What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observations on Supporters

Parra Guru

Coach
simon says said:
I dont understand this bandwagon thing.....we have always had a good following.And this is the first year that we have gone really well.Every team has better crowds when they are going well.

All the posters and Tigers fans I know have been going for years and doing it tough.

Bandwagon????

I agree with you Nick. I don't nessescarily think it's a bunch of people joining the bandwagon as such, just people dusting the cob webs off their jerseys.

Parra have the same problem when we are travelling well, I guess the Tigers fans became more noticable during the final series and the dramatic increase in numbers is usually what p!sses people off!!

I respect league supporters, but I respect people who stay true and support their team with pride, especially through the rough patches just that little bit more!

innsaneink

Referee
Misty Bee said:
From my experience the most widely supported (geograpghically) teams are Saints, Parra and the Dogs, with Manly and Rooster fans suddenly emerging during winning times.

Manly fans usually admit to being Manly fans just to cause arguments with someone. A Manly fan who remembers Tom Mooney is a rare person.

People who would get married at their local football stadium, or who would wear a replica jumper they knitted would usually be Souths fans. People without dentures are usually Souths fans.

Penrith fans have absolutely no allegience to any former club identities.

Tigers fans usually celebrate hard when Parra lose for some reason.

Plenty of Shire residents are Saints supporters. Seems an unwritten law exists that a Saints/Cronulla fan can't ever have a feeling of interest toward both clubs. Saints fans that I know, oddly, have problems understanding other clubs rivalries.

Souths fans love to buy bumper stickers.

Broncos supporters have funny nativity scenes at Christmas. In the manger sits a very small Wayne Bennet, at whose every curt grumble they worship. If they don't win, it's the ref's fault, and if the ref is above reproach, they blame someone in Sydney.

Warriors fans say 'bro' a lot.

Cowboys fans see an urgent need to buy a stupid hat with every jersey. They also don't know how to be verbal after a win.

Manly fans can carry an argument.

Cronulla fans are similar to Manly fans, except they usually do so with a fake westie accent. I've never seen a Cronulla fan sucessfully bait a Manly fan.

Norths fans were intense, but always respected the opposition.

Penrith jumpers are more popular at Centerlink.

A lot of disabled people support Parramatta.

Bronco fans automatically hate anything to do with ARL, Newcastle or Sydney.

Souths fans?????????????

LOL....:lol:

hahaha

Parra Guru

Coach
Jobdog said:
Hmmm PG, i dont know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing that we're the worst "home supporters" or not...................... What makes u hav th opinion we're the worst "home crowd"? Is it cos we're so freaking passionate-borderline obsessive??

Bad experience at Marathon.... people being abused and having beer thrown on them just because they're wearing the Blue and Gold.

I'm not saying that all Knights supporters are like that, but sometimes it's the ferals that ruin it for everyone else!! In saying that, I have a lot of respect for the Knights fans who travel to the Sydney games each week.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Parra Guru said:
Bad experience at Marathon.... people being abused and having beer thrown on them just because they're wearing the Blue and Gold.

I'm not saying that all Knights supporters are like that, but sometimes it's the ferals that ruin it for everyone else!! In saying that, I have a lot of respect for the Knights fans who travel to the Sydney games each week.
Yeh i must admit thats something which p!sses me off - ppl who throw sh!t at other fans. There is no rule saying u cant support ur team no matter where they're playing, just as long as u arent causing trouble doing so. I must say that the majority of Knights fans are good ppl, but there are a certain group of about 20 who go around doing what ur saying.

Btw does that mean u hav a lot of respect for me cos I always travel to Sydney every week (especially last year as well ;-) ) :p

RABK

Referee
What about the Knights fans who live in Sydney wh otravel everywhere to support the mighty knights? :D

Parra Guru

Coach
Parra Guru said:
I respect league supporters, but I respect people who stay true and support their team with pride, especially through the rough patches just that little bit more!

Since you guys are still here pledging alleigance to the Knights, I'd say yes!

RABK

Referee
One incident i did witness at EAS against the Dragons in i think RD 11 of last year was the Dragon Army been shut up. A few members of theirs were talking themselves up here on the forums and they were quite loud sitting on the hill, a bunch of about 4 very drunk Newie supporters camped behind them and started pelting them with beer cans.

They packed up shop pretty quick lol.

RABK

Referee
Parra Guru said:
Since you guys are still here pledging alleigance to the Knights, I'd say yes!

Lol, i went to more games last year then any other year! :lol:

From memory i attended 21 games last year, 18 in a row at one stage. It was all worth it for that late season streak. :)

Parra Guru

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
One incident i did witness at EAS against the Dragons in i think RD 11 of last year was the Dragon Army been shut up. A few members of theirs were talking themselves up here on the forums and they were quite loud sitting on the hill, a bunch of about 4 very drunk Newie supporters camped behind them and started pelting them with beer cans.

They packed up shop pretty quick lol.

That's bullsh!t. No supporter deserves that - no matter how loud they are or which team they support.

RABK

Referee
Parra Guru said:
That's bullsh!t. No supporter deserves that - no matter how loud they are or which team they support.

I didn't say it was good, just more highlighting the yobbo part of Newie you were tlaking about.

Parra Guru

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
I didn't say it was good, just more highlighting the yobbo part of Newie you were tlaking about.

:lol: fair enough, the minority ruining it for the majority as usual I guess!

sunny

Tigers fans probably have the biggest range of personalities. Some nice blokes but some absolute turds there as well.

sunny

As far as disliking management at their own club goes, Parra fans and St George fans by a country mile.