What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC 2011 Thread

Big Pete

Referee
Round 1 Team

1. Lachlan Maranta
2. Arthur Brown
3. Dale Copley
4. Jordan Kahu
5. Chris Kuridrani
6. Corey Norman
7. Louis Frisby
8. Anthony Mullally
9. Kurt Baptiste
10. Matt Smith
11. Mitchell Frei
12. Aaron Whitchurch
13. Chris Binge

14. Benn Malley
15. Zac Lemberg
16. Stephen Coombe
17. Daniel Wallace

Source: http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=team-nyc

7 new faces including English import Mullaly make up the Broncos NYC side for Round 1. Notoriously we're a slow starting club but with experience in key positions I believe we'll give the equally as exciting Cows team a run for it's money.

I'll be at the game so will post my thoughts afterwards.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I read somewhere that someone reckons the Cows are favourites for the under 20's, so this will be a very good early test.

Surprised to see Whitchurch and Binge in the backrow.

How will our front row of Mullally and Smith compare with our front row of last season of Clayton and Sims?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Norman really needs to step up and dominate the under 20s. I'd prefer if he was playing full time QLD cup...

beads6

First Grade
Where the F is BJ!!!! We should go close to winning it this year if Copley and Norman stay in QLD cup

Big Pete

Referee
Q Cup doesn't begin for another two weeks, so that may of had a bearing in this team's selection.

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane 24-0 up as Jordan Kahu just falls short of converting his linebreak. Brisbane have just been too good in this opening 20 and their spine has made the Cows pay big time. Mullally and Frei have both been awesome too.

Cows just scored through Pangai who was just too much to handle close to the line.

Big Pete

Referee
Pangai grabs a double off a Broncos knock on from the kick off.

Earlier the Broncos had scored off a scrappy offload from Lemberg.

Big Pete

Referee
Ended up 46-24, typical NYC game, all style and no substance.

In saying we looked really good early, all our passes stuck and for the most part our players came up with the rational decisions.

Thought our props were all fairly good, Smith got through a ton of work, Mullally was a wrecking machine and Dan Wallace off the bench did some good things (just tried to be too fancy).

As you could imagine, Pangai was a beast for North Queensland, shouldn't be too long before he gets a call up, although he does have some things he needs to work out.

AuDragon

Juniors
The Broncos have contracted the halfback of my kid's school team, and although it's very early to say at 16 y/o, he definitely looks the goods and is an excitement machine. Remember the name Jayden Beryl, you heard it here first! ;-)

Big Pete

Referee
So the Broncos went down to the Raiders 38-22 on Friday evening. Starring players for the Broncos were Lachlan Maranta (12 Runs, 138m, 1 Try Assist, 1 Line Break) and Mitchell Frei (41 Tackles, 14 Runs, 109m).

Unfortunately to make matters worse, NRL squad member Jordan Kahu received a season ending injury in the loss. This is the side that will take on the winless Titans on Friday night...

1. Lachlan Maranta
2. Arthur Brown
3. Dale Copley
4. Jerome Leedy
5. Chris Kuridrani
6. Corey Norman
7. Louis Frisby
8. Mitchell Frei
9. Kurt Baptiste
10. Matt Smith
11. Benn Malley
12. Aaron Whitchurch
13. Chris Binge
Reserves:
14. Anthony Mullally
15. Stephen Coombe
16. Dan Wallace
17. Mboya Adams

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane defeat the Titans 46-14.

Copley bagged a hat-trick and debutant Jerome Leedy grabbed a double as the Broncos ran rampant.

Other stand outs were:
Corey Norman - 2 Line Breaks, 2 Try Assists, 5 Tackle Breaks, 14 Tackles 0 Missed, 11 Runs for 117m.
Matt Smith - 18 Runs 151m, 21 Tackles, 1 Missed
Chris Binge - 1 Try, 1 Linebreak, 13 Runs for 107m, 27 Tackles 0 Missed.
Chris Kuridrani - 1 Try, 1 Try Assist, 1 Linebreak, 13 Runs for 126m

Latest posts