What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observations on Supporters

aids

Bench
:the final in a trilogy of crappy threads:

this is a just a short one, but put down things you have noticed about other teams and there supporters.

no typical " Dogs fans are Mediterranean Descendants, roosters fans drink latte", something differnt but true you have noticed.

for example:

* sydney's heroin using population seem to love the roosters.
a lot of addicts i see around the around either have a roosters hats, shorts or shirts, more so than any other club.
also, chicken shop owners love the roosters as well, this might be connected to the above observation, but i don't know what it is.

* raiders fans don't live in canberra

* parra fans have a good sense of humor

* taxi drivers love the tigers and manly

* i have only met 3 rabbitohs supporters in my life, and they bear grudges.

* newcastle is league crazy, the whole town, it's great.

* i don't know a single penriff fan.

* bulldogs fans have/are pretty girlfriends.

* nulla fans love owning their own ground, just ask one.

* cowboy fans are or were in the armed forces

that's all i got

Choppies

Coach
Rabbitohs supporters only come out against the Roosters, Dragons, Tigers and on public holiday games. Usually from my observations the ones who like to abuse other supporters of these groups NEVER have Rabbitohs colours on.

Penrith fans are funny bastards.
Raiders fans are very passionate.
A majority of Roosters fans dont live in the East and don't want to.

Moffo

Referee
dragon fans only sing when they're winning

roosters have the biggest bandwagon support base

miccle

Bench
Roosters crowds are only loud when they are in front (the 2004 prelim final against the Cowboys typified this - despite being a broncos fan I was there cheering on the cows and 12 of us drowned out a full bay of roosters fans until the dying minutes).

innsaneink

Referee
*Many many Bulldogs fans in the Mt Druitt area.

*The most non-sydney team jerseys I see people wearing in every day life (not games) in Sydney is Canberra.

*You see someone in a Souths jersey at every game.

*Newtown fans today are VERY different to those of 30 years ago.

aids

Bench
innsaneink said:

my wife and i play wheres wally with souths jereseys at every game we go too, it seems true

Eelementary

Post Whore
I can see this thread exploding...

But for the record, every Bulldogs fan that I have met in person is a champ...I know about 7 blokes who support the Dogs - four of them are 'Middle Eastern', if you will (not that that matters, really).

But they're champs - great blokes.

Same goes for a lot of Manly supporters I've met.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Tigers have one of the highest granny ratios in the NRL
lots of 13-17 yr old girls are Panther fans
at least 5 Dogs fans turn up to every Parra game to go for the other mob
Same with the Tigers
2 3rds of the Tigers fans own a plastic Tiger mask

brendothejet

First Grade
NEw Zealand fans are for 99% of it nice people and good sports.

Roosters fans won't travel.

Magpies fans leave after premier league

Hurriflatch

Referee
Manly fans skip out on bets

Just a personal experience was waiting in line for the gates to open before a Manly v Parra game at Brookie in 1998 the game where the Westpac Medivac landed on the field to take Nathan Cayless to hosptial.

anyway while waiting got to talking to a Manly fan and made a $50 bet with him on who will win.

Parra won the match by about 38-12 and I couldn't find him anywhere after the match

ozzie

Bench
brendothejet said:
Roosters fans won't travel.

CRAP -have you looked at the crowd stATS. Roosters draw big crowds are you saying they are all home team supporters?? Not bad for a club that averages over 16000 at home and away matches

brook

First Grade
a lot of Manly fans (generally the ones I know in person rather than online) have a MAJOR persecution complex, they take the 'everyone hates Manly' thing WAY too personally.

tiger_nick

Bench
innsaneink said:

Hahaa so true!

My fav are Dragons fans, they are soo cocky the whole season thinking they are unstoppable. Most can't work out why the NRL insist on finals when its obvious Saints are going to win, they should just be presented with the trophy and be done with it. Then when they crash and burn (like every year) we see two types of Dragons fans emerge:

1) Stupid - These are the fans that believe there was a conspiracy by the NRL, Fox, Phil Gould, Channel 9, George Bush, the Nigerian Government and Harry Potter against St.George winning the comp. Thats the only way to explain it. Its a fact that St.George have NEVER EVER lost a game due to the other team playing better or them playing poorly, its always been the refs fault.

2) Angry - These are the fans that want the merger to end and everyone from the players to the CEO to the coach to the ball boys to the cheer leaders sacked. Its the Illawarra sides fault they didnt win the comp due to their 'losing culture.' Never mind that Illawarra provide three quarters of the team. Or that during the time the Steelers were in the comp they won as much as St.George did (sweet fa). No, its Illawarras fault.

Hurriflatch

Referee
tiger_nick said:
Its a fact that St.George have NEVER EVER lost a game due to the other team playing better or them playing poorly, its always been the refs fault.

To be fair there are a lot of fans of the other 14 clubs that say the same thing

Latest posts