What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC team of the year

mackdadday

Juniors
Seasons widdled past the half way mark. Anyone want to take a crack at NYC team of the year and player of the year or does one and all dare not risk their reputations?

Brenko Lee and Jon Sila are probably hot favourites for the backline and Bryce Cartright has been shining for penrith.

Go on and take a crack!

MacDougall

First Grade
From the Tigers Brendan Santi and Luke Brooks will contend for spots. Santi probably has lock sewn up tbh. Only thing counting against Brooks is that he's spent a fair bit of time in NSW cup.

half_back

Juniors
What is the qualifying number of games? Obviously there are a number of players such as Dylan Walker, Kelepi Tanginoa, Anthony Milford etc who have played a large number of first grade games and look likely to continue, others such as Charly Runciman, Luke brooks and Pauli Pauli have been playing prem league and all would be serious contenders.

Last edited:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
From the Tigers Brendan Santi and Luke Brooks will contend for spots. Santi probably has lock sewn up tbh. Only thing counting against Brooks is that he's spent a fair bit of time in NSW cup.

I am sure that David Bhana (Warriors) will push Santi.
He plays 80 makes around 50 tackles a game and has improved his running quite a lot.
Signed on to FG for next year.

But for me the biggest certainty for the Warriors should be - Solomone Kata too partner Brenko Lee in the centres.

Kata - scored two tries a game, blistering pace all in his first year of league.
A more skilled and agile version of Konrad Hurell - who can goal kick as well.

Noa

First Grade
Only 2 players from the Storm would be considered at this stage.

Matt Lodge and Pride Petterson-Robati.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Only Roosters player in with a chance at this stage would be Samsioni Langi but there would be some quality contenders in the 5/8 position.

Edwahu

Bench
I only really watch Raiders games but Jack Ahearn has stepped up since they started getting hit by injuries. Tevita Pangai has being great since he came in as well.

Brenko Lee will be out to about round 20 so might miss out in the official team. Otherwise he would have to have been one of the first picked.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If the team was based on the first 10 rounds Penrith would have had plenty of contenders. Now the best 20's are in NSW Cup.

Before Bryce Cartwright was promoted after Round 10 he had 48 offloads. With the next best in the Holden Cup back on 20!

luke46

Juniors
i havnt been following u20 closely but ill have a guess at the spine

Halves - Milford, Cornish, brooks
Fullback - moss
Hooker - clydsdale

Fullback: Clinton Gutherson (manly)
Wing: David Nofoaluma (tigers)
Centre: Brenko Lee (canberra)
Centre: Charly Runciman (dragons)
Wing: Jon Sila (bulldogs)
Five-Eight: Anthony Milford (raiders)
Halfback: Mitch Cornish (raiders) / Luke Brooks (tigers)
Prop: Matt Lodge (storm)
Hooker: Adam Clydesdale (newcastle)
Prop: Pauli Pauli (parramatta)
Second Row: Caleb Timu (broncos)
Second Row: Bryce Cartwright (penrith)
Lock: Brendan Santi (tigers)

Bench: David Bhana (warriors)
Bench: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (penrith)
Bench: Jake Trbojevic (manly)
Bench: Samisoni Langi (roosters)

MountainMan

Juniors
Fantastic insight and contribution, youre a credit to us all
Is my statement incorrect Minto Cobras?
Please give me an insight into how great the standard of footy is within this comp..
Name one NYC 'star' whose come into first grade and carried on looking as though he belongs..
Barba(even though he took a few years to get there)
DCE
Foran
T-Rex
Johnson
Packer
how many others?

Can name a shitload more who looked like deadest stars in NYC and have done shit all since NYC
Mullaney,Ben Hunt,Beau Henry,John Kite,Shannon Wakeman,VaiVai,Zoram Watene,Romelo,Sene Lafao,Taulima Tautai,Joel Latham,half the bloody warrior NYC teams since it started ..the list goes on n on..my point is,its a shithouse of a comp,makes this kids look like stars,when really its because their playing in a shit standard comp.
More focus should be with the NSW Cup even RMC with the amount of Former first graders running around In it.
You don't agree?

Big Pete

Referee
This isn't the thread to discuss that Mountain Man.

If you wanted to make a point, why not open a new thread?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Name one NYC 'star' whose come into first grade and carried on looking as though he belongs..
Tariq Sims, Josh Papalli, Josh Dugan, Jake Friend, Robbie Rochow, Tyrone Roberts, Alex McKinnon, Boyd Cordner, Kelepi Tanginoa...... and that's just off the top of my head.

There's heaps.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jack Wighton, Anthony Milford, Josh Papalii, Joel Thompson, Shaun Fensom, Jared Croker, Edrick Lee and thats just Raiders players. There is an absolute motza of them.

Son of Minto

Bench
Is my statement incorrect Minto Cobras?
Please give me an insight into how great the standard of footy is within this comp..
Barba(even though he took a few years to get there)
DCE
Foran
T-Rex
Johnson
Packer
how many others?

Can name a shitload more who looked like deadest stars in NYC and have done shit all since NYC
Mullaney,Ben Hunt,Beau Henry,John Kite,Shannon Wakeman,VaiVai,Zoram Watene,Romelo,Sene Lafao,Taulima Tautai,Joel Latham,half the bloody warrior NYC teams since it started ..the list goes on n on..my point is,its a shithouse of a comp,makes this kids look like stars,when really its because their playing in a shit standard comp.
More focus should be with the NSW Cup even RMC with the amount of Former first graders running around In it.
You don't agree?

The other guys named a whole bunch of others, now you look like a f**king mong. Piss off to another thread and complain about NYC you whiny merkin.

Latest posts