What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

KHunt

Juniors
1. Gidley (c)
2. Monaghan
3. Inglis
4. Folau
5. Best
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Bailey
11. Laffranchi
12. G. Stewart
13. Mateo

14. Heighington
15. Galloway
16. Douglas
17. Wing/Ennis

typicalfan

Coach
1. Gidley
2. Best
3. Cooper
4. Monaghan
5. Idris
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Bailey
11. Hindmarsh
12. Laffranchi
13. Gallen

14. Cross
15. Perry
16. Creagh/Waterhouse
17. Mateo/Sutton/Lewis/Wing

Dazzat

First Grade
The problem with the NSW selectors for some years ... they've listen to Gus Gould when they should have been looking at performances on the park.

The other problem you have is NSW have so many players of similar ability. Queensland selections are pretty clear cut.

hardbaby

Coach
1 Gidley
2 Hayne
3 Cooper
4 Lawrence
5 Monaghan
6 Campese
7 Wallace
8 Bailey
9 Farah
10 Kite
11 Stewart
12 Gallen
13 Mateo

14 Creagh
15 Douglas
16 Perry
17 Ennis

Brent Kite, Josh Perry, Ben Cross, Luke Douglas, Kade Snowden, Justin Poore, Jason King

Michael Ennis, Isaac De Gois, Craig Wing

Anthony Watmough, Steve Simpson, Ryan Hoffman, Cory Paterson, Ben Creagh, Glenn Stewart, Mark Minichiello

slotmachine

First Grade
1. Gidley (c)
2. Best
3. Cooper
4. Monaghan
5. Hayne
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Ennis / Farah
10. Bailey
11. Hindmarsh
12. Laffranchi
13. Gallen

14. Weyman
15. Douglas
16. Waterhouse \ Fitzgibbon
17. Utitlity (Mateo\Sutton\Wing\(Ennis\Farah))

typicalfan

Coach
The problem with the NSW selectors for some years ... they've listen to Gus Gould when they should have been looking at performances on the park.

The other problem you have is NSW have so many players of similar ability. Queensland selections are pretty clear cut.

Yes that is a problem, and to address that issue in part you need to know what you want in your 17. Its not just about picking the best 17 players but picking players that compliment each other. With my side I chose 3 80 minute backrowers so I have more front row rotation, so then I can pick guys like Perry and Cross who can be effective in short spells. It also allows me to have a good ballrunning backrower on the bench as well and give them shorter more effective spells and I feel the 2 best this year so far are Creagh and Waterhouse at line running.

The 17 is a utility but I would prefer a utility that can play in the forwards and the backs. So Mateo, Sutton, Lewis are the first choices. I would back Farah to play 80 minutes.

Panthers888

Juniors
1. Kurt Gidley
2. Colin Best
3. Matt Cooper
4. Joel Monaghan
5. Michael Gordon
6. Terry Campese
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Luke Douglas
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Bailey
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. Michael Weyman
15. Luke O'Donnell
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. John Sutton

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Michael Jennings continues to push for selection in the centres.

Luke Lewis is playing unbelievable at the moment also and wont look out of place somewhere in the 17.

nqcowboy87

Bench
from a queenslanders point of view i say nsw selectors should seriously consider going with shannon mcdonnell and jarryd hayne in the halves:lol::lol:

but seriously if nsw have any hope of winning it must be

6-campese
playing out of his skin

7-wallace
good solid halfback, great defender and able to play outside a dominant 6 (lockyer) as gould mentioned on the roast and campese is definetly in that category

also the bench should have two props im not sure who weymans standing up but i would go with bailey and poore but the other two spots must be

16-sutton
deserves a spot and can cover halves, backrow and even centre

17-hornby/kidley
depending on who they pick as starting fullback. in origin you need a bench player who can cover a variety of positions admirably but can also slot into the halves if need be

Tom155

Coach
1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Monaghan
6. Campese
7. Mullen
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Bailey
11. Hindmarsh
12. Laffranchi
13. Gallen

14. Creagh
15. Weyman
16. Douglas
17. Ennis

Matt23

Staff member
1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Cooper
4. Monaghan
5. Lawrence
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Bailey
11. Creagh
12. Laffranchi
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. Heighington
16. Weyman.
17. Galloway

League Legend

Juniors
I am a QLD supporter so my opinion on the NSW team doesn't mean a thing, but here is a line up for you true blues supporters to bag me out over.

1. Stewart
2. Monaghan
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Lawrence
6. Anasta
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farrar
10. Kite
11. Poore
12. Creagh
13. Mateo / Sutton - Can't decide.

14. Gidley
15. Shackleton
16. Topou
17. Lahrs

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Galloway, while i hate the red headed ranga, is on fire and is one of the form props. Put him on the bench.
Has some aggression too.

mongoose

Coach
I am a QLD supporter so my opinion on the NSW team doesn't mean a thing, but here is a line up for you true blues supporters to bag me out over.

1. Stewart
2. Monaghan
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Lawrence
6. Anasta
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farrar
10. Kite
11. Poore
12. Creagh
13. Mateo / Sutton - Can't decide.

14. Gidley
15. Shackleton
16. Topou
17. Lahrs

Would love to see Learoyd Lahrs in the sky blue. Now here is a player that could turn a game on its head if he wanted to.

jh96

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Williams
6. Campese
7. Mullen
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Bailey
11. Hindmarsh
12. Laffranchi
13. Mateo

14. Gidley
15. O'Donnell
16. Heighington
17. Lewis
18. Sutton

mxlegend99

Referee
Michael Jennings continues to push for selection in the centres.

Luke Lewis is playing unbelievable at the moment also and wont look out of place somewhere in the 17.
If any Panthers player is picked, it has to be Luke Lewis. He is in amazing form at the moment, and can cover nearly any position and do a great job. He is also a very strong defender and has some mongrel in him.

He should be picked as our utility. I'd be using him in the backrow unless we need him elsewhere for some reason.

Latest posts