What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Kiwi Squad

NZ Warrior

First Grade
now, now waz,,, dried the girls off this morning so we are on the loose.

sammy has been the best in a pretty sad front row imo, he has certainly played better than cayless (he's in there by rep only) and sammy lifts the pace when the black jersey is worn.

C'mon, OB. Even barring the last game, Tuimavave has been outplaying Rapira. There's no way that Rapira deserved a Kiwis jersey, I wouldn't have even given one to Tuimavave. They've been rather lazy when they have really needed to step up.

I really hope Packer puts some pressure on the young bucks. They certainly need a kick up the arse, because after Packer, there is still Retzlaf & Ah Mau.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Fieny was a bit hard done by not making the squad. He has been playing some of his best footy since joining the Warriors.

Micistm

Bench
Hats off to them for showing some nads and pushing the issue. Probably won't work, but it is good to stand up to the Clubs rather than just not select because 'they say so.' It's crap, the constitution clearly sayd Country before Club, so let's see 'em put their money where their mouth is.
Otherwise, I like the squad. I'm hoping the **** from last year is behind them, I like the way they're doing and going about things.

Alehana

Juniors
perret on the wing?? i'd rather have tuiake or stanley (very suprised these didn't get it), congrats to nightengale, i wouldn't have picked him tbh, but he probs deserves it. Good to see Sa'a there, hes going to be a star one day. v.suprised about fa'alogo, i thought we was just a wreking ram, but i hope he proves me wrong, not a fan of kidwell, i think he's past his peak after he did that tackle of willie, unlucky to rapria, thought he deserved it (on what he's capable of) hope webb comes down, if not perret/hohiah will do a good job,
On the judges selections my team

1. webb
2. nightengale
3. Sa'a
4. soliolia
5. Perret (very very inclinced to put him there, would have tuiake)
6. roberts
7. Thomas
8. asotasi
9. luke
10. cayless
11. Willimas
12. pritchard
13. Mannering

14. Halatau
15. fa'alogo
16. Hohiah
17. Smith

18. Blair
if webb doesn't come to town, hohiah to fullback and blair to come in to reserves.

Good to blood new players, but my head says aus will win, but you can be sure as ever i'll be going for kiwis 100%.

Hope webb v webb,

macavity

Referee
can't believe you blokes didn't pick Jesse Royal. He has been one of the form front rowers going around this year. much better than Cayless, Smith or Blair.

having said that, glad you didn't - he is off contract and we want to keep him cheap.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Asotasi (c)
Blair
Cayless
Fa'alogo
Halatau
Hohaia
Kidwell
Luke
Leuluai
Mannering
Nightengale
Perret
Pritchard
Roberts
Sa
Smith (Storm)
Soliola
Webb
Williams

Needs more Steve Matai ;-), another guy who i thought would get selected but didnt was Greg Beastwood, isnt the flashiest player around, but he does roll up the sleeves and gets stuck into it.

F**k off Kidwell!!

Alehana

Juniors
Needs more Steve Matai ;-), another guy who i thought would get selected but didnt was Greg Beastwood, isnt the flashiest player around, but he does roll up the sleeves and gets stuck into it.

F**k off Kidwell!!

Agree with everything said there,

AliN

Live Update Team
interesting squad.
But after seing the Oz squad, we're going to get smashed..again.

mean

Juniors
Let's get a sports journalist in England to interview McLennan to get his view on why Leeds won't release Webb. And hopefully replaying to him during the interview all his p*ss and wind talk about English clubs not releasing players when he was the Kiwi coach.

One hit wonder Kidwell doesn't deserve a test spot as well. Has more to say off the field than action on it these days.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just another thing to throw into the mix, if Leeds won't release Webb for this game, what would the chances have been of getting McClennon back for it ???

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Must of backed off about dropping Asotasi - or SBW turned down captaincy to prevent bad feeling in camp.

Hence why kidwell was named? He is a leader both on and off the field. Assistant Coach maybe.lol

Glad Fien didnt get picked.

Remember some players wont play in a black jersey again, based on bad peformances on and off the field.

I think Matai should be in the mix either at centre or winger.

Through in Rapira, Harrison, Matai, Stanley, Marshall, Vatuvei and SKD - That will be a good world cup squad.

Good too see they picked Nightengale instead of Covell. REal glad.

ledzep

Bench
Glad Matai's not there for you guys, he's a liability imo
If you want to compete with the Kangaroos, you can't afford to have players like him giving away cheap penalties, rushing off the line, etc.

Halatau is sh*t. Id have eastwood in there any day. Kidwell is hack now, love his passion for the Kiwi jumper but hes had his day. Lance should be in the bench

JB

Juniors
TVNZ said that Kidwell won't get a game, will be 18th man

Wouldn't be suprised if that was just one of Stanaway's ramblings. He also tried to suggest Nightingale's inclusion was soley due to Wayne Bennett's connection with the Dragons. Wtf? Never mind the fact that he's actually been a form winger this year. Cant stand that prick!

MKEB...

Staff member
My guess is if Webb cant make it, Perrett will go into fullback and SKD will get a winger spot. If Lulu cant play then Hohaia will play half.

Damned glad Moimoi didnt get picked.

Craig Stanaway

Juniors
Wouldn't be suprised if that was just one of Stanaway's ramblings. He also tried to suggest Nightingale's inclusion was soley due to Wayne Bennett's connection with the Dragons. Wtf? Never mind the fact that he's actually been a form winger this year. Cant stand that prick!

Hey smartalec,

For some reason your post gets up my nose.

The facts are there was a telephone conference call involving the selectors and Kearney and Wayne Bennett. Bennett pushed for Nightingale and the others didn't think he was eligible. Wary the others are fearful of Grannygate 2, Bennett gets his wife to ring Nightingale's parents while the conference call is going. Nightingale's parents confirm their New Zealand connections and its relayed back into the teleconference. The team naming is delayed and nearly misses the 6pm news on both networks in New Zealand as the NZRL waits on birth certificates to be faxed to them and then onto the relevant parties to prove his heritage. Once that is confirmed, Nightingale is confirmed in the squad. 24 hours ago he wasn't being considered but because of Bennett's inside knowledge, he's there.

Not ramblings mate.... solid journalism. If we report it, take it as fact.

JB

Juniors
Ok. Fair enough mate concerning Nightingale. I guess you've got the inside info there. Apologies.
Would love to know, how you know, Kidwell is 18th man. We'll see i guess.

Concerning ramblings....."Bennett is yesterday's man"......"He's a devisive figure"....sound familiar?
These comments pretty much do it for me......and sorry, seen too many discrepancies by sports reporters and journalists to "take it as fact".