What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offer to rein withdrawn

Mr Red

First Grade
Parramatta

Not too sure about that,
I rate Isaac De Gois far more competent in the basics..ie passing. Only thing he's got going against him is he's 31 so maybe they could look at rein as a replacement due to him retiring soon,..

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Marketo will be a good hooker for us and will handle the position well with experience
Too early to tell. His tackling is at least as good as Rein's, his ball distribution better, his kicking skills are about the same, running from dummy half not as good and not sure what he's like at "reading" a game, not that Rein could do that either.

If nothing else he will cost less than Rein and be no worse. Can he play 80 minutes?

Zucchini

Juniors
I predicted over a month ago rein to sharks dragons again are stuffing our local players not paying what they are worth on the open market. Look morris brothers merrin bird now rein he will go to another club and coach with a better structure and will be a super star.
In order to be a "super star" he would first need to master the fundamentals, ie. passing.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Marketo will be a good hooker for us and will handle the position well with experience
Sorry FD i'm not holding my breath.He's just a back up. Imo Rein beats him hands down & he has shown under the current coach that he's not our answer so i cant see Jake as being an improvement.

nortyboi3

Juniors
I believe with time, Marketo could be a solid back up hooker that legitimately plays around 30-40 minutes a game. The only reason he has been getting so much criticism lately is because he is generally on the field for 15 minutes at the start of the game and then is ineffective in his little 10 minute stint evident from Sunday, where he played 26 minutes. We look better with Marketo on the field then Rein, which is a win/win for next year. We'll get rid of Rein and then look a better team with an actual hooker.

I believe with time, Marketo could be a solid back up hooker that legitimately plays around 30-40 minutes a game. The only reason he has been getting so much criticism lately is because he is generally on the field for 15 minutes at the start of the game and then is ineffective in his little 10 minute stint evident from Sunday, where he played 26 minutes. We look better with Marketo on the field then Rein, which is a win/win for next year. We'll get rid of Rein and then look a better team with an actual hooker.

Marketo is 28

He has been used as a utility player which has in turn hindered his development

In the lower grades was an effective ball player and acted as a second 5/8

Lacks the speed to excel at half or hooker

He is taking up cap space that should have been spent on blooding a junior

Another poor decision by Mary/recruitment

Latest posts