What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nz to win a medal really soon

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Diehard said:
It's not a matter about people hating on NZ.

It's about people not caring about it's existance. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then why all the Aussies in this thread who seem so keen on bagging out NZ? You don't genrally see us bagging Australia unless it's in a sport where we're playing you. Poor form Aussies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
SpaceMonkey said:
El Duque said:
SpaceMonkey said:
Raider_69 said:
we are olympic champions at sportsmanship
Judging by this thread your form's deserted you quicker than Parra or the Warriors this season :p

NZ win more medals per capita than pretty much anyone except Aussie and Cuba so we'd actually get the bronze at NOT sucking....

Rubbish. NZ came 24th in the medal tally per capita last Olympics.

See here

How is that rubbish? 24th out of 160-odd still puts them above most of the world.

It's rubbish as you were saying you came third per capita.

JJ

Immortal
El Duque you do have a short memory -

Tell us, how many medals did Aust win at Montreal?? How about Los Angeles??

Raider_69

Post Whore
ill take a wild stab and assume that being a far superior nation, more than new zealend won

JJ

Immortal
I said Gold - you only seem to like winners, so stick with them. Gold medals in 1976 and 1984 please El Duque...

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
I said Gold - you only seem to like winners, so stick with them. Gold medals in 1976 and 1984 please El Duque...

No you didn't.

JJ said:
El Duque you do have a short memory -

Tell us, how many medals did Aust win at Montreal?? How about Los Angeles??

You realised we won more medals so changed the argument.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Both of which place Australia way behind NZ per capita. If you added up all the medals for all olympics you'd probably find that NZ and AUstralia score about the same per capita. It's an accepted fact that Australia had an unusually good Olympics in Sydney (being the hosts), and NZ performd well below expectations.

JJ

Immortal
El Duque said:
JJ said:

The original statement had nothing to do with medal colour.

No, I knew full well that you won a grand total of 0 golds at Montreal (we won 2).

I also know that we won 8 golds at Los Angeles, and you won only 4.... and we did that without even standing up!!

I applaud Australian achievement in sport, but if you take a longer-term look at it we've done just as well as you...

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
El Duque said:
JJ said:

No, I knew full well that you won a grand total of 0 golds at Montreal (we won 2).

I also know that we won 8 golds at Los Angeles, and you won only 4.... and we did that without even standing up!!

I applaud Australian achievement in sport, but if you take a longer-term look at it we've done just as well as you...

You won 1 in Montreal and 7 in LA.

You still have strayed from the original argument.

How about you list Golds at all other Olympics?

JJ

Immortal
El Duque said:
JJ said:
El Duque said:
JJ said:

No we won 2 and 8.

1976 John Walker 1500m
Men's Hockey - who did we beat now?? ummm :oops: NZ 1 - Aust 0 :lol:
Gold: Alan Thompson - K-1 1000m (kayak)
Gold: Ian Ferguson - K-1 500m (kayak)
Gold: Ian Ferguson/Paul MacDonald - K-2 500m (kayak)
Gold: New Zealand - K-4 1000m (kayak)
Gold: Mark Todd - Equestrian (individual mixed)
Gold: Coxed fours (rowing)
Gold: Chris Timms/Rex Sellers - Tornado (yachting)
Gold: Russell Coutts - Finn (yachting)

sorry - get your facts straight.

And all time, we win more per capita..

I'm not belittling Australian success, it's great. But we do ok.... Heard of people like Halberg, Snell (named 3rd greatest male Olympian since 1960 by ESPN), Lovelock, Ferguson....)

At least I have some knowledge and respect of Australian sportspeople

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
El Duque said:
JJ said:
El Duque said:
JJ said:

No we won 2 and 8.

1976 John Walker 1500m
Men's Hockey - who did we beat now?? ummm :oops: NZ 1 - Aust 0 :lol:
Gold: Alan Thompson - K-1 1000m (kayak)
Gold: Ian Ferguson - K-1 500m (kayak)
Gold: Ian Ferguson/Paul MacDonald - K-2 500m (kayak)
Gold: New Zealand - K-4 1000m (kayak)
Gold: Mark Todd - Equestrian (individual mixed)
Gold: Coxed fours (rowing)
Gold: Chris Timms/Rex Sellers - Tornado (yachting)
Gold: Russell Coutts - Finn (yachting)

sorry - get your facts straight.

Sorry, my mistske.

And all time, we win more per capita..

Are we talking Gold or have you decided to change the debate AGAIN and go back to medals of any colour?

Do you know who's won more Gold per capita all time?

JJ

Immortal
:roll: yawn - I am getting bored - to be clear, my point was that both countries do bloody well by pretty much any measure...

Your posts seem to miss that, and were pretty derogatory, like I say, both countries can be proud of what they've done. And your current success has a lot to do with the failures in Montreal and LA - I think ploicies changed and Govt funding and strategies changed in response to that

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
:roll: yawn - I am getting bored - to be clear, my point was that both countries do bloody well by pretty much any measure...

pffffft

You're getting bored because you decide to keep changing from gold medals won to medals won of any colour depending on which suits your argument.

Stick to one or the other.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
so besides boating/rowing type events NZ'ers are pretty rubbish
Hey, we live on an island you'd expect us to be good at it! and besides swimming's just boating/rowing for poor people :p

ozbash

Referee
valerie adams- shot put
sonia waddel- rower
the horsey people- horsey riding
of course the twins will piss in
sarah ulmer
queen bea
fuohy and fergo

the list goes on and on

we,ll get more than oz per head

we,ll need a semi trailer.