What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2009

lifesgood

Juniors
What makes you say that?

I agree, I dont think they lack direction, they look like a team that have a simple game plan which enables them to play whats in front of them and play their own footy, and it works by the look of things.

As well as fitness, in their last two games they have ran away with the wins over their opposition. Last night was 34-6 half time, and last week was 24-0. Against Newtown it may have looked like fitness, but any team which defends that much are going to struggle in the last 10 minutes of a game.

And obviously they have the smarts, to score 82 points and 62 point, they must have something going to score that many points!

scruffy

Juniors
Funny how two people can look at the same game and see it so differently. I was at the game and have the dvd. I think the dogs were very lucky they didn't get beaten by more by the Jets. When I say the "smarts" I refer to playing good football under pressure, not in "one way street" games like their last two romps, anyone can play smart under those conditions, just ask Manly. They(the dogs) droppd the pill so much against the Jets because they were forced into it by a team of technically better players, who were giving away a year of maturation per man and probably an average of 5 kilos in body weight. I don't think they played what was in front of them that day because they couldn't smash them into submission, nor never will, class beats brawn every time. Jets by 4 tries next time. :D

lifesgood

Juniors
Funny how two people can look at the same game and see it so differently. I was at the game and have the dvd. I think the dogs were very lucky they didn't get beaten by more by the Jets. When I say the "smarts" I refer to playing good football under pressure, not in "one way street" games like their last two romps, anyone can play smart under those conditions, just ask Manly. They(the dogs) droppd the pill so much against the Jets because they were forced into it by a team of technically better players, who were giving away a year of maturation per man and probably an average of 5 kilos in body weight. I don't think they played what was in front of them that day because they couldn't smash them into submission, nor never will, class beats brawn every time. Jets by 4 tries next time. :D

You have the tape, please go look at it again.
Look at some terrible refereeing decisions made against the bulldogs, including their first try where one of the doggies players was held back, and then look at all the drop balls the dogs had, and tell me if it was pressure they put under or from loose handling, Their second rower, lachlan burr ran a muck all over the jets and then would have a loose carry and lose it.
Newtown put the dogs under so much pressure, and if they had so much class and smarts they would of been able to score more then four tries, well three actually. One length of the field try which should of been called back for a penalty.

If newtown have class as you say, they would of been able to put the dogs away. My best friends brother is in the doggies team and he told us they completed 7 out of 30 sets or something. i would be embarrased if i was the jets to have only won by 4. with a first grader in the team, without that Boyd Cordner playing, they would of lost to a team completing 7 out of 30.

Now i refuse to get stuck into an argument with you, cause yesterday at the central coast game, as bad as central coast was, it was the bulldogs playing good and controlled football rather then the central coast playing bad.

If jets and dogs meet again we shall see what happens, cause i think we have seen many times in sg ball over the years, it is whoever shows up on the day. But if Boyd Cordner is playing 20s and not sg ball, bye bye and chance the Jets have

scruffy

Juniors
As good a player as Boyd is, he's only 16 years old, as is Brent(8), Fine(4), Miller(7), Atkinson(12), Bair(1), Dawny(6) and several others. Boyd has played very well all season because the rest of the team around him have played very well, they are the future of the Roosters and the first wave of O'Sullivan kids to come through the club, I don't think many people realise how technically correct and tough many of these kids are. I agree with your sentiment that whoever truns up on the day will win, they are both very good teams in different areas, but I'm not convinced that Boyd is the total reason for success, it is a "back hander" to the other guys who have tolled so well over the first 3 games. :D

lifesgood

Juniors
As good a player as Boyd is, he's only 16 years old, as is Brent(8), Fine(4), Miller(7), Atkinson(12), Bair(1), Dawny(6) and several others. Boyd has played very well all season because the rest of the team around him have played very well, they are the future of the Roosters and the first wave of O'Sullivan kids to come through the club, I don't think many people realise how technically correct and tough many of these kids are. I agree with your sentiment that whoever truns up on the day will win, they are both very good teams in different areas, but I'm not convinced that Boyd is the total reason for success, it is a "back hander" to the other guys who have tolled so well over the first 3 games. :D

I didnt take anything from the other players, in fact Cheyse Blair and Jacob Miller I watched last year and they are both very good players. What i said was i believe against the dogs they lacked execution and the smart that you said the dogs lack, and without Boyd on that day they would of lost. But enough about that mate, they won that on the day.

You have an opinion, I have an opinion. I believe Parra will be to good for the rest anyways. Who they verse really will be decided, its all about hitting form in the right time of the year

rambo1

Juniors
Guys I have been watching this post and found it very invigorating. Good debate!

Some of our teams have played against historically weaker opposition and it is hard to guage how really good they are.

In my mind I think it's disappointing that they didn't bring in the two tiers system this year. As has been documented the two tiers would have had access to the semi-series.

I'm told that some big clubs did not like the system because they may have had to play against QLD 1 or 2 in a quarter final.

If this was the problem then the NSWRL must fix the problem.

scruffy

Juniors
Having been to the last 5 Australian Schoolboys championships I'd prefer our Australian under age teams were picked from a statewide crossover comp such as SG Ball for U/18's. Too many kids from NSW who don't go to school in the CCC or CHS system, or don't go to school at all, get overlooked for Aussie Rep honours. The really serious players are in Hmatts and SG Ball, and if Qld , NT and maybe an Emerging States team came into the SG Ball comp at some cross over point, then a true aussie team could be picked. I find it strange that only NSW and Qld state teams are picked from these high quality comps, while an Aussie Team gets picked from a schoolboy comp, were players are trained and coached by teachers??::crazy:

lifesgood

Juniors
I have to agree with you on that, Loll, finally agreed.

But I also must admit the fact they have changed it to Under 16s and Under 18s is going to help the progress along.
I dont disagree with Australian schoolboys, but I also believe Qld and Nsw under 18s which are picked from SG Ball should also progress to Higher rep honours.

But in another way, their is to much biasy in NSW udner 16s and 18s teams, where i dont see as much bias decisions made at schoolboy football.
Besides last year, I dont know how Ratu Tagive didn't make Schoolboys and I dont know how Neenan Simpson did

Fin077

Juniors
I have to agree with you on that, Loll, finally agreed.

But I also must admit the fact they have changed it to Under 16s and Under 18s is going to help the progress along.
I dont disagree with Australian schoolboys, but I also believe Qld and Nsw under 18s which are picked from SG Ball should also progress to Higher rep honours.

But in another way, their is to much biasy in NSW udner 16s and 18s teams, where i dont see as much bias decisions made at schoolboy football.
Besides last year, I dont know how Ratu Tagive didn't make Schoolboys and I dont know how Neenan Simpson did

Neenan made the side because of his speed and the fact that he can jump around and evade people like a damn kangaroo!!....lol

yappy

Bench
I don't believe so. Wests might be playing Balmain on the 21 at Concord due to the ground not being available.

rambo1

Juniors
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS
V RABBITOHS
ERSKINEVILLE OVAL
SAT 7 MARCH 2009
1215PM (SG BALL) & 11AM (HAROLD MATTHEWS)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SG BALL CUP: 1. Jaydin TAVITA 2. Chris ULUGIA 3. Rory BRIEN 4. Josh TUITUPOU 5. Jorge TAUFUA 6. Jason WEHBE 7. Josh MURRAY 8. Rodney MOEFAAUO 9. Kingi LASALO 10. Peni TEREPO 11. Olomanu USINI 12. Patrick O'HANLON 13. Kyle FRASER [C] Interchange: 14. Edan PRICE 15. Jarrod AZAR 16. Krys FREEMAN 17. Jacob LOKO 18. Thomas VANDERMADE 19. Avagalu SEUMANUFAGAI 20. PJ ASIATA 21. Daniel TUPOU 22. Phil NATI Coach: Mick LEWIS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HAROLD MATTHEWS CUP: 1. Jacob GAGAN 2. Alan KAMOTO 3. Vai TOUTAI 4. Soane MANUMU'A 5. Derek GOLDING 6. Todd GRAHAM 7. Sean MCGUINNESS [C] 8. Junior PAULO 9. Troy ERRINGTON 10. Josh NEALE 11. Jordan MALAKI 12. Joseph UALESI 13. Frazer MASINAMUA Interchange: 14. Robbie KAMOTO 15. Kalausa LEHA 16. John ASIATA 17. Kieran GALLAGHER 18. Kelepi TANGINOA 19. Chad MCGILL 20. Sione HEHEPOTO 21. Adam MCMILLAN 22. Brendon NEWTON Coach: Chris BRADBURY[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ROUND THREE COACH’S REPORTS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Harold Matthews Cup
Eels 30, Raiders 18
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The early stages of our Harold Matthews Cup clash with Canberra saw some smart ball movement and torrid defence from both teams. The effort shown was impressive given the heat of the day, which featured temperatures of over 30 degrees in weather more suited to the beach than to football.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An error by the Raiders deep in their own half saw Parramatta put on a set play from a scrum which saw Jacob Gagan cross for his first try of the day. The Raiders then paid doubly with another error close to the line allowing Todd Graham to off load to winger Kieran Gallagher to cross out wide.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Poor discipline by the Eels then allowed the Raiders a mountain of possession, a series of penalties putting us on the back foot. On the back of the gifted possession Raiders dummy half Carl Johnson laid on a try for a charging Jayden Baxter, putting the Raiders back in the race.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The home side settled in, completing sets and gaining field position, but Gagan counterpunched beautifully on the kick return, speed and footwork seeing him beat three defenders on a 70 metre run to the try line.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Again the Eels invited the Raiders deep in to their half with undisciplined penalties and back row Daniel Herden scored under the posts. Half time came with the Eels ahead 16-12.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The second half saw the Raiders get off to a great start when second rower Scott Kalsbeek backed up a break and score under the post, putting the Raiders into the lead at 18-16. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But from the ensuing passage of play Gagan scored his third to put the Eels back in front, before tries to Soane Manumu'a and Junior Paulo put the result beyond doubt at 30 points to 18.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chris Bradbury
Harold Matthews Cup Coach[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SB Ball
Eels 60, Raiders 4
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our round 3 assignment against the Canberra Raiders started out like the proverbial arm wrestle. In warm conditions the first half produced a game that featured very little between the two sides. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Parramatta were first to score through skipper Kyle Fraser, with Jaydin Tavita adding the extras. Canberra hit straight back with a solo effort from fullback Hayden Hodge, who fielded a kick inside his own 20 metre line and then found a hole in the Parramatta chase to run 80 metres and score, narrowing our lead to two at 6-4.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Desperate defence from the Raiders and a contentious forward pass call denied the Eels two more tries during the first half, however we extended our lead right on the stroke of half time through centre Rory Brien who finished off a bust from Pat O’Hanlon to score. Eels 10-4.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The second 35 mins was a completely different story and ultimately would produce a points bonanza for the Eels. Through a healthy weight of possession and respect for it we piled on 50 unanswered points in the shape of 9 tries and 7 goals.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pat O’Hanlon got the ball rolling when he sliced through, while Tavita added the extras. Brien then got his second and the Eels were on the front foot. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The points then came quickly, tries to Josh Tuitupou, Jason Wehbe, Jaydin Tavita, Jorge Taufua, Chris Ulugia, and Olomanu Usini and big prop Ava Seumanufagai making it a procession. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tavita kicked 3 more goals and Wehbe also added 2 successful conversions to see the Eels come away from the Nationals Capital with a vital win 60-4.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mick Lewis
SG Ball Cup Coach[/FONT]

Rubber Toes

Juniors
H/matts Souths 18 V Parra 18
with Souths finishing stronger.
SGBall Parra 50 V Souths 6.

H/matts Manly 28 V SWSAS 20

rambo1

Juniors
http://nswrlacademy.leaguenet.com.au/

Harold Matthews Cup
Manly 34 def South West Sydney Academy 20
South Sydney 18 drew with Parramatta 18
Cronulla 30 def Western Sydney Academy of Sport 14
Gold Coast Titans 40 def North Sydney 12
Bulldogs 40 def Canberra 24
Newcastle 38 def Western Suburbs 12
Balamain 30 def St George 18
Penrith 38 def Illawarra 16
Sydney Roosters 28 def Central Coast 20

Competition Table H Matthews Cup (leaders only) More details on Monday

Bulldogs 8 pts
Manly 8 pts
Parramatta 6 pts
Newcastle 6 pts
Gold Coast 6 pts

S G Ball Cup
Melbourne 38 def Manly 6
Parramatta 50 def South Sydney 6
Central Coast 22 def Newtown 8
Penrith 28 def Illawarra 14
St George 28 def Balmain 16
Newcastle 48 def Western Suburbs 18
Bulldogs 48 def Canberra 24
Gold Coast Titans 54 def North Sydney 22
Western Sydney Academy of Sport 28 def Cronulla 14

Competition Table S G Ball Cup (leaders only) More Details on Monday at nswrlacademy.com.au

Parramatta 8 pts
St George 8 pts
Melbourne 6 pts
Gold Coast Titans 6 pts
Manly 6 pts
Newtown 6 pts
Bulldogs 6 pts

isaiah

Bench

Harold Matthews Cup
Manly 34 def South West Sydney Academy 20
South Sydney 18 drew with Parramatta 18
Cronulla 30 def Western Sydney Academy of Sport 14
Gold Coast Titans 40 def North Sydney 12
Bulldogs 40 def Canberra 24
Newcastle 38 def Western Suburbs 12
Balamain 30 def St George 18
Penrith 38 def Illawarra 16
Sydney Roosters 28 def Central Coast 20

Competition Table H Matthews Cup (leaders only) More details on Monday

Bulldogs 8 pts
Manly 8 pts
Parramatta 6 pts
Newcastle 6 pts
Gold Coast 6 pts

S G Ball Cup
Melbourne 38 def Manly 6

Competition Table S G Ball Cup (leaders only) More Details on Monday at nswrlacademy.com.au

Parramatta 8 pts
St George 8 pts
Melbourne 6 pts
Gold Coast Titans 6 pts
Manly 6 pts
Newtown 6 pts
Bulldogs 6 pts

i cannot wait til next saturday, penrith coming to the gold coast!!

100yearsRL

Juniors
Watched the Western Academy V Sharks game in SG Ball, good attacking first half from academy, great try scored just before 1/2 time and one just after. Game became a bit scrappy in the 2nd half, however academy had to do plenty of defending and fatigue may have caused them to make some unforced effors. Good win for the academy side though.

Fin077

Juniors

S G Ball Cup
Melbourne 38 def Manly 6

Parramatta 8 pts
St George 8 pts
Melbourne 6 pts
Gold Coast Titans 6 pts
Manly 6 pts
Newtown 6 pts
Bulldogs 6 pts

The Raiders were actually ahead 18-0 after 25 mins in this game. By half time their lead was only 18-16.

I think the Dogs are actually higher on the table than this....Anyway some interesting results yesterday.

Latest posts