. He didn't have a great series last time and his form hasn't been as red-hot as it was last series but at the very least he'll provide some spark outwide and could trouble Tonga. BP Summary Selection: Michael Jennings.

Front Row: Need two forwards here to start and work off the bench. I could draw up a long list but I've already reached a decision. Lock in Kade Snowden at #8 and Tim Mannah at #16. Both have been in great form, and they deserve to be rewarded.

Second Row: Anthony Watmough would be there if fit, but if not it could just about go to anybody. However, if I'm replacing somebody, I'd like to bring in someone who I believe has the potential to do as good if not as great a job as the man he is replacing. Call me daft but Greg Bird would be the ideal replacement for mine.

In summary...

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Timana Tahu
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Michael Jennings
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Brett White
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough*
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
16. Tim Mannah
17. Luke Lewis

18. Greg Bird

*denotes subject to injury.

langpark

First Grade
wat a shambles. where else in the world, and in which sport do you ever see a captain on the bench!?

As for the selection, they've tried everything except Farah and Bird, time to give them a go.

FastEddie

Juniors
They should keep 4 of the side
Hayne - but on the wing
Pearce
Morris B
Gallen

See you later to the rest of the f**king spastics. And start with that fat arsed parramatta spastic hindmarsh. The `workaholic' who has 15 carries for 42m (at 45 degrees) and makes 48 4th man in tackles. What a complete myth this f**king clown is. A f**king nothing player if ever there was. Has all the impact of my nan with her handbag

Springs

First Grade
Hayne - but on the wing
Pearce
Morris B
Gallen

See you later to the rest of the f**king spastics. And start with that fat arsed parramatta spastic hindmarsh. The `workaholic' who has 15 carries for 42m (at 45 degrees) and makes 48 4th man in tackles. What a complete myth this f**king clown is. A f**king nothing player if ever there was. Has all the impact of my nan with her handbag

What a complete joke it is that you are allowed to have an opinion...

Apey

Staff member
Hayne - but on the wing
Pearce
Morris B
Gallen

But but Hindy is a fan favourite and a LU darling... and look, you've already upset someone. :x