What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Jimmy McManus and Paddy Richards are left wingers.

Anthony Minichiello is a right winger. That is why the Count must be picked in place of Brett Morris.

ByRd

First Grade
Lafai would not let anyone down, he is brilliant defensively and has dangerous footwork but I don't think they'll even consider him.

Wighton should be there with a few being in contention for the other spot.

Wato

Juniors
I would go beau Scott or jack Wighton for the centre spot as either could contain inglis and pick McManus as the winger as his been their before and can play either side. Scott and McManus would have the benefit of a club combo but McManus played outside of Wighton in CvC so they would work as a good combo too.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I would go beau Scott or jack Wighton for the centre spot as either could contain inglis and pick McManus as the winger as his been their before and can play either side. Scott and McManus would have the benefit of a club combo but McManus played outside of Wighton in CvC so they would work as a good combo too.
Scott played centre for NSW years ago and was a massive failure there. Inglis basically tore him a new one.

Too slow laterally to play there now anyway. He'd struggle containing most centres, imo.

Far better off staying in the backrow.

Last edited:
Scott was also rubbish in the backrow on Wednesday. I don't care if he improved in the second half because he was the reason QLD were in the game at all

TheManBearPig

Juniors
Scott was also rubbish in the backrow on Wednesday. I don't care if he improved in the second half because he was the reason QLD were in the game at all

THIS!!!!

Why do people not see this? He made a few good tackles on GI, and everyone believes he should be there again. He was almost solely responsible for QLDs first try as well as multiple LB's through GI and Slater, one of which forced an injured Josh Morris to run in from the sidelines to make a potentially try saving tackle on GI.

Watch the damn game.

Bird straight in for Scott.

The injury situation demands drastic changes:

Jarryd Hayne

Danile Tupou, Michael Jennings, Mitchell Aubuisson, Anthony Minichiello

James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce

Paul Gallen
Greg Bird, Ryan Hoffman
James Tamou, Robbie Farah, Aaron Woods

Interchange: Trent Merrin, Anthony Watmough, Luke Lewis, Tony Williams

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Jarryd Hayne

James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce

Paul Gallen
Greg Bird, Ryan Hoffman

Your brain injury explains the changes you want.

Jarryd Hayne

Daniel Tupou, Michael Jennings, Mitchell Aubuisson, Anthony Minichiello

James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce

Paul Gallen
Greg Bird, Ryan Hoffman

This team reflects the need for combinations in key positions in the back line.

Maloney is an ace goal kicker who will not miss "sitters" as the giggling bra-strapped Trent Hodkinson did.

winnyason

Juniors
Albert take the white pill, you really have no idea. Maloney Queensland tackling target, Pearce worst kicking game in history let's put a bomb up. Mini remember him in decider a few years back simply found out not up to level, auberson he is a bench player your a idiot that is it, don't post unless you have something sensible to say.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Move Hayne from fullback and bring in Bogan
Move Beau Scott to the centres
Pick the roosters back line
Pat Richards to unfamiliar right wing

A couple of injuries and the idiots are out in force with stupidity.
Obvious that a combination of Wighton and Hopoate at right centre and right wing is required. Personally I go with Wighton at RC and Hoppa RW. It's a shame that idiot Ricky has played Wighton out of position for most of the year, but he is a great defender, like Beau Scott but with some attacking threat and some pace. He crunches ball runners.

Bird and Fifita in for Hoffman and Williams/Scott respectively, assuming Watmough is ok. Sorted.

I rate Dylan Walker but he is at least a year too green to be defending Qld's dominant attacking side.

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade

Jarryd Hayne

James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce

Paul Gallen
Greg Bird, Ryan Hoffman

Bahahahaha
Myth Pearce will never play origin again.

big hit!

Bench
Anyone else in that centre position will struggle to make any impact in attack, and will struggle to defend. Hayne won't. And Dugan is a capable fullback. I'd rather be satisfied of players in 2 positions then be completely confident in one at the cost of the other.

Here we go.

Hayne will be ineffective in the centre position as the only player able to get it to him in this NSW team is Hayne himself.

Did you not notice how Jennings had to look for the ball because Hodkinson never got it out that way on the left side?

Forget about the World Cup. Hayne had Cronk feeding him all tournament down the right.

If the ball player inside him is useless, then Hayne is wasted at centre. He is this team's chief play maker and X-factor and his position is Fullback. Why on earth do you move the most important players in the team from one of the most important positions on a rugby league field?