What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O/T: Foran, Rothfield and Hayson

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
you dont know that at all,

you're not exactly qualified in that area and I daresay you've never met him so its a bit of a stretch to be able to diagnose him from behind your keyboard
I don't need to be a doctor to know that if he was motivated by huge money when he signed with us, that motivation probably didn't completely leave him when he went mad.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well there is a lot of uncertainty in those last few posts so you gave me plenty to work with

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I get paid to make assessments so my analysis is pretty sound. You don't need to be a soothsayer to know Foran gave up a lot by leaving.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You merkins get it for free but the quality is the same, have no fear.

If I tell you a pair of dice probably won't come up double sixes and then it comes up double sixes, it doesn't mean I was wrong. Though it does probably mean I am tPB.

I think Pou's comments are fair.

How would having a release affected his ability to get assistance? If anything, having a professional organisation assisting with his needs would have made his situation more hopeful.

So, I agree with Pou and think Twizzle is just being a dicknose.

phantom eel

First Grade
You merkins get it for free but the quality is the same, have no fear.
Lol, if the quality of the #poulogic that you post on here is the same as what you offer in return for payment, the fear should be all yours...

In terms of Foran, meh. We were starting down the path of breaches for non-compliance with injury rehab, and he (his manager) was simply smart enough to take a settlement/payment with the release while he could still get it. Everyone's a winner - Foran got paid for the year, and we get out of what would have been a more costly than expected contract (with no guarantee of any returns, the way Foran was headed).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Pou's comments are fair.

How would having a release affected his ability to get assistance? If anything, having a professional organisation assisting with his needs would have made his situation more hopeful.

So, I agree with Pou and think Twizzle is just being a dicknose.

me ?

never

Happy MEel

First Grade
Lol, if the quality of the #poulogic that you post on here is the same as what you offer in return for payment, the fear should be all yours...

In terms of Foran, meh. We were starting down the path of breaches for non-compliance with injury rehab, and he (his manager) was simply smart enough to take a settlement/payment with the release while he could still get it. Everyone's a winner - Foran got paid for the year, and we get out of what would have been a more costly than expected contract (with no guarantee of any returns, the way Foran was headed).
Completely agree and don't forget Foran then gets to leaves the media pressure cooker that is the Parramatta Eels to avoid some of the spotlight on some of his other issues.

phantom eel

First Grade
Foran himself has been out of the media... there are speculative articles, but very few with Foran actually involved, being quoted, or his whereabouts reported.

Massive improvement from the pressure he was under pre-release.

And he's being paid for the year to get him through until end October... Given Hayne endured two months of "unemployment" before he started to panic, I'd only worry if Foran doesn't have a club in place by Christmas. (Warriors are a lock in though... especially now with supercoach Kearney.)

Noise

Coach
And he's being paid for the year to get him through until end October... Given Hayne endured two months of "unemployment" before he started to panic, I'd only worry if Foran doesn't have a club in place by Christmas. (Warriors are a lock in though... especially now with supercoach Kearney.)

Souths...for a fair bit less than 600k too.

bartman

Immortal
Guess it comes down to a choie between his godfather/svengali, and access to his kids.

Even from NZ Foran could probably negotiate a day off in Sydney after every away game, which is probably the same access to his family that he'd get if he was living nearby anyway?

Latest posts