What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Tahu
4. Jennings
5. J. Morris
6. Gidley
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. White
11. O'Donnell
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Carney
15. Leyrod-Lars/Poore/Stuart
16. Norrie
17. Watmough

maple_69

Bench
Lewis was picked in 95% of the 'Team of the Year's" over on NRL at lock. After leading Dally M's at lock until injury last year, representing NSW and Australia in the second row along with being one of the Top 5 form players of the year, how you can you possibly overlook him.

He is hurt by his utility. Yes he used to be a winger, centre, five eigth, but he is, in his own right, the best lock in the game right now.

I'd go
1. Gidley
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Bird
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Creagh
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Stewart
15. Poore
16. Watmough
17. Tolman

We have Gidley, Bird, Hayne and Lewis in the starting side who can cover multiple positions if necessary. We need fresh legs to take it to the QLD pack so I've gone with 2 props and 2 second rowers on the bench.
Need some spark, Hayne to fullback, Gidley hooker, Lewis centre, Stewart/Gallen lock.

MacDougall

First Grade
This sounds like the conversation that occured on LU during a dream I had that ended in my premature death. Take from that what you will.

ByRd

First Grade
Mason would be perfect off the bench. Offers experience, good form, impact and quality offloads.
Well there are people picking Poore but Masons form is way ahead right now and he knows what it takes and i dont care what people think of him, he is passionate and is a big talker on the field.

Mason is in great form. He's been just about the Cows best forward along with Bolton and Scott. Off the bench, he's second to none in providing impact for that Prop/2nd Row hybrid role. If he keeps this form up, he's a proven success and leader at the origin level and will provide some valuable experience.

RABK

Referee
There's a few certainties we have to get our heads around.

Hayne will be fullback.

B Morris has one wing.

J Morris will be one centre.

Weyman will be one prop but the other deserving contenders like Galloway, Douglas, Snowden, Tolman will probably be overlooked for the likes of White, Perry, Kite, Mason, Bailey etc

Watmough was the best player on the park by a mile in game 3 last year and as such is the first forward picked in a starting role. Whether that means Lewis is benched or Creagh is benched to accommodate the Gallen and Watmough pairing to start i don't know - but Luke Lewis will play!

RABK

Referee
Rothfield and the Tele would march on George St for days If Hayne ain't at 1!

Gidley, like Farah, is a proven Origin failure. Some players just don't have the same level of play at this intensity.

Ennis thrives on it, Hayne will excel in it.

ttrrific

Juniors
1 Fullback Jarryd Hayne
2 Wing
3 Centre Jamie Lyon©
4 Centre Josh Morris
5 Wing Brett Morris
6 Five Eight Todd Carney
7 Half Back Mitchell Peirce
8 Prop Mick Weyman
9 Hooker Michael Ennis
10 Prop Keith Galloway
11 Second Row Anthony Watmough
12 Second Row Ben Creagh
13 Lock Paul Gallen
14 Interchange KurtGidley
15 Interchange Greg Bird
16 Interchange Brett White /JoshPerry
17 Interchange Aiden Tolman
18 18th Man Luke Lewis
Still unsure who should play on that wing!! but i think that this side would beat QLD

2. Burt
3. Lawrence

Can't see why you'd pick (and much less give (c) to) a player who can't ever seem to decide if he can be bothered playing. Burt's a better goalkicker and Lawrence is a better centre than Lyon (even though Lawrence is a left centre, ffs as if this matters with good players), has quality attack and is a stronger defender than any other candidate to police Inglis. As many have said I think Lewis has to be in there somewhere, be good to see him ahead of Gidley.

abpanther

Staff member
To me, the only certainties at the moment are Hayne (wing or fullback), Morris twins, Watmough and Weyman

adamkungl

Immortal
I hardly think Josh Morris is a certainty. I'd have Lawrence, Jennings, and even Cooper all before him.