What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

icewind

Juniors
pffft. that was blown all out of proportion. yeh it was a good hit, but it needed to be after Webb's brain explosion.

nqcowboy87

Bench
cause we suck remember? half the people on this forum tipped us for the spoon ,now there tipping farah for origin :roll:

and in the past 10 years we have never finished last yet our total number of origin players is 3
terry hill (dont remember what year it was)
Scott Prince (2006)
Brett Hodgson(2006)

1. Brett Stewert
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. David Williams
6. Therry Campese
7. Matt Orford
8. Josh Perry
9. Robbie Farah
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthonyy Laffranchi
12. Glen Stewert
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Anthony Tupou
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Ben Cross

hes in th process of becoming officially exempt from origin football, as in hes filled out the papers

lifesgood

Juniors
1 stewart
2 hayne
3 cooper
4 monaghan
5 williams
6 barret/anasta
7 wallace/pearce
8 cross
9 farah
10 kite
11 laffranchi
12 stewart
13gallen

14gidley
15maitua
16tupou
17mason

Last edited:

jets75

Juniors
1 stewart
2 hayne
3 monaghan
4 cooper
5 williams/quinn
6 campese/ anasta/mateo
7 pearce/wallace
8 cross
9 farah
10 kite
11 heighington
12 gallen
13 G stewart

14 gidley
15 laffranchi
16 watmough
17perry/fitzgibbon

petetheileet

First Grade
IMO

Cooper, Laffranchi and Kite and possibly Hayne are the only blokes who have their starting position wrapped up

If Creagh doesn't get a blues jersey this year ppl should start getting shot!!!!

Scottey

Juniors
1 - Stewart
2 - Williams
3 - Jennings
4 - Cooper
5 - Hayne
6 - Campese
7 - Wallace
8 - Kite
9 - Farah
10 - Bailey
11 - Hindmarsh!
12 - Laffranchi
13 - Gallen

14 - Gidley
15 - Cross
16 - Mason
17 - Mateo

nqcowboy87

Bench
i dont know as a queenslander why im helpiung the blues but if nsw want any chaqnce of winning the series next year this is the lineup they should go with.

Brett Stewart-pace, pace and more pace, safe as a bank as well.
Jarryd Hayne-has skill and will be picked on the wing, if anderson persist with him at 6 it will be a similiar case to gi, masqerading at five eigth at club level and reverting to a more suitable position at soo level
Joel Monaghan- He should be there, the ginger ninja deserves to be there
Matt Cooper- experinece and look for his game to lift under bennett
David Williams- i always thought he was overated and was just riding on the success of his beard but his form for australia was pretty good, as long as he gets involved and is given good service by his inside men he will play well
Terry Campese- excellent ball-player, good defence nsw needs a 6 and in campo theyve got one
Peter Wallace- a toss up between pearce and wallace, but i think with another year under his belt and working alongside lockyer he would be a good pick, also probably more defensively sound than pearce
Brent Kite- Dally M medallist, nsw need him
Robbie Farah- has been biding his time long enough, i remeber some people were calling for him for the third soo match in 05 as a bench player, he is crafty and also a tough battler, mick ennis ahs only really burst onto the scene in the last year so i went with farah who has been the tigers best since 05
Luke Bailey- has done the job for nsw in the past and has been playing solidly for gc
Glenn Stewart-this guy excels in both attack and defence.
Anthony Laffranchi- a good solid backrower, wioll do his job in both attack and defense
Paul Gallen- i hate gallen, but hes exactly what nsw need, mongrel and he defends well too

Kurt Gidley- he's everything a utility bench needs to be, an abality to play most positions, while he may only be great at fullback/five eigth he has the ability to play soundly at any position from 1 to 7 and has the ability to play 9 and as well as 13
Feleti Mateo- Nsw needs him, this whol eligibility thing needs to be fixed, i think he should still be able to play for tonga as they are a developing nation, if this was union id say stikc with tongaa because they have a much stronger international game than us, i mean its not as if tonga plays more than like one game a year and its usually gaisnt some (no-offence)sub standar team at like tg milner field or something, he is an excellent player he was born and raised in nsw let him play for tonga and nsw similair to kaufusi.
Willie Mason- i know people think hes overated, but hes been there and done it before, plsu he has the ability to play second row and prop and has that little bit of mongrel in him, and if he plays well, nsw will go close to winning
Anthony Tupou- explosive power and has i think the ability to push up front if needed

res.
Michel Jennings- if coops or rednut get injured he should be the next centre off the rank, pace and electric footwork
Brett Kimmorley-has been there done that, people dont rate him but i reckon if theres some problem with halves i.e injury they could do worse than give noddy a go
Ben Creagh- solid second rower with mobility
John Sutton- Same as creagh but he also has ballplaying skills in attack
Matt Orford- still unconvinced despiet the grand final thrashing and dally m if they give it to him he may play well or he may just get lost out there
Luke Douglas- good solid front rower thats due for origin soon

hutch

First Grade
Luke Bailey should never play for NSW again after being embarrased by Carl Webb
he should never have played in the first place. good club player, but too small and gets dominated too much. picking him would be a massive step back.

Tommax25

Bench
IMO

Cooper, Laffranchi and Kite and possibly Hayne are the only blokes who have their starting position wrapped up

If Creagh doesn't get a blues jersey this year ppl should start getting shot!!!!

I agree on all of this, and I actually picked creah to play last year but it didnt pan out. I would go as far as adding glenn stewart and joel monahan to that list of guarentees, barring injury and massive form drops of course. Both had standout seasons and should be there.

My team would go something like....

Stewart
Hayne
Cooper
Jennings
Monahan
Campese
Wallace
Kite
Farah
Cross
Laffranchi
Stewart
Creah

Gallen
Mateo
Perry
Sutton

glockers

Juniors
1. Rhys Wesser
2. Beau Ryan
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Wes Naquima
5. Steve Turner
6. Braith Anasta
7. Blake Green
13. Shane Elford
12. Ben Smith (I hear his conversion to the second row will be a revelation)
11. Shannon McPherson
10. Bryce Gibbs
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe
8. Brett White

Bench: Luke Covell, Scott Dureau, Jamie Stosic, Matt White

Coach: Craig Coleman out of retirement.

petetheileet

First Grade
1. Rhys Wesser
2. Beau Ryan
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Wes Naquima
5. Steve Turner
6. Braith Anasta
7. Blake Green
13. Shane Elford
12. Ben Smith (I hear his conversion to the second row will be a revelation)
11. Shannon McPherson
10. Bryce Gibbs
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe
8. Brett White

Bench: Luke Covell, Scott Dureau, Jamie Stosic, Matt White

Coach: Craig Coleman out of retirement.

Fantastic squad!!!!!

the only problem i see is that Wesser is in fact a qlder

other than that i think ur spot on! :D:D

glockers

Juniors
Oh dear, well I was going to invoke the Adrian Lam rule to include Covell and the Greg Inglis rule to include Wesser.

tdawg

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Quinn
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Gidley
10. Mason