What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

aqua_duck

Coach
Anyone who thinks Ennis is tough and origin type hooker is kidding themselves, the bloke is a cowardly turnstyle who has never landed one. I mean imagine NSW go in with Watmough, Gallen, Bird and Ennis, the penalty count will be 10-1

Sleep

Juniors
Some guys are deadset playing themselves out of jerseys. Jennings has been average this year. Granted his injured but that's another big question mark over him.

Josh Morris, Kimmorley and Ennis are all horrible at the moment. Hayne isn't playing well. NSW's side could be really, really average.

Brett Morris has to be a shoe in at the moment.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Anyone who thinks Ennis is tough and origin type hooker is kidding themselves, the bloke is a cowardly turnstyle who has never landed one. I mean imagine NSW go in with Watmough, Gallen, Bird and Ennis, the penalty count will be 10-1

Ennis being a "tough" player is the biggest MYTH in the NRL.

Did you see Ennis charge 5m out of the line and try to smash a player who was unaware and not looking. What a cat! And the other bloke got up instantly as well :laughing:

glockers

Juniors
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Cooper
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Michael Jennings
6. John Sutton
7. Brett Kimmorley
13. Greg Bird
12. Trent Waterhouse
11. Ben Creagh
10. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
8. Michael Weyman
14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tim Grant
16. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
17. Brent Kite

MSIH

Bench
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Cooper
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Michael Jennings
6. John Sutton
7. Brett Kimmorley
13. Greg Bird
12. Trent Waterhouse
11. Ben Creagh
10. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
8. Michael Weyman
14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tim Grant
16. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
17. Brent Kite

Haha Michael Cooper.

Tim who?

Seriously, that's a pretty ordinary side.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Kade Snowden is doing everything to get himself into the mix, again outstanding despite playing in a badly beaten dogsh*t team.

Since around half way through 2009 he's been among the best props every week and he's still improving, i'd love to see him get at least a bench spot. No doubt Snowden would do the job if selected, Douglas would be a chance as well but i think Snowden has clearly surpassed him at this point.

Big Pete

Referee
Yes, because losing your captain wasn't serious.

No Hunt, Inglis, Bell or Hodges wasn't serious.

Hell, no Folau, Hannant, Civoniceiva or Myles last year either.

Kilkenny

Coach
Tim Grant, what the f**k? He wouldn't make most first grade sides, let alone origin.

Not in 2010. Come 2012 he will be first choice front rower for NSW and Australia. He has amazing talent for a front rower at his age. Has represented NSW and Australia in the juniors and with continued improvement and development will do the same in the seniors.

Grant still has a long way to go. He's carrying himself off the back of a very effective Penrith pack at this stage, but maybe if he gets some good, consistent performances over the rest of this year and maybe some of next as well I guess he'd be alright. Still not overly sold on him, doesn't have enough grunt and impact for mine.

Him aside, we have some quality young props coming through as well.

Kilkenny

Coach
Grant still has a long way to go. He's carrying himself off the back of a very effective Penrith pack at this stage, but maybe if he gets some good, consistent performances over the rest of this year and maybe some of next as well I guess he'd be alright. Still not overly sold on him, doesn't have enough grunt and impact for mine.

Him aside, we have some quality young props coming through as well.

Granted (excuse the pun) you tend to watch your own thru rose coloured glasses but take it from me Tim Grant will develop in a NSW version of Petero. He will continue to grow and develop and in a couple of seasons he will be the best front rower in the game. I'm not one for putting wraps on kids, far from it, but I have watched Tim Grant over the course of past five years and trust me he is something special in the making.

Spot On

Coach
Granted (excuse the pun) you tend to watch your own thru rose coloured glasses but take it from me Tim Grant will develop in a NSW version of Petero. He will continue to grow and develop and in a couple of seasons he will be the best front rower in the game. I'm not one for putting wraps on kids, far from it, but I have watched Tim Grant over the course of past five years and trust me he is something special in the making.

I hope your right because we have no hope of stopping the old farts Petero and Price in Origin with the props we have to choose from at the moment. Now Petero says he has a couple of years left in him so bring on Tim Grant in 2012!

abpanther

Staff member
Anyone who watched the Panthers today would agree that Luke Lewis has to be in the side somewhere, guy is just getting better and better