What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

^2nd row, and he'll be one of the best in the game too.

I like how he roughed up Hayne in the all stars game. Jarryd looked like he was gonna cry. He had the "how dare he tackle me hard" look on his face.

And watatank you're wrong. Dugan is more than good enough.

watatank

Coach
They're certainly comparable stats wise.

So this means that Dugan should be selected?

He's a good player and his time will come but he's not at Hayne's level. Hayne is currently just about NSW's best player available and he should be playing his best position where he can be an influence on the game not wasting away on the wing.

matty119

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. J. Morris
6. Barrett (c)
7. Pearce
8. Poore
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Perry
16. Weyman
17. O'Donnell

Talanexor

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Tahu
5. Lawrence
6. Carney
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Poore
11. Watmough
12. Hindmarsh (c)
13. Bird

14. Lewis
15. Creagh
16. Learoyd-Lars
17. Galloway

Unlucky to miss out:
Jennings
Pearce
Cooper
Soward
Ryles
Douglas
Snowden
Waterhouse
Gallen

• Carney is the most promising young playmaker - he needs to be 5/8
  • Kimmorley is getting on, but he's experienced. Need a cool head in the halves
  • Hindmarsh is there because NSW need a captain and a leader who remembers what it was like to win a series
  • Lewis is there because he can play any position bar prop, and can play in the backrow if there are no injuries
As a QLDer, here is the side I'd like you to pick:

1. Gidley (c)
2. Turner
3. Lyon
4. Monaghan
5. D Williams
6. Anasta
7. Finch
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. White
11. Mason
12. Hoffman
13. Gallen - the penalty magnet

14. J Morris
15. Tupou
16. Perry
17. G Stewart

Last edited:
I think NSW need to develop a Different way to place the team, If that means Naming Hayne on the wing and letting him take kick returns from a FB position and both he and Gidley push up in attack that gives 4 solid ball players in attack. I think it could work.

Bman26

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Tahu
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. G. Stewart
15. Lewis
16. Poore
17. Tolman

No real stand out captain. Maybe Pearce, he's the future for NSW in the halves but it could be a bit much. Gallen maybe =\

Last edited:
I find it amusing that people are rubbishing someone for suggesting Dugan (who is comparable statswise with Hayne) yet are barracking for Bird and Gidley to be selected, the first has done sfa since coming back and the second hasn't even played a game this year (not to mention the fact he sucked balls in last years series.)

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Josh Morris
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Bailey (c)
11. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke Lewis

14. Todd Carney
15. Justin Poore
16. Luke Douglas
17. Luke O'Donnell

The way I figure it, having impact on the bench is no good considering by the time they get on the field the scoreboard already reads in queenslands favour, let the boppers like Learoyd Lahrs, Watmough and Weyman make their impact from the get go and set a platform for guys like Poore and Douglas to continue with

MacDougall

First Grade
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Eric Grothe
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Justin Poore
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Luke Lewis
15. Matt Prior
16. Keith Galloway
17. Jamie Soward

adamkungl

Immortal
1. Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Minichiello
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Bailey (c)
11. Watmough
12. Creagh, even though he's a f**king fairy
13. Bird

14. Lewis
15. Galloway
16. O'Donnell
17. Gallen

Fui!!!

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Morris
6. Mullen
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh (c)
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Watmough
16. Galloway
17. Rose

Last edited:

petetheileet

First Grade
This talk of Hindmarsh as captian is a f**king joke and symbolises the major problem with NSW over the past 5 years.

Pick the best young team and stick with them FFS!!!!! enstill them with the confidence that they are there because they are the best and in two or three years they should be killing it!!!!

There would be 10 back rowers better than Hindmarsh, the speed would be too quick for him

he is old and slowing and if he is picked as captain, where is the next captain gna come from in a year or two's time???

FFS if we started building for the future 5 years ago we would have won a cpl of the last series.

IMO pick this team and stick with it!!! if this team is together for 3 years and feel confident and safe that if they aren't a good bloke/Media honey and drop a ball or two they will be out of contention for 5 years!!!

1. Hayne*
2. B Morris*
3. Morris
4. Lawrence (second best chance at Stopping Inglis after Cooper)
5. Some big kid who can run like the wind and tackle (maybe Goodwin???)
6. Soward/Carney
7. Pearce
8. Weyman*
9. Farah*
10. Poore
11. Gallen
12. Creagh*
13. Watmough*

14. Lewis*
15. O'Donnell
16. Leroyd Lars
17. Douglas

* = Certainties

If that is the team i would give the captaincy to Farah

Big Time

Juniors
Hayne
B Morris
Cooper
Jennings
J Morris/Lawrence
Carney
Pearce
Weyman
Ennis
Poore
Creagh
Hindmarsh (c)
O'Donnell

Watmough
Lewis
Learoyd Lahrs
Douglas/Gallen

Seen that there is a call for Hindmarsh to be captain. He is ready made for the job and what Origin is all about. We pick too many players who want to play pretty, and pretty doesn't win Origin.

adamkungl

Immortal
I thought Hindmarsh had retired from reps, apparently he hasn't.
I'd have him in my side as captain.
fairyCreagh to bench, Gallen to Cronulla

Big Time

Juniors
This talk of Hindmarsh as captian is a f**king joke and symbolises the major problem with NSW over the past 5 years.

Pick the best young team and stick with them FFS!!!!! enstill them with the confidence that they are there because they are the best and in two or three years they should be killing it!!!!

There would be 10 back rowers better than Hindmarsh, the speed would be too quick for him

he is old and slowing and if he is picked as captain, where is the next captain gna come from in a year or two's time???

FFS if we started building for the future 5 years ago we would have won a cpl of the last series.

IMO pick this team and stick with it!!! if this team is together for 3 years and feel confident and safe that if they aren't a good bloke/Media honey and drop a ball or two they will be out of contention for 5 years!!!

If that is the team i would give the captaincy to Farah

You are a joke. Hindmarsh is exactly what Origin is about. I bet if you asked most players in Origin side if they want Hindy there and Hindy leading them, I bet that they would all want it. After the way Ennis played in last game last year, Farah won't be in the side. You can build a young side but you need some old heads around them. Hindmarsh could play Origin for next two years, have Pearce as Half, then maybe in two years time Pearce will be ready. NSW have to win this series, so they need to pick a side that will win. That means having blokes like Cooper, O'Donnel and Hindmarsh inside, then building side around them.

adamkungl

Immortal
You are a joke. Hindmarsh is exactly what Origin is about. I bet if you asked most players in Origin side if they want Hindy there and Hindy leading them, I bet that they would all want it. After the way Ennis played in last game last year, Farah won't be in the side. You can build a young side but you need some old heads around them. Hindmarsh could play Origin for next two years, have Pearce as Half, then maybe in two years time Pearce will be ready. NSW have to win this series, so they need to pick a side that will win. That means having blokes like Cooper, O'Donnel and Hindmarsh inside, then building side around them.

Exactly. Last year picking some old heads in game 3 was the best thing NSW did.

If they're in decent form, I would have Hindmarsh, O'Donnell, Minichiello, and maybe Cooper.

petetheileet

First Grade
The hypocritical thing is the captaincy issue for Parra

people talking about Parra are saying Cayless really shouldnt be captain cause he should be benched.

Yes he should be benched because there are many better options.

Why keep a worse option just because they are captain

in essence that is what people are planning to do with Hindmarsh...

Putting in a lesser player, just to make him captain

I ROFL at the idea and will spew if Hindmarsh gets selected and is captain!!!

Our strongest area and most depth is in the back row.

there would be 10 guys with at least 5 years left in them who are better option.