What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nz to win a medal really soon

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Diehard said:
I give them the gold medal for the amount of people that abandon their shores. :lol:
Not sure about that, the Chinese and lebanese would give us a hard fight... at least we usually go home at some point! :p

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
nibbs said:
just a matter of time now. c'mon nz!!!
Sonia Wadell's still in with a chance as she'll get a chance to go through in the repechage, and if she should win that comfortably if she's a genuine contender.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
nibbs said:
i don't think she's a chance imho
Like I said, capsizing in the first heat makes no difference. If she's a real prospect she'll win the repechage, if she doesn't do that she was never a chance anyway.

El Diablo

Post Whore
SpaceMonkey said:
Raider_69 said:
we are olympic champions at sportsmanship
Judging by this thread your form's deserted you quicker than Parra or the Warriors this season :p

NZ win more medals per capita than pretty much anyone except Aussie and Cuba so we'd actually get the bronze at NOT sucking....

Rubbish. NZ came 24th in the medal tally per capita last Olympics.

See here

DIEHARD

----
It's not a matter about people hating on NZ.

It's about people not caring about it's existance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OVP

Coach
Diehard said:
It's not a matter about people hating on NZ.

It's about people not caring about it's existance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats a good point by diehard tho .... the only reason reason there is a trans-Tasman rivalry is because NZ are the only ones who care about it. Not to be arrogant about it, but Australia has bigger fish to fry these days, especially the yanks in the swimming :twisted: 8)

JJ

Immortal
SpaceMonkey said:
nibbs said:
Like I said, capsizing in the first heat makes no difference. If she's a real prospect she'll win the repechage, if she doesn't do that she was never a chance anyway.

It wasn't her that capsized, it was the pair!

She's a chance to make the final, and an oustide chance to medal (not gold though).

Evers-Swindell sisters are as close to certainties as you can get - competition scared off.

Ulmer should medal, hopefully gold, same with Fouey.

Fouey and Ferguson are a good chance, as is Doherty in triathlon (Carter some chance too).

Not much else though...maybe a yachtie or two will medal...
Still, per capita we'll outdo most.

Raider_69

Post Whore
havnt they won one yet?

face it there best chance in a Steven Bradbury type medal (ALA our sync. divers :lol: )

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
El Duque said:
SpaceMonkey said:
Raider_69 said:
we are olympic champions at sportsmanship
Judging by this thread your form's deserted you quicker than Parra or the Warriors this season :p

NZ win more medals per capita than pretty much anyone except Aussie and Cuba so we'd actually get the bronze at NOT sucking....

Rubbish. NZ came 24th in the medal tally per capita last Olympics.

See here

How is that rubbish? 24th out of 160-odd still puts them above most of the world.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
JJ said:
SpaceMonkey said:
nibbs said:

It wasn't her that capsized, it was the pair!

She's a chance to make the final, and an oustide chance to medal (not gold though).
Sorry my mistake but the same rule applies, if you're a chance and something happens in the heats you should be able to come through the repechage no worries.

Latest posts