What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

%$#@ off Benji

Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli 😎

Id rather have us being smashed this year than winning a couple of extra games under Lee and his fedora stormtroopers.

Young Galvin sought a release before he’d actually played in first grade which is a bit precious and undercooked.

I had to laugh tbh.

If Stef wants to leave, he can go too.

Those Penrith signings are high quality, you look at JL tonight and try to reconcile that Ivan let him go because he was worried about Edwards..

JL will be the most sorely missed Panther in years. He is on another level and I’m sure he will attract quality.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
So we sack Benji and who would come to us that could actually have us winning more games with our average roster? We have a team full of people who are stop gap or average. What we need is better defence and fitness coaches.

Nutz

Bench
So we sack Benji and who would come to us that could actually have us winning more games with our average roster? We have a team full of people who are stop gap or average. What we need is better defence and fitness coaches.
Mate I'm putting a lot of faith in Richo. He's cleaning the joint up and hopefully he and benji can replace crap players with better players.
It's both their first year's hey.
Surely we all knew this was going to happen this year.
I want Sezer back to instill some experience and calmness into that shot backline. If only he was 5 years younger cause he would go well with Luai as sezer is a lot like the chin.

Can someone tell me how to get rid of auto correct, it's dunning me heed inn.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, I guess we have no choice but to keep changing things, until we get it right.
Getting a great coach would be good, but getting the right coach would be better and who knows who that might be.

I wouldn't be sacking Benji at this time though, we all need to see what happens next year (again unfortunately) before that decision is made. But I think our attack (Farah) needs to be reviewed.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The juniors we have to fast track dont appear to be that great anyway 🙁
The plan of focusing on our juniors might not be too bad of there is plenty of talent there and the stand out ones are happy to play in a team finishing bottom 16 at best.

Nutz

Bench
You just sacked a coach same problem still exists sacking another will not solve anything.You need to fast track your juniors it takes time but gives you years of talent
We have guys coming through from our Harold Matts grand final winning team like Galvin but that sook wants out before his nads even drop...DaSilva is a future star and is behind Api but should come off the bench and get more game time next year now that Simpkins is leaving...Big Jordan Miller is going to be a goodin but is a flabby guts atm and needs to be fitter and there are others chomping on the bit.
You raise a very good point though.
Apart from a logistical problem with kids at school travelling etc, I'd like to see a united West's Tigers pathway system so the talent is centralised and more competitive. It's dumb having Western Suburbs winning and Balmain losing or at times playing against each other.
One club and not a fractured one...oh and yeh, save LO!

Why your junior base is huge .You need to look deeper into the pathways and find where it is going wrong in the development
Staff id think.

Tim was managing it for awhile, that’s part of the reason he was here for, then he had 20 year flashbacks of grandeur, failed at every thing he did and skulked back to his home country.

Our fault for giving him the keys to the Kingswood.

Them for the most part, we would spend big bringing them along and then they want out before playing first grade.

You guys are forever whinging about stolen junior valour, we understand.

It’s more important to build a club people want to play for, which we’ve only just embarked on with accompanying teething issues.

But we know a lot is going on behind the scenes. When your ceo travels, it’s serious.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Staff id think.

Tim was managing it for awhile, that’s part of the reason he was here for, then he had 20 year flashbacks of grandeur, failed at every thing he did and skulked back to his home country.

Our fault for giving him the keys to the Kingswood.

Them for the most part, we would spend big bringing them along and then they want out before playing first grade.

You guys are forever whinging about stolen junior valour, we understand.

It’s more important to build a club people want to play for, which we’ve only just embarked on with accompanying teething issues.

But we know a lot is going on behind the scenes. When your ceo travels, it’s serious.
"Not the Kingswood"

We have guys coming through from our Harold Matts grand final winning team like Galvin but that sook wants out before his nads even drop...DaSilva is a future star and is behind Api but should come off the bench and get more game time next year now that Simpkins is leaving...Big Jordan Miller is going to be a goodin but is a flabby guts atm and needs to be fitter and there are others chomping on the bit.
You raise a very good point though.
Apart from a logistical problem with kids at school travelling etc, I'd like to see a united West's Tigers pathway system so the talent is centralised and more competitive. It's dumb having Western Suburbs winning and Balmain losing or at times playing against each other.
One club and not a fractured one...oh and yeh, save LO!

You have the biggest talent pool going around
Balmain
Wests
Group 6

3 regions to eventually choose from. Other Districts would give their left arm to have the same talent at their disposal

Nutz

Bench
Put them on on steroids early and take them to the pub, snap some pool cues and sleep in garden beds...that will fast track them. Or kill them, which ever comes first.

If Benji goes does it mean your club can finally cut ties with anyone associated with the 2005 team having any role in the operations of the club?

Penrith had a flash in the pan premiership in 2003 (and a good follow up season in 2004) but even our at times incompetent management never tried rolling out Craig Gower or Tony Puletua during bad times in senior operational rules.

Benji/Farah IIRC played in three finals series in their entire Tigers' careers. Neither in their public facing profiles exude the grit and intensity that you need from those in leadership positions.

Edit: I just remembered that Todd Payten could be available soon...

As players around 8 members of the grand final team left the club and returned to play for us again (Fitzhenry, Richards, Benji, Robbie, Skandalis, Halatau plus Fulton and Elford if you want to get pedantic). Then you factor in Benji, Farah and Heighington currently on the coaching staff, or even Sheens fresh off the back of suing the club.

Ironically Payten was an assistant to Potter and was actively trying to shaft him and take his job and was promptly moved on. Wouldn’t be upset if we did employ him now but for 20 years anyone who was part of that team has been able to steal a pay cheque from the club.

gordsy

Juniors
So lets say we piss Marshall off, what do you think managers would be saying to players ?What coach would we get that has had great success in turning clubs around that are on the market now ? If we wanted to go down that path we should have signed Flanno as coach.

So lets say we piss Marshall off, what do you think managers would be saying to players ?What coach would we get that has had great success in turning clubs around that are on the market now ? If we wanted to go down that path we should have signed Flanno as coach.
If we need a new coach, I’d say Brad Arthur is ready-made to turn our fortunes around.

Statistically he wins 300% more games than Benji and after a couple years made the eels competitive for some time.

All things being equal, he’d have us at 6 wins now, add the byes and we’d be in the top 8.

That’s instead of expecting to lose and hoping we can stay within 12-18 points.

Why we bet on a rookie coach to take us into yet another new era is baffling.

Im sure he means well and all that, but it’s a business decision. He will probably see the year out because we move at a glacial pace to effect any substantive change.

As the losses mount, I’m expecting him and Richo to become somewhat estranged. Richo can and will sack coaches no matter what. That’s how he rolls.

PS cheese is ready to leave the roosters.

I don’t want to miss Brad if we can help it.

Last edited: