What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

petetheileet

First Grade
Galloway should be ahead of those two and Cross but dont think he will make it, id still have Stewart, Perry and Ryles (If he repeats 08 form) ahead of him. Id even rather TLL playing front row! and obviously Poore, Weyman and Douglas

i would be dissapointed and shocked if Galloway was picked

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Galloway should be ahead of those two and Cross but dont think he will make it, id still have Stewart, Perry and Ryles (If he repeats 08 form) ahead of him. Id even rather TLL playing front row! and obviously Poore, Weyman and Douglas

i would be dissapointed and shocked if Galloway was picked

We'll wait and see, but on last years form Galloway would have made the side. To suggest the likes of Perry ahead of him is ludicrous.

watatank

Coach
Galloway may be better than a couple of players who were there last year but that's hardly a basis for selection. Perry and White played, doesn't mean they should've been selected.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I love these threads

The current Australian Backrow of Gallen, Lewis and Hindmarsh with Watmough off the bench is not selected by anyone. Waterhouse and Hoffman next cabs off the rank.

LU biased posters are funny creatures.

eels_fan

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. Lawrence/J Morris
4. Tahu
5. Jennings
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh (C)
12. Watmough
13. Mateo

14. Creagh
15. Waterhouse
16. Galloway
17. Ennis

perverse

Referee
I love these threads

The current Australian Backrow of Gallen, Lewis and Hindmarsh with Watmough off the bench is not selected by anyone. Waterhouse and Hoffman next cabs off the rank.

LU biased posters are funny creatures.
as i was told earlier in the thread, hindmarsh has retired from rep footy (as such i removed him from my team). i'll totally admit bias in my selection of gidley over lewis on the bench. there are so many better options than waterhouse or hoffman, though... whether selected by the australian selectors or not.

Gallen and Watmough absolutely have to be there, no questions asked. Bird has also become another viable option for lock (over the likes of lewis, stewart etc).

but yeah... in general... a lot has changed since the last australian team was picked in terms of origin eligible players for NSW. that, and i wouldn't piss on half our selection panel if it was on fire anyway. easiest job in the world to pick 17 aussies to win at a game of rugby league.

Big Pete

Referee
The 09 Australian Squad was a bit of a joke anyways.

There was no way players like...

Ryan Hoffman
David Shillington
Sam Thaiday
Trent Waterhouse
Brett White

...deserved selection over others.

I even had qualms with the selections of Lewis, Farah and Gidley. However, that's a matter of opinion and I can see why they justified selection.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
as i was told earlier in the thread, hindmarsh has retired from rep footy (as such i removed him from my team). i'll totally admit bias in my selection of gidley over lewis on the bench. there are so many better options than waterhouse or hoffman, though... whether selected by the australian selectors or not.

Gallen and Watmough absolutely have to be there, no questions asked. Bird has also become another viable option for lock (over the likes of lewis, stewart etc).

but yeah... in general... a lot has changed since the last australian team was picked in terms of origin eligible players for NSW. that, and i wouldn't piss on half our selection panel if it was on fire anyway. easiest job in the world to pick 17 aussies to win at a game of rugby league.
Hindmarsh has retired , fair enough.

For me anyway it is too early to call,

Last game for NSW
1. Kurt Gidley (c) 2. Jarryd Hayne 3. Michael Jennings 4. Josh Morris 5. David Williams 6. Trent Barrett 7. Brett Kimmorley 8. Josh Perry 9. Michael Ennis 10. Justin Poore 11. Ben Creagh 12. Trent Waterhouse 13. Anthony Watmough. Int: 14. Craig Wing 15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 16. Glenn Stewart 17. Brett White.

Will these guys be in form?
Will player injuried for game three eg Gallen be included?
Has for example Brett Morris surpassed David Williams (seeing as he played for AUS).

Will a team running at the front get more players?

Far to early.

My only tip is Kade Snowden to make the blues, perhaps not game one, but by game three.

But far to early.

Pazza

First Grade
Aiden Tolman a NSW State of Origin 'bolter'

LITTLE-KNOWN Melbourne prop Aiden Tolman has emerged as a NSW State of Origin bolter after dismantling the Rhinos in a man-of-the-match performance for the Storm.
Blues coach Craig Bellamy will push to have Tolman in his NSW side following his starring role in Melbourne's 2009 premiership campaign and yesterday's World Cup Challenge glory in Leeds.
"He was unlucky not to make the Kangaroos tour last year," a source said. "Don't be surprised if he is playing Origin this year, Craig wants him in the side."
Following the hard-fought victory over Leeds, Bellamy had nothing but praise for the prop.
"Aiden Tolman was nearly our best player tonight," Bellamy said. "He is a small front-rower but very effective. He played 70 minutes and, for a kid who is only 21, that was tremendous."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...of-origin-bolter/story-e6frexnr-1225835794104

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just highlights yet again how qld have it right and nsw have wrong. Say no to club coaches at origin.

Nothing against Tolman.

Just shytes me the bias all club coaches show their players.

No such problem with Mal in QLD.

NSW selectors and admin suck dogs balls.

Noa

First Grade
My modesty prevents me from telling Dutchy and AdamK to stick to the FFB or other non-nrl related forums.

Tolman is on a different level to the other 3 Storm players (who deserved a shot btw).