What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

God-King Dean

Immortal
1. Stewie
2. Hayne
3. Cooper
4. Monaghan
5. Williams

6. Campese
7. Barrett

8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Bailey
11. Laffranchi
12. Stewart
13. O'Donnell

14. O'Meley
15. Creagh
16. Tupou (I think he'll finally step up to the plate)
17. Gidley (Ennis should be there but Gidley will make it cuz he can play anywhere)

*EDIT* Completely forgot about O'Meley

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
I agree with you God-King Dean i'd put Barrett at halfback. Every time he plays there he causes us so much trouble. Even when he's at five eight he's always dangerous. I'd feel much more threatened if he was in the team then someone like Campese or Mullen (haha)

saint-colesy

Juniors
Stewart
Hayne
Monaghan
Cooper
Williams
Campese
Wallace
Kite
Farah
O'Meley
Laffranch
Stewart
Gallen

Perry
Watmough
Creagh
Gidley

mongoose

Coach
Campese is NRL standard, nothing more. I really dont get the toss-fest over him.

we will wait and see i guess but if he shows some good form at the start of the year he has to be picked.

Can't beleive no one wants to give orford a shot either. What does this guy have to do?

I don't get the big toss fest over wallace to be honest. He performed well last season under the guidance and encouragement of bennet and a great backline running off him. He's nothing special imo.

Last edited:

lizziebra

Juniors
1. B.Stewart
2. J.Hayne
3. J.Monaghan
4. M.Cooper
5. D.Williams
6. T.Campese
7. T.Barrett or P.Wallace
8. B.Kite
9. R.Farah
10. B.Cross
11. A.Laffranchi
12. G.Stewart
13. P. Gallen

14. K. Gidley
15. W. Mason
16. A. Tupou
17. J. Perry

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
This would be a far more effective team;

1. B.Stewart
2. N. Merritt
3. J.Monaghan
4. M.Cooper
5. D.Williams
6. T.Campese/Anasta
7. B. Finch
8. B.Kite
9. R.Farah/M. Ennis
10. J. Perry
11. A.Laffranchi
12. G.Stewart
13. P. Gallen

14. K. Gidley
15. J. Sutton
16. A. Tupou
17. J. Poore

This would be a far more effective team;

1. B.Stewart
2. N. Merritt
3. J.Monaghan
4. M.Cooper
5. D.Williams
6. T.Campese/Anasta
7. B. Finch
8. B.Kite
9. R.Farah/M. Ennis
10. J. Perry
11. A.Laffranchi
12. G.Stewart
13. P. Gallen

14. K. Gidley
15. J. Sutton
16. A. Tupou
17. J. Poore
Merritt does not merit selection.Hayne or Robertson.Finch ffs:lol:.Needs some Watmough as well.

ByRd

First Grade
You know whats funny, i dont like the guy but he made a good point, Sonny wanted to play origin but was not allowed cause he was a Kiwi but now Hayne can play for Fiji and then back into NSW and possibly in the future Jennings, Mateo etc. i dont get the difference and you wonder why this stuff comes up every year, im just curious.

Campese is NRL standard, nothing more. I really dont get the toss-fest over him.

He's a better choice than Bird thats for sure.....

As for the NRL standard...would he be in the australian squad if he were only NRL standard?

I still cant see how Gallen deserves any of the rep jumpers he gets, did nothing in origin and has done sweet f**k all in the world cup...useless as tits on a bull.

Raider_69

Post Whore
1. Stewart
2. Williams
3. Cooper
4. Monaghan
5. Hayne
6. Campese
7. Orford
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Cross
11. Laffrachi
12. Watmough
13. Stewart

14. Mateo
15. Mason
16. Perry
17. Paterson/Picker/Creagh- who ever is in better form at the time

Joker's Wild

Coach
As for the NRL standard...would he be in the australian squad if he were only NRL standard?

Of course your right, the Aust selectors would never make such a silly mistake like picking players who really arnt up to the standard :roll:

Look, its just my opinion but I dont think he is a standout player and talking him up for Origin seems to only be coming from Raiders supporters.

Of course your right, the Aust selectors would never make such a silly mistake like picking players who really arnt up to the standard :roll:

Look, its just my opinion but I dont think he is a standout player and talking him up for Origin seems to only be coming from Raiders supporters.

Didnt see too many of our games in the back end of the season then I gather?

Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion, but fair dinkum its not like there's much choice, and given his form at the back end of last year I can't see him not being in the team somewhere

orochimaru

Juniors
1. B Stewart
2. J Hayne
3. J Monaghan
4. Matt Cooper
5. A. Uate
6. J. Mullen
7. T. Barret
8. B. Kite
9. K. Gidley
10. J. Perry