What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observations on Supporters

Angry_eel

First Grade
*There are a lot of brisbane supporters in Blacktown area of sydney.
*the 13-17 crowd in western sydney suddenly become parra supporters when parra are going better(2001 is a perfect example)
*in 2003(or whenever warriors were excellent) all the kiwi australians in Western sydney magically became warriors supporters and changed back to original teams the next season.
*people who say they don't support anybody are either roosters fans or souths fan.
*Bulldog jersey has become a hip-hop fashion accesory
*most of muslims youth(not just middle eastern) are bulldogs supporters

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
by the looks of things...

-Broncos fans like to believe things about their team from the courier mail

-Panthers fans are made up of teenyboppers out in the westie area... just go and check out panthers on friday nites

-seriously... in liverpool... before you dont hardly see a tiggers supporter anywhere but now... they just poped out like rabbits...

-most roosters fans have a good sense of humour and never take jokes fully seriously

-knights fans are the most passionate league fans in the nrl

-there are over 100,000 rabbitohs supporters but only 5,000 of them turn up to their home games...

Stranger

Coach
Tigers have one of the highest granny ratios in the NRL
Knights fans definately have the largest number of granny supporters... and beleive me, you do not want to piss them off... handbags hurt...

Alot of the asian league followers, like the warriors and support the Kewis.

There is a souths jumper at everygame, and the druggos do tend to follow Roosters.

Shark park has the most under-age drinkers.

Bomber

Bench
Broncos fans expect to win the competition every single year.

When Parramatta lose in the finals, it was the result of some unforseen, apocalyptic, seismic event - the one-in-a-million chance that their team could actually lose. It's never a result of the opposition actually playing better than the Eels.

Souths fans are more likely to be defensive about the form of their team.

Canberra fans are the complete opposite.

thickos

First Grade
Interesting thread!

* Agree on a lot of late teen/early 20's male Raiders fans. We all got hooked during the glory days.

* Sydney based Raiders fans travel regularly... to home games :lol: (I know that damn highway like the back of my hand...)

* Souths fans think their club is god's gift to Rugby League, 'Pride of the League' and all that garbage... guess what, the game survived without ya for those couple of years!

* Tigers fans wear the most retro or old school jerseys.

* Dragons fans always hate the coach/CEO at their club

sooperdooper

First Grade
great topic and some great points shown:
my bit:
*dragons have the best and most banners
*full house at parra stadium against a great rival is great atmosphere (eagles semi, dragons) (bit bias )
*i agree with the souths jerseys
*as someone said many souths supporters who never seem to go to games

there have been many great points brought up

Souths fans have an average total of 16 teeth and generally easily pleased
Saints fans are dreamers
Dont mind the riff fans, although there flag army could do with an upgrade
Most raiders fans i know are laid back and realistic
Broncos fans arrogant turds
Dont know any cowboys fans, but they are persistant
Warriors fans, remind me of the dude from "once were warriors"
Sharks Fans desperate
Manly fans boring
Knights fans are loud and over bearing
Tigers fans tripled in numbers when they won, Followers
I know and have had alot of run ins with dogs fans, 30% decent 70% scum then again most of those guys arent fans anyway.
I ahte parra fans with a passion, they are the biggest bandwagoners in sport today, after 5 games last season they were booing their team off, tearing up season tickets, staying away from the games in their droves, then a couple of wins and everythings sweet, gee it was good to see those buffoons choke again.

Now finally the Roosters, i hate to bag my own but gee we have alot of bandwagoners, not quite as many as other teams, most of us guys like to talk it up but unlike many of teams supporters we are realistic and say what we feel not what people want to hear, we are passionate,proud and protective of all that is rooster(except brett finch).
We are not arrogant we are confident

innsaneink

Referee
Knightmare said:
* Tigers fans are rougher round the edges and more working class than even fans of "westie" teams like Parramatta or Penrith.

You can be proud of scars......:lol:

Though my WTs friends from Bircchgrove and Hunters Hill may disagree.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Parramatta have the most bandwagon supporters.. I live there and when they lose a few games you do not see anyone wearing Parramatta gear..

the younger Bulldogs fans have a major chip on their shoulder..

Penrith fans have a good sense of humour and are down to earth..

Souths fans always think it's the ref's fault.

Sharks fans are westies who live by the sea..

Dragons fans think they are unbeatable but suddenly when they fall behind in a final give up on their team..

Tigers fans have suddenly become extremely arrogant with a few exceptions..

Manly fans don't travel

Roosters fans are cheapskates.. I was talking to Peter Wynn and he told me the Roosters gear always goes like hotcakes when they have a clearance sale.. they sell faster than any other teams including the Eels. They cannot clear Souths, Raiders and Panthers gear no matter how much they mark them down..

Bronco's fans in Sydney use to follow the Eels or Manly and beneath their arrogant exterior are usually pretty down to earth..

Knights fans are extremely passionate almost obsessive

The Raiders fans in Sydney are extremely passionate, all 20 of them.

Warriors fans are cool..

sooperdooper

First Grade
rufus youngblood said:
Souths fans have an average total of 16 teeth and generally easily pleased
Saints fans are dreamers
Dont mind the riff fans, although there flag army could do with an upgrade
Most raiders fans i know are laid back and realistic
Broncos fans arrogant turds
Dont know any cowboys fans, but they are persistant
Warriors fans, remind me of the dude from "once were warriors"
Sharks Fans desperate
Manly fans boring
Knights fans are loud and over bearing
Tigers fans tripled in numbers when they won, Followers
I know and have had alot of run ins with dogs fans, 30% decent 70% scum then again most of those guys arent fans anyway.
I ahte parra fans with a passion, they are the biggest bandwagoners in sport today, after 5 games last season they were booing their team off, tearing up season tickets, staying away from the games in their droves, then a couple of wins and everythings sweet, gee it was good to see those buffoons choke again.

Now finally the Roosters, i hate to bag my own but gee we have alot of bandwagoners, not quite as many as other teams, most of us guys like to talk it up but unlike many of teams supporters we are realistic and say what we feel not what people want to hear, we are passionate,proud and protective of all that is rooster(except brett finch).
We are not arrogant we are confident

your an idiot!
last year the eels supporters were doing that? i think not, try the season before.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
Parramatta have the most bandwagon supporters.. I live there and when they lose a few games you do not see anyone wearing Parramatta gear..

the younger Bulldogs fans have a major chip on their shoulder..

Penrith fans have a good sense of humour and are down to earth..

Souths fans always think it's the ref's fault.

Sharks fans are westies who live by the sea..

Dragons fans think they are unbeatable but suddenly when they fall behind in a final give up on their team..

Tigers fans have suddenly become extremely arrogant with a few exceptions..

Manly fans don't travel

Roosters fans are cheapskates.. I was talking to Peter Wynn and he told me the Roosters gear always goes like hotcakes when they have a clearance sale.. they sell faster than any other teams including the Eels. They cannot clear Souths, Raiders and Panthers gear no matter how much they mark them down..

Bronco's fans in Sydney use to follow the Eels or Manly and beneath their arrogant exterior are usually pretty down to earth..

Knights fans are extremely passionate almost obsessive

The Raiders fans in Sydney are extremely passionate, all 20 of them.

Warriors fans are cool..

i also live in the parra area and disagree with you there...

brook

First Grade
sunny said:
I don't know in person a single Sharks, Warriors, Cowboys or Storm fan

I you live in Sydney thats probably not unusual - 3 of them are out of town teams and the other may as well be (I have only ever met a single sharks fan that didn't live in the shire and he was a yank who had lived in cronulla when he first moved to Australia)

sunny

Tigers fans were very thin on the ground before this year. There only seemed to be about 10 Tigers fans before this year, and most of 'em were friends/acquaintances of mine.

smeghead

Bench
Melbourne and Canberra Fans: Both are intolerable to be around if they are beating your team. But after the game you can sit down and analyse the game with them and they are very friendly and on the whole have a great respect for interstate fans who make the journey

sunny

brook said:
I you live in Sydney thats probably not unusual - 3 of them are out of town teams and the other may as well be (I have only ever met a single sharks fan that didn't live in the shire and he was a yank who had lived in cronulla when he first moved to Australia)

Actually, if you discount people I used to know and only count people who I currently know/are friends with, then I don't presently know any Sharks, Broncos, Cowboys, Knights, Raiders, Storm or Warriors fans. (I only know one Manly fan and she's an absolute bitch who hates me and vice versa :p).

I need to get more non-Sydney team friends :lol:

Latest posts