What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Gonna have another go at this..

1. Hayne
2. Minichello
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Lyon
7. Kimmorely
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Douglas
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Gidley
15. Kite
16. Snowden
17. Rose

Like a lot of the above side

Don't like the halves, I think time has caught up with Kimmorely and would not like to see him at origin this season. Jamie Lyon will not be 5/8 for NSW. Would probably go with Bird/Gidley (other on the bench) at 5/8 at Pearce at half.

Would replace one of Kite/Rose with Keith Galloway.

Can't see Minichello playing at this level again. Would put Tahua on the wing.

Chirs Lawrence to the centres in place of J Morris.

I can't see what the Josh Morris hype is all about. If Chris Lawrence played for the Dragons, Roosters, Sea Eagles or Bulldogs he would have already played origin. He has to be in the side this year.

The Sydney Morning Herald did an article today about Lyon and menionted Beau Scott, Josh Morris and Michael Jennings with Lyon as the centres in contention for NSW. Does any reporter ever watch the tigers play, Chris Lawrence has been the form NSW centre for this year and most of last season. Would take Lawrence above all the other centres menionted.

These last 2 teams named are average imo. The packs aren't too bad.

Lyon and Kimmorley in the halves is no no no
Soward and Pearce is a bit better but not much

Gidley at hooker is just awfully stupid, Cross @ prop??? how about Paterson, Simpson, Taufua in the back row? Along with Mullen and Dureau in the halves....
I don't think we can afford having J Morris and Jennings in the centres, both are defensively suspect.

I'd really rather neither of these teams be named tbh, although the 2nd has some good potential with a few small changes.

Yosh

Coach
Gidley at hooker is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you want to be biased, pick De Gois.

After watching alot of Knights games I know Gidley has not played hooker offically but I think its his best position. Kidley is captain and he is going to play somewhere trsut me.

De Gois is aight but I'd put Farah ahead of him easy.

Tigers_are_Pro:

Cross is the incumbent. He has been playing okay this year so I don't see why he won't be picked. If not Cross who else?

P.S whether you like it or not the selectors have a hard on for Knights players I don't know why either!:D

Matt23

Staff member
If Jamie Lyon really did'nt want to play he would have told Bozo not to pick him

After watching alot of Knights games I know Gidley has not played hooker offically but I think its his best position. Kidley is captain and he is going to play somewhere trsut me.

De Gois is aight but I'd put Farah ahead of him easy.

Tigers_are_Pro:

Cross is the incumbent. He has been playing okay this year so I don't see why he won't be picked. If not Cross who else?

P.S whether you like it or not the selectors have a hard on for Knights players I don't know why either!:D

Cross is getting on in the years and I think we should blood some youth.

Douglas, Weyman, Galloway, TLL, Snowden, Tolman etc all <26 years old.
Cross is gonna be crook with concussions come origin anyway :p

Yosh

Coach
Cross is getting on in the years and I think we should blood some youth.

Douglas, Weyman, Galloway, TLL, Snowden, Tolman etc all <26 years old.
Cross is gonna be crook with concussions come origin anyway :p

And I agree with you hence I have Snowden and Tolman on the bench. I can't see how you would think Cross is a terrible pick. I know Douglas, Snowden and Tolman have been playing really good lately but so has Cross. Sure it would help if he wore some headgear or something as he knocks himself out every game.:sarcasm:

_Johnsy

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Morris
6. Sutton/Campese
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Douglas
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. O'Donnell

14. Scott
15. Tolman
16. Lewis
17. Lahrs

Vic Mackey

Referee
On a wing and a prayer:

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris

6. Soward
7. Pearce

8. Weyman
9. Kidley (c)
10. Ben Cross
11. Gallen
12. Watmough (who needs another 12 on the field really?)
13. Bird

14. Lewis
15. Snowden
16. Leayrod Lahrs
17. Aiden Tolman/Douglas

why do u hate nsw?

Spot On

Coach
I agree with you Yoshy. If their going to pick Gidley on the bench then his best position in spurts is definitely hooker. If Farah is chosen they could do a lot worse than interchanging him with Gidley. Giving Farah a little time to rest in the big games will serve him well.

sputneek

Juniors
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Chris Lawrence
6. Luke Lewis
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Keith Galloway
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Ben Creagh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Luke Douglas
15. Kade Snowden
16. Greg Bird
17. Todd Carney

hellteam

First Grade
So I've been looking at the Sportingbet market for NSW Game 1 five eight and this is it..

Gidley - $2.10
Bird - $6.50
Barrett - $5.00
Carney - $6.00
Soward - $15.00
Lyon - $21.00
Anasta - $21.00
Mullen - $21.00
Campese - $21.00
Hornby - $34.00
Mortimer - $34.00
Sutton - $51.00
Finch - $101.00

I can't beleive Gidley is the favourite to play 5/8, he doesn't even play that position! Fair enough he has in the past, but he was average at best. Do the bookies know something we don't?

user_nat

Coach
A few of those seem crazy.
Like Bird who has been pretty average and only just come back.
And Carney who isn't even playing 5/8th at the moment at $6 whilst the guy who does play 5/8 at the same club is at $21.

watatank

Coach
I can't beleive Gidley is the favourite to play 5/8, he doesn't even play that position! Fair enough he has in the past, but he was average at best. Do the bookies know something we don't?

The punters would be driving the price down tbh...

I'd probably bet on Gidley if I knew about the betting market earlier and it's not because I want him there...

* All the people in the right places are a fan of Gidley...the selectors and the coaching staff (Bellamy, Johns)

* Gidley was captain last year, I think that even if he was not at fullback he'd start somewhere else and retain the captaincy. Five eighth is the most likely alternative.

* He will most likely play there when he comes back.

* There's no clear standout for five eighth so far...Bellamy wants to look at Carney who is playing fullback.

In saying that, no one has put their hand up for a wing spot yet (other than Morris) so Hayne could be retained on the wing and Gidley stays at fullback.

Yosh

Coach
I'm telling you guys that selectors have a hard on for the Knights. Its undeniable!

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Once again, NSW has a problem in the halves. I'd love it for NSW selectors to pick a "master" and "apprentice" in the halves. But right now all of the "masters" are seriously out of form. Kimmorley and Barrett just won't cut it.

That leaves the possibility of picking Lyon or Gidley arguably out of position in the halves ... or maybe even Lewis. None of those options are terribly appealing.

Then there's Bird. He's not in the best form and 5/8 arguably isn't his best position, but he's experienced.

As an Eels fan I hate to admit it, but even Finch has to come into consideration.

1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. Ferguson
6. Gidley
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Creagh
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Lewis
15. Watmough
16. Leahroyd-Lars
17. Douglas

I desperately wanted to give Hindmarsh a position, but sadly he looks a shadow of his former self right now. I have no doubt he would do a fine job if selected, though.

In terms of Watmough, I think a lot of his mistakes come from him trying too hard for too long ... as an impact player off the bench I think you can get the good with out the bad.

Scott could consider himself unlucky. He would go well in the centres, but Lyon has the more rounded game and gives a goal-kicking option other than Gidley ... one or the other really MUST be selected you'd think.

I'd really like to leave Gidley, Pearce ans Creagh out, but can't justify it at the moment. I'd like more established club combinations too, but there aren't that many to draw on for NSW this year.