What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2009

Fin077

Juniors
I was wondering if the Dragons were that good.....I wonder what kind of game it was?

Other SG Ball winners were Newtown over Balmain and Newcastle over Gold Coast.

Fin077

Juniors
Was just thinking....Is that finals schedule posted a couple pages back accurate or has it been changed again?

If it's the way things are still going to go, this is what next weeks SG Ball games look like;

Manly V Qld Side (Sydney)
Parra V Qld Side (Qld)
Dogs V Newtown
Melbourne V Newcastle

Thoughts?

juuniorfan

Juniors
Was just thinking....Is that finals schedule posted a couple pages back accurate or has it been changed again?

If it's the way things are still going to go, this is what next weeks SG Ball games look like;

Manly V Qld Side (Sydney)
Parra V Qld Side (Qld)
Dogs V Newtown
Melbourne V Newcastle

Thoughts?

Thats the way its looking in Sg Ball

slavetothevibe

Juniors
even slave to the vive could not have forseen the catastrophe at Campbelltown yesterday! What about Manly Matts and St george Ball going down!!! Both coaches musnt know whats what after guiding thier teams to excellent seasons for one bad day at the office to ruin it all.

Was speakin to a few guys at the ground yesterday, they said manly were a well coached matts side but st george had some good players, it was gona be a close game.....but 62 4? No one predicted that, the manly boys looked disinterested, but a solid effort from them for the year they have had, cant say that it looked like they had much talent yesterday but they must have done something to win so many games. somebody tell me, maybe iam their curse!

But then just when you think the RL world can not turn upside down anymore, old St George, undefeeated all year go down to the manly SG BALL who finshed last! You could tell St George had the cattle but manly just scrapped and fought and the george dropped the ball too many times.. Again, the st george coach needs praise fo r the great season but yesterday threatens to sour that memory, maybe i am his curse too

I wasnt very impressed by Wests matts team over penrith and I thought what i saw of the penrith dogs ball game, that penrith should have finished higher up. Im not sure on next weeks draw yet but i think st george should beat Wests in the matts, they look a good side, i cannot believe they finished tenth, but another dimension comes in with these banana benders coming downto the real aussie capital

buster bunny

Juniors
even slave to the vive could not have forseen the catastrophe at Campbelltown yesterday! What about Manly Matts and St george Ball going down!!! Both coaches musnt know whats what after guiding thier teams to excellent seasons for one bad day at the office to ruin it all.

Was speakin to a few guys at the ground yesterday, they said manly were a well coached matts side but st george had some good players, it was gona be a close game.....but 62 4? No one predicted that, the manly boys looked disinterested, but a solid effort from them for the year they have had, cant say that it looked like they had much talent yesterday but they must have done something to win so many games. somebody tell me, maybe iam their curse!

But then just when you think the RL world can not turn upside down anymore, old St George, undefeeated all year go down to the manly SG BALL who finshed last! You could tell St George had the cattle but manly just scrapped and fought and the george dropped the ball too many times.. Again, the st george coach needs praise fo r the great season but yesterday threatens to sour that memory, maybe i am his curse too

I wasnt very impressed by Wests matts team over penrith and I thought what i saw of the penrith dogs ball game, that penrith should have finished higher up. Im not sure on next weeks draw yet but i think st george should beat Wests in the matts, they look a good side, i cannot believe they finished tenth, but another dimension comes in with these banana benders coming downto the real aussie capital

Manly Harold Matts were given a very good draw so their top 4 position probably wasn't a good indication of their strength in the competition. The games they won also were generally close even against some of the weaker teams.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
In H/Matts I think Wests will hammer St George & although Newcastle would be favoured I think Central Coast can knock them over.
I won't comment on the Qld teams. I just hope they are competetive for the sake of the new structure and the future of the Qld Jnr Reps competition.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Preview : NSW Junior Reps V QLD Junior Reps

I have seen games from both competitions this year and my early season opinion on how Qld will go was that Qld’s U16’s will match NSW & but their 18’s won’t. I haven’t seen a lot to change that view. It will be interesting. I wish the games were all in place so I could see them live.

U 18’s Manly V Townsville

Townsville have got it lucky by drawing Manly. How are Manly still in this comp. I hope their coach cancelled his overseas holiday because he couldn’t been expecting to be still coaching at this time of the season. Some have described last weeks Manly win as the biggest upset in SG Ball history. Not even Manly fans can believe it happened.

On paper Townsville are definitely stronger. They have 5 forwards who could all be playing Toyota Cup footy inside 12 months. They are well coached by Grant Bell former Cowboy’s coach.

What will Manly play like this week ? No one would know, not even them. Townsville aren’t as strong as St George but they better than most of the teams that beat Manly during the year.

You certainly couldn’t tip Manly to repeat those efforts so perhaps Townsville to win.

U18’s Parramatta V Norths

Norths are basically an under 17 team and have lost their best 2 forwards for the season. They showed a lot of character to surprise many in upsetting Townsville last week. Most of their team are kids unsigned with NRL clubs and on paper they have no right to challenge Parra.

I think Parra will be too big and physical for them.

U 16’s Bulldogs V Townsville

Townsville rely heavily on their big 2 Samoan boys. Norths had plenty of luck go their way and they looked a beaten until 10 minutes to go.

If the Dogs can contain Townsville, they can get over the top of them in the second half of the game but I expect Townsville will give them a hell of fright.

U16’s Parramatta V Norths

Norths have a very good pack while Parra play good footy through good halves and use their outside backs to advantage and there is no doubt Norths are vulnerable there. Norths outside backs simply
gave up when Townsville ran at them last week.

Parra have a lot of big wins lately but the Norths pack as will be as formidable as any they have played this year.

I don’t know who to tip this game. Parra could easily open them up out wide if things go their way but I expect Norths to aim up and make things very difficult.

fortae

Bench
I was wondering if the Dragons were that good.....I wonder what kind of game it was?

Shows what can happen when teams play each other two weeks in a row.

Norths are basically an under 17 team and have lost their best 2 forwards for the season.

Korbin Sims? Qld will have to wait another year before they steal another one of NSW's best ... any details on the injury?

juuniorfan

Juniors
Sg ball im tipping Townsville, just for the fact i dont think its possible manly will pull off two major upsets in a row. but Townsville having to travel will play a major part,
and Norths, just for the fact aprra will struggle having to travel and I think outside their defence is very vulnerable.

My tip in the other games are Dogs to just beat Newtown and I think Melbourne to just beat Newcastle.
Which will give Dogs Vs Norths Semi and Melbourne Vs Townsville Semi.

In harold matts im Tipping the Dogs as well as Townsville having to travel i still think the dogs will be to big and strong for them and will smart the game out. In the other game im not to sure im going to go with parra but will not be surprised if the Norths win it

In other games for harold matts im going Wests to beat st george, newcastle to beat central coast.

Which gives a Dogs vs Newcastle semi and Wests Vs Parra semi.

SOO

Juniors
Shows what can happen when teams play each other two weeks in a row.

Korbin Sims? Qld will have to wait another year before they steal another one of NSW's best ... any details on the injury?

He palyed QLD 16s last year so yeah he has already played for qld he is already ours haha

fortae

Bench
I don't think he has done enough to make Origin 18's

Form isn't ever the only factor, but hasn't he scored something like 10 tries in 6 games? Looking at the players available, he'd be at least on the bench ... for QLD OR NSW.

He played QLD 16s last year so yeah he has already played for qld he is already ours haha

It's first senior football after your 16th birthday. So the under 16s wouldn't count anyway.

But I'm still expecting the farce to eventuate ...

BTW any thoughts on the Qld teams?

roopy

Referee
Wests 26 - 24 Saints in Mathews is the only unofficial score i've heard.
Any other scores?