What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Matt23

Staff member
Lewis in the centre's, lock or on the bench? I reckon either him or Beau Scott need to play centre to nullify Inglis, like Gus said.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Play him at lock and for 80 mins. None of this utility crap off the bench. He is the best lock in the comp.

Noa

First Grade
Lewis in the centre's, lock or on the bench? I reckon either him or Beau Scott need to play centre to nullify Inglis, like Gus said.

Luke Lewis isnt much of a defender, center is the last spot you want him.

Yeah, 16 tackles and 8 misses.. Not exactly the best defender.

I've actually warmed to the idea of putting in Chris Lawrence and Joel Reddy in the centres, based on tackling rate and tackles/missed+ineffective, they have the best percentages both over 85%.

Cooper I would play, but Morris and Jennings are defensively suspect and Lyon seems to have no heart in the jumper (he wanted exemption last year)? If he does though I'd take him I guess, he's been in awesome form.

petetheileet

First Grade
I Love Lewis.....

He is a Warrior!!!

He would be one of the first guys i would buy if i was building a team

A true footballer

Joel Reddy is a real good player, however he will won't be selected. Lyon is to small to play center, Inglis would run over him easily, same goes with Jennings. I think they should go with Beau Scott, Inglis always brings the best out of him! If Jamal Idris could fix his defence, he would be a chance of making it, he is like Izzy with that turn-stall defence. Idris is a handful is attack, they should consider him on the wing, they could use him like Vatuvei!

Vic Mackey

Referee
josh morris has surely played himself out of an origin jersey, has had a horrendous start to the year.

Spot On

Coach
Joel Reddy is a real good player, however he will won't be selected. Lyon is to small to play center, Inglis would run over him easily, same goes with Jennings. I think they should go with Beau Scott, Inglis always brings the best out of him! If Jamal Idris could fix his defence, he would be a chance of making it, he is like Izzy with that turn-stall defence. Idris is a handful is attack, they should consider him on the wing, they could use him like Vatuvei!

Agree with you on Reddy, he is getting better all the time. Lyon is a brilliant defender and I don't think Inglis would pose him many problems. As far as Idris goes, well he has as much chance of being selected at Origin level as Shannon McDonnell does!

mxlegend99

Referee
I Love Lewis.....

He is a Warrior!!!

He would be one of the first guys i would buy if i was building a team

A true footballer
He seriously is a champion. He plays with so much passion and does a great job no matter what position he is picked in. I'm hoping he gets the (c) next to his name once Petero Civoniceva heads back to Brisbane. IMO he's our most important player.

gronkathon

First Grade
Lewis should be our utility as he can cover a back row slot with impact and hooker and most back line positions. That and it means we could get rid of Gidley (won't happen though)

As for Lyon he is in great form. However he has been in great form before and done sweet FA in the Origin arena. He is Inglis's bitch

Yosh

Coach
On a wing and a prayer:

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris

6. Soward
7. Pearce

8. Weyman
9. Kidley (c)
10. Ben Cross
11. Gallen
12. Watmough (who needs another 12 on the field really?)
13. Bird

14. Lewis
15. Snowden
16. Leayrod Lahrs
17. Aiden Tolman/Douglas

Can't say it was easy to pick a side, as noone really stands out at the moment apart from Watmough who eats QLDers for breakfast.

Hayne is the obvoius choice. Out of form a little but class player.

Great to have the Morris brothers line up together and they are both excellent finishers.

Jennings/Uate: All attack no defence woohoo!!!

Halves: Really didn't know what to do here. No one really stands out but Pearce has been doing really well so far this year and even though Soward hasn't been red hot still is a better option than Mullen or Campese.

Plenty of pace and points in the backline.

Forwards I have gone for solid starters in Cross and Weyman. Off the bench we'll have new comers Snowden and Aiden (is he NSW?) who'll keep up the momentum in the middle.

Kidley to hooker. Yes interesting choice but I think its probably his best positoin. Loves to defend, has unlimited energy and will chase down everything that moves. Not a bad runner of the ball either.

Backrow of Watmough, Gallen and Bird. We'll give away 10 penalties a half but if there is a biff none of these guys are gonna run (Creaghesque). Brutality. We have Tom comming off the bench for size.

Lewis. Oh I really love this man. As hard as they come and as much utility value as Kidley. He was meant to play Origin.

What you guys think? No chance?

Truthy746

Juniors
Gonna have another go at this..

1. Hayne
2. Minichello
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Lyon
7. Kimmorely
8. Weyman