What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW player ratings game 1

2010Dragons

Bench
Dugan 6/10 Solid but not great. Hayne should have retained this spot.
Morris 2/10 How many chances can he get? He can add to his NSW highlight reel of dropped balls and short hitups with the try he gifted Yow Yeh with bows.
Gasnier 2/10 Meant to be experienced. F off we don't need you.
Jennings 9/10 Looked dangerous with every touch and justified his selection.
Uate 8/10 Took everything QLD threw at him and ran it back solidly.
Soward 4/10 Had all his Dragons buddies with him and still did SFA :lol: keep him so we can see how worse he'll be without them.
Pearce 8/10 Had to do all the halves work and defence. Scored the try that brought NSW back into the game. Looked dangerous on his side all night.
King 1/10 Obvious.
Ennis 6/10 Farah should be here but at least Ennis is better than the imposter who played hooker in the first 20.
Snowden 5/10 Not great but should get another shot.
Scott 3/10 What does he offer? No defence, no attack. Just a babysitter for Sowie.
Bird 8/10 Played with passion and set up the try for Pearce. Troubling the defence all night.
Gallen 8/10 Led by example. Cut the penalties out of his game and did the work of 3 players (too bad we were alright minus 7)

Mannah 5/10 Still young and deserves to have another shot.
Young, Creagh, Merrin 1/10 - the invisibles.

Its all about expectations. You were expecting the Dragons players to play like the play in their own club with the best coach.

I expected Pearce to throw a forward pass like he always does for the Roosters. 10/10 :sarcasm:
I expected Pearce to hog all the kicks & kick the ball straight to the QLD backs ( remember the Grand FINAL, did the same kicks ) 10/10
I expected Pearce to throw stupid hospital passes and he did (you did watch the game while you were pleasuring the bondi boys under the table right?) 10/10
This is why I rate Pearce 10/10 I expected his crap preformance. :D
He did some good tackles and backed up bird who set up his try.
For his part in this play his overall rating goes up to 11/10
For riding on his dad name overall rating goes up to 12/10:sarcasm:
Oh heck just put the whole Chooks team and and we can all watch the comedy cappers:sarcasm:

Its all about expectations. You were expecting the Dragons players to play like the play in their own club with the best coach.

I expected Pearce to throw a forward pass like he always does for the Roosters. 10/10 :sarcasm:
I expected Pearce to hog all the kicks & kick the ball straight to the QLD backs ( remember the Grand FINAL, did the same kicks ) 10/10
I expected Pearce to throw stupid hospital passes and he did (you did watch the game while you were pleasuring the bondi boys under the table right?) 10/10
This is why I rate Pearce 10/10 I expected his crap preformance. :D
He did some good tackles and backed up bird who set up his try.
For his part in this play his overall rating goes up to 11/10
For riding on his dad name overall rating goes up to 12/10:sarcasm:
Oh heck just put the whole Chooks team and and we can all watch the comedy cappers:sarcasm:

No, I was expecting them to choke without daddy holding their hand and that's exactly what they did. Don't give me this bs the evidence is right there in the game and stats.

2010Dragons

Bench
No, I was expecting them to choke without daddy holding their hand and that's exactly what they did. Don't give me this bs the evidence is right there in the game and stats.

So now your saying that Sticky didn't coach them the right way...so you are blaming the coach and want Bennett to coach the NSW Blues Dragons as well as the NRL dragons?

You are a very clever...come and support a real team...you know you want to.... come out of the cupboard and admit it.
Come on come out
Come on come out
Come on come out
Come on come out
Be a man stop following soft c**ks.

So now your saying that Sticky didn't coach them the right way...so you are blaming the coach and want Bennett to coach the NSW Blues Dragons as well as the NRL dragons?

You are a very clever...come and support a real team...you know you want to.... come out of the cupboard and admit it.
Come on come out
Come on come out
Come on come out
Come on come out
Be a man stop following soft c**ks.

What I want is for nuffies like merge players to NOT be selected.
Hayne > Morris
Idris > Gasnier
Carney > Soward
Lewis > Scott
Gidley > Young
Tolman > Merrin
Watmough > Creagh

And everyone knows it.

2010Dragons

Bench
Hayne > Morris
Idris > Gasnier
Carney > Soward
Lewis > Scott
Gidley > Young
Tolman > Merrin
Watmough > Creagh

And everyone knows it.

I will be the first to agree with you put all these players in take out all the Dragons players. I would rather the DRAGONS win another Priemership than play a BS SOO game. Means nothing to me.

whall15

Coach
Dugan 5
Morris 4
Gasnier 5
Jennings 8
Uate 7
Soward 5
Pearce 6
King 0
Young 4
Snowden 6
Scott 7
Bird 8
Gallen 8

Merrin 5
Mannah 6
Creagh 5
Ennis 6

Hayne > Morris
Idris > Gasnier
Carney > Soward
Lewis > Scott
Gidley > Young
Tolman > Merrin
Watmough > Creagh

And everyone knows it.

lol obviously still sour over the GF loss your kidding yourself you must be a spastic to think Idris should be put in over Gaz... Maybe Morris and Young out at best

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
C.Smith - 11 runs for 71 metres in 80 mins
M.Ennis - 1 run for 4 metres in 54 mins
D.Young - 2 runs for 15 metres in 36 mins

Because there was little go forward from dummy half, the forwards struggled to get any momentum, which is why QLD were able to camp in NSW half for long periods.

Ennis has to run from dummy half, all he did was pass the ball to the first receiver and pressure the kickers occasionally.

Any hooker in the NRL and NYC can do that. How anyone can say he had a better than pointless game is beyond me

isaiah

Bench
I can't believe people are rating Soward so poorly. He was basically playing first receiver for large patches of the game while Pearce went missing.

King needs to be dropped. Merrin will probably play Origin again one day, but right now there are better options in Learoyd Lars, Galloway and Douglas. Young was out of his depth.

Dugan - 7/10 - He was in position to get to his catches, unlike Hayne would've been
Uate - 7/10 - Big future
Gasnier - 6/10 - poor game by his standards, but he was up against Tonga and Boyd
Jennings - 7.5/10 - good player, but makes too many basic mistakes
Morris - 2/10 - Anything he can do, Hayne can do better
Soward - 7/10
Pearce - 5/10 - went missing for large chunks of the game
King - 0/10 - absolutely worthless selection
Young - 4/10
Snowden - 6/10
Scott - 8/10 - looks a LOT better in the backrow than at centre
Bird - 8/10
Gallen - 7/10 - captains should not have brainsnaps like that

Ennis - 6.5/10 - Farah is better, it's so bleedingly obvious
Creagh - 5/10 - Anything Creagh can do, Lewis can do better
Merrin - 4/10
Mannah - 7/10

OUT: Morris, King, Young, Ennis, Creagh, Merrin
IN: Hayne, Galloway, Gidley, Farah, Lewis, Learoyd-Lars

dont think they will make 6 changes, so you will go down 2-0. especially if inglis gets fit. oh well, they can build for the future, lol

jamoss

Juniors
Jennings had a good game but its not really like he's capable of that every game.. i saw his comments about how he proved everyone wrong, i reckon you gotta do it over and over many times before you prove anyone wrong.. Everyone has an above average performance once in a while and he got lucky i think (even though he still dropped that ball close to the line which is his primary weakness, poor ball security)..

Even though Brett Morris didnt have his best game id still pick him in my team before Jennings with future selections..

Jennings had a good game but its not really like he's capable of that every game.. i saw his comments about how he proved everyone wrong, i reckon you gotta do it over and over many times before you prove anyone wrong.. Everyone has an above average performance once in a while and he got lucky i think (even though he still dropped that ball close to the line which is his primary weakness, poor ball security)..

Even though Brett Morris didnt have his best game id still pick him in my team before Jennings with future selections..

Why would you pick Brett Morris over Jennings? What has he ever done at this level?

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
C.Smith - 11 runs for 71 metres in 80 mins
M.Ennis - 1 run for 4 metres in 54 mins
D.Young - 2 runs for 15 metres in 36 mins

With regard to Young, the fact QLD had all the ball early on means nothing?
Your comparison is ridiculous.

Red Bear

Referee
When playing rep footy you have to looking for the ball, which Soward didnt do for the first 20 minutes or so

They should keep the combo for game II, hard to judge the halves when the props get as dominated as they did.

Greg Bird is the best origin player we have. Holds back on the grubbier aspects of his game (compared with, say, Ennis) but runs hard all day, makes alot of metres and has some good ball play in him.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Dugan 6.5 - Good debut and under the high-ball. Was solid without being spectacular. Expected no more from a fresh-blood. One mistake which was forgivable and still looked dangerous.

Morris 4 - Still yet to fully prove himself. As a Dragons supporter It was disappointing in his crucial try-defense error.

Gasnier 5 - His mind was not on Origin. I know that. Got slammed by Boyd all night. Defense was there though.

Jennings 8 - Doubted his selection at first- Proved me wrong. Few line breaks and a great try by him. Good option for a left center.

Uate 7 - This guy is made for Origin. Every time he had the ball he looked dangerous and if he hits the accelerator QLD will be in trouble. Gaz did make the opportunity though unfortunately.

Soward 6- Same as Dugan. Solid without being spectacular. Did not see much of the ball but can't comment. His kicking game was good but he should have seen it more. Pearce took the opportunity but that's between them.

Pearce 6 - Good defense, good attack, good try, average kicking should have given to Soward. Starting to step-up and have confidence in his game. Slipped out of the game for a few minutes in the first half.

King 0 - Was he even on the field?

Young 5 - Good defense. Average attack. Not much more to say. Stopped a try in the 1st half.

Snowden 6 - Average game, average play.

Scott 7 - Good game by him worked his a$$ off.

Bird 8 - This guy is made for Origin played well and got a few good hits in.

Gallen 8 - His blowout was not Captain material but a great player. A definite SOO player but should not be captain. He needs to run riot without being leader. I gotta respect this guy.

Merrin 5 - Can't such much. Minimal game time.

Mannah 6 - You could tell when this guy was on the field. Great game from the bench.

Creagh 5 - Can't say much really.

Ennis 6 - A few silly mistakes. Not terrible though.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Dugan - 6.5/10 Thought he was solid in defence, but would have liked to see a little more from him in attack. Also made a pretty costly f**kup.
Uate - 8/10 - Great performance looked really threatening with the ball in hand, can't wait to see more of him.
Gasnier - 4/10 There was the odd time in the match when I saw him with the ball in hand and thought there's a reason this guy has to be there but then
Jennings - 8.5/10
Morris - 2/10 - He didn't have too many oportunities and he wasn't completely shit, but that f**k up was unforgivable.
Soward - 5/10 - Was way too predictable, his kicking game was really off and he needed to get more involved. He didn't get exposed in defense which is what I was expecting.
Pearce - 6/10 - I was critical of his selection but he saved NSW arse on a few occasions and really stood up. His kicking game was probably worse than even Soward's.
King - 0/10 - Offered nothing, softest forward to play origin in my lifetime. Absolutely useless.
Young: 4/10 his service from dummy half was awful and he didn't really have any impact.
Snowden - 4/10 Didn't do much at all for NSW
Scott - 7/10 - Played fairly well.
Bird - 9/10 - I would probably rate him as NSW best, phenomenal defender and excellent in attack.
Gallen - 7/10 - Thought he was a little quite and that brainsnap was disappointing. But he still had a very strong game.

Ennis - 5/10 - He put a lot of pressure on the Queensland kickers, and his defence made a difference, but his service from dummy half wasn't much better than Young's
Creagh - 4/10 How does this guy play for Australia?
Merrin - Didn't really notice him enough to give him a score.
Mannah - 6/10 - Wasn't too bad, that said the other NSW props were that terrible that in comparrisson he looked that much better.[/QUOTE]

Wally21

Bench
Dugan 6.5 - Good debut and under the high-ball. Was solid without being spectacular. Expected no more from a fresh-blood. One mistake which was forgivable and still looked dangerous.

Morris 4 - Still yet to fully prove himself. As a Dragons supporter It was disappointing in his crucial try-defense error.

Gasnier 5 - His mind was not on Origin. I know that. Got slammed by Boyd all night. Defense was there though.

Jennings 8 - Doubted his selection at first- Proved me wrong. Few line breaks and a great try by him. Good option for a left center.

Uate 7 - This guy is made for Origin. Every time he had the ball he looked dangerous and if he hits the accelerator QLD will be in trouble. Gaz did make the opportunity though unfortunately.

Soward 6- Same as Dugan. Solid without being spectacular. Did not see much of the ball but can't comment. His kicking game was good but he should have seen it more. Pearce took the opportunity but that's between them.

Pearce 6 - Good defense, good attack, good try, average kicking should have given to Soward. Starting to step-up and have confidence in his game. Slipped out of the game for a few minutes in the first half.

King 0 - Was he even on the field?

Young 5 - Good defense. Average attack. Not much more to say. Stopped a try in the 1st half.

Snowden 6 - Average game, average play.

Scott 7 - Good game by him worked his a$$ off.

Bird 8 - This guy is made for Origin played well and got a few good hits in.

Gallen 8 - His blowout was not Captain material but a great player. A definite SOO player but should not be captain. He needs to run riot without being leader. I gotta respect this guy.

Merrin 5 - Can't such much. Minimal game time.

Mannah 6 - You could tell when this guy was on the field. Great game from the bench.

Creagh 5 - Can't say much really.

Ennis 6 - A few silly mistakes. Not terrible though.

I think you have been very balanced in your ratings here Dragon 2010, the only disagreement I have is Morris. You have been generous.

I hope Stuart isn't the pigheaded fool he has proven to be time and time again and makes a few crucial changes. Hmmm, but he won't make changes, just because he would be admitting he is wrong, which he would never do. His rating 1 out of 10 for his absolutely garbage use of the bench.

I hope Hayne replaces Morris. Sorry, I like Morris but he doesn't get involved enough.
I hope King realises how catastrophically bad he is and retires from all forms of football. I would replace him with anybody else. Hell, I would put my dear old mum in the front row before King.
And as much as I like Young for his ticker, Luke Lewis should come off the bench and Ennis start, even though he is a grub and I can't stand him and find it hard to support him even in a blue jersey

Chook Norris

First Grade
\ Please, tell me what part of that try was due to our right-edge defence of Soward, Scott, Gasnier and Uate ....

Ill start off by saying Beau Scott had a very good game.. but that was more of his fault than Gallens imo. If he hadnt rushed out of the line to belt Lockyer there wouldnt have been a yawning gap