What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2009

Old Faithful

Juniors
re what's wrong with Panthers? Can't comment on Ball but in HM they committed every error known to man - kick off out on the full, offside from the kick off, pushed passes when they weren't there in the backline, the marker defence was awful - the Roosters #9 had a picnic - and one of the tries was an 80m run from dummy half!!! Once they got seriously behind, (6-20 in first half and 12-30 in the second) they obviously tried to play catch up football. They've got some real talent - the #11 was excellent and the kicker #3 is phenomenal for his age group. There was very little creativity in the halves though the #7 was strong enough to play prop - hard to pull down. To be blunt, the coaching needs a lift IMHO.

Kilkenny

Coach
What's wrong with the Panthers?

There awful that's what'w wrong. Worst Matts and Ball sides Penrith have field for quite a few years. On the evidence of what I saw today the neither Panthers junior rep sides likely to make the semi's.

rambo1

Juniors
Thanks for those Penrith assessments. I saw them play last week against Parramatta and I was of the opinion there are plenty of good players in both teams.

Old Faithful

Juniors
might also be the Roosters aren't as bad as everyone thinks! Bulldogs are very strong and Wests proved today that they are very competitive with a win v Souths. I didn't think wests were that good last week - the Roosters killed themselves with penaties and dropped ball - but Wests just kept at it all the time. Roosters won today without the three try man from last week.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
JUNIOR REPS ENJOY SUCCESS
28th Feb 2009 @ 7:36am
The Bulldogs Junior Representative sides have both come away winners for the second week in a row with wins over the Central Coast Storm.

The Bulldogs Harold Matthews team won 28-6 while the SG Ball side managed a massive 82-6 victory on the back of their 62-10 win over the Bears last weekend.

Scorers still to come.

junior fan

Juniors
Manly also won both grades for both teams to remain undefeated. Matts won 24-8 and ball won 24-12 in a very scrappy game.

rambo1

Juniors
I thought the Raiders were better than that?

They have the Dogs at home next week.

I tipped Canberra to be one of the favourites this year because they had half a dozen blokes backing up from last season. But they haven't produced.

I've just seen the Dog's scores today and I'd hate to be Canberra next week!

rambo1

Juniors
Harold Matthews Cup
Western Suburbs 42 def South Sydney 20
Manly 24 def Balmain 8
Cronulla Sharks 30 def St George 6
Gold Coast Titans 40 def SWSAS 6
Western Sydney Academy 30 def Newcastle 16
Roosters 30 def Penrith Panthers 24
Parramatta 30 def Canberra 16
Bulldogs 28 def Central Coast 6
North Sydney 32 def Illawarra 18

S G Ball Cup
Manly 24 def Balmain 12
South Sydney 24 def Western Subs 12
St George 36 def Cronullla Sharks 12
Gold Coast 34 def Melbourne 10
Newtown 28 def Panthers 26
Parramatta 60 def Canbera 4
Newcastle 46 def Western Sydney Academy 16
Bulldogs 82 def Central Coast 6
Illawarra 23 drew with North Sydney 23

scruffy

Juniors
Manly also won both grades for both teams to remain undefeated. Matts won 24-8 and ball won 24-12 in a very scrappy game.
SG Ball is a three team comp, Parra, Dogs, Newtown, as usual Cronulla talk themselves up, while Manly hav'nt played a descent team yet. Parra v Jets GF. Titans could be the bolter.:D

Fin077

Juniors
SG Ball is a three team comp, Parra, Dogs, Newtown, as usual Cronulla talk themselves up, while Manly hav'nt played a descent team yet. Parra v Jets GF. Titans could be the bolter.:D

Parra v Dogs for mine.

I'd see the Jets making the semi's, but the Dogs had Newtown on the ropes then shot themselves in the foot.

Long way to go though!

scruffy

Juniors
The dogs lack direction, fitness and the smarts. Parra lack none of these three things, neither do the jets. The only thing going against the jets is that the starters are nearly all U/17 yr old players. :)

lifesgood

Juniors
The dogs lack direction, fitness and the smarts. Parra lack none of these three things, neither do the jets. The only thing going against the jets is that the starters are nearly all U/17 yr old players. :)

Did you watch the newtown bulldogs game??
If you could honestly say newtown are a better team then the dogs in sg ball, then you got to find a tape of it somehow and watch it again!!

I think it will be Parra vs Dogs as well.. if newtown are to verse the dogs again i think the dogs by at least 2 or 3 tries, the amount of ball newtown had and for them to be down at halftime and win in last few minutes still astounds me!

parra dont lack anything, the only problem is most of the time they seem to find form at the wrong time of the season

Dragons are my bolters, and newcastle if they hit some form

Sharks talk the talk but as soon as a team starts to beat em physically they go hiding and lose it!!

Fin077

Juniors

What makes you say that?