What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nyc

roopy

Referee
Herman to 18 is fair.
He started the season great, but it's a long season for a guy used to park football, and he has been crap for weeks now. No fault of his - he will be much better for it next season.
Mason to the starting line up is a great thing. He is the big improver for the season IMO.

roopy

Referee
Marlborough very unlucky to not grab the number one hooker role, although he can also play second row or lock if Redman plays big minutes.
On the other hand, Redman would be unlucky to lose the starting spot because of one headclash.

roopy

Referee
Kirran Shearer has lost a lot of weight and is looking the goods now, although he has lost a bit of the intimidation factor now that he is a bit smaller.

Serc

First Grade
Changes to todays lineup were 16. Kirran Shearer and 17. Chris Marlborough off the bench with 19. Shaun Boss and 20. Chris Knight replacing them.

Means 146m (13 runs, 10 hitups for 91m, 1 line break - which boosted his metres, but would've got 100+ anyway, which is very impressive for him)
Tetavano 119m (13 runs, 10 hitups for 97m, 1 line break, 5 tackle breaks)
Boss 109m (10 runs - noticed some very impressive runs from him today and the stats show it pretty well!)
Cook 92m (10 runs, 1 try assist, had one of his better games by his high standards I'd say today)

Wilson 87m (10 runs)

2 try assists for Roberts

5 errors for Dwan

2 line breaks each for Dwan and Mitch Williams

Tackles
Cook 40 (missed 3) by NYC standards, this is a helluva lot of tackling
Means 31 (missed 4)
Tetavano 31 (missed 5)
Finn 28 (missed 1)
Wilson 23 (missed 1)

Hunt also made 20 tackles in the centres and missed none.

aqua_duck

Coach
2 times now our future players have scored the winning try against, KOD did it to us a few weeks back and Likiliki did it to us yesterday

Serc

First Grade
Yeah funny that...hope it means they both go on to be superstars :D

NYC: Newcastle Knights v Brisbane Broncos
5.15pm Friday 20 August 2010
EnergyAustralia Stadium
1. Will Smith
2. Jarrod Tua
3. Harmony Hunt
4. Mitch Williams
5. Nick Dwan
6. Api Pewhairangi
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Jake Finn
9. Chad Redman
10. Cruise Wilson
11. Zane Tetevano
12. Matt Herman
13. Ethan Cook (C)

Interchange:
14. Rodney Mason
15. Dane Cordner
16. Shaun Boss
17. Chris Knight
18. Carl Means

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=29177&title=round-24-teams

Same as last week except Herman in for Mason who is moved to the bench...anyone else know if anything's happened to Marlborough?

roopy

Referee
Herman back in the starting line up for Mason and Means to 18 - i think they are giving the new boys each a week off to rest a bit - they have both bean great this year.

Tua seems to have nailed down a spot finally. He is a very athletic lad, but had a heap to learn at the start of the year. Next season could be a big one for the kiwi, now that he actually seems to know what he is doing.

Serc

First Grade
NYC: Newcastle Knights v St George Illawarra Dragons
5.05pm Saturday 28 August 2010
EnergyAustralia Stadium
1. Will Smith
2. Jarrod Tua
3. Harmony Hunt
4. Api Pewhairangi
5. Nick Dwan
6. Adrian Davis
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Jake Finn
9. Chad Redman
10. Cruise Wilson
11. Zane Tetevano
12. Matt Herman
13. Ethan Cook (C)

Interchange:
14. Carl Means
15. Dane Cordner
16. Shaun Boss
17. Chris Marlborough
18. Rodney Mason

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=29469&round-25-teams

Strong looking team, interesting that Api is into the centres and Davis is back in at 5/8.

roopy

Referee
I don't know what to make of Api - he seems to do everything in slow motion, but he gets good results. I reckon i could make a cup of tea and have a nap while he sells a dummy, but people keep buying them and he walks through gaps like he's off for a Sunday stroll.
He has two years of NYC in front of him, so it'll be interesting to see if people wake up to him.

Serc

First Grade
Some stats from last week:

Tetavano made 135m from 15 runs
Mason made 91m from 10 runs

Finn made 79m from 11 hitups (our pack got pretty dominated by the looks so this stat is pretty good imo)

1 try assist each to Will Smith, Roberts and Cook.
2 line breaks to Api, and 1 to Mitch Williams.
4 offloads by Cook.

38 tackles by Redman and Cook, 34 for Marlborough. Finn made 19 and missed 1.

Noa

First Grade
Ive heard you guys are in talks with one of the Storms more promising NYC players. I hope we dont lose him but you will be very happy if you do get him.

Noa

First Grade
Because if fear I say his name it might come true, lol. The guy who told me said they dont want his name out there yet as they really want to keep him. And so far the only 2 clubs that know he is potentailly on the market are us and you guys.

Serc

First Grade
As most of us know we got flogged in NYC on the weekend 44-6.

Not much to note when watching the game...except for Faifai-Loa tearing us up left right and centre. Cruise Wilson seemed to have a number of good carries and the stats support that pretty much.

Wilson 14 runs (all hitups) for 113m, 35 tackles with 2 missed.

Cook is down for the most tackle breaks (5) and offloads (3) in our team and 2 line breaks and our only try...I only watched the 2nd half so maybe they were in the 1st half :)

Serc

First Grade
NYC: Newcastle Knights v Melbourne Storm
11.45am Sunday 5 September 2010
AAMI Park
1. Will Smith
2. Jarrod Tua
3. Harmony Hunt
4. Api Pewhairangi
5. Nick Dwan
6. Adrian Davis
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Jake Finn
9. Chad Redman
10. Cruise Wilson
11. Zane Tetevano
12. Matt Herman
13. Ethan Cook (C)

Interchange:
14. Carl Means
15. Dane Cordner
16. Shaun Boss
17. Chris Marlborough
18. Rodney Mason

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=29748&round-26-teams

Looks to be the same team as last week.

Noa

First Grade
Any reason you can't tell us who?

Maipele Morseu is the player.

Super talent who played out of position this year as we didnt have any halves but is a genuine play-making FB.

Its not certain yet what he is doing but I'll be annoyed if he goes.

roopy

Referee
Maipele Morseu is the player.

Super talent who played out of position this year as we didnt have any halves but is a genuine play-making FB.

Its not certain yet what he is doing but I'll be annoyed if he goes.
We had his older brother, George, for four years till this year. He was unlucky to not get a run for the Centurions this year i thought.

Very odd gene pool. Maipele a small and lightning fast fullback - George a big prop.