What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Kiwi Squad

Skram

Juniors
Hey smartalec,

For some reason your post gets up my nose.

The facts are there was a telephone conference call involving the selectors and Kearney and Wayne Bennett. Bennett pushed for Nightingale and the others didn't think he was eligible. Wary the others are fearful of Grannygate 2, Bennett gets his wife to ring Nightingale's parents while the conference call is going. Nightingale's parents confirm their New Zealand connections and its relayed back into the teleconference. The team naming is delayed and nearly misses the 6pm news on both networks in New Zealand as the NZRL waits on birth certificates to be faxed to them and then onto the relevant parties to prove his heritage. Once that is confirmed, Nightingale is confirmed in the squad. 24 hours ago he wasn't being considered but because of Bennett's inside knowledge, he's there.

Not ramblings mate.... solid journalism. If we report it, take it as fact.

If that's indeed true then it shows the ineptitude of the NZRL once again. Not knowing Nightengale was eligble yet people on these very forums discussing whether he warrants a Kiwis jersey makes you think they really have no idea. Shouldn't they have every NRL players eligibility on hand.... Baffling.

Dave Q

Coach
Kiddys under a big cloud at Souths for below-average performances and his low range PCA. Stripped of the co-captaincy, it has been reported that a number of his team mates think he should be wallowing on the bench for the bears.

Having said that, myself and a lot of Rabbitohs fans are hoping that he will really lift for Kiwi's.

If another thrashing takes place, then its time the game got serious about relaxing the rules, inviting the kiwi's into S00 and putting in the resources to make the kiwi's the powerhouse they deserve to be.

Alehana

Juniors
If that's indeed true then it shows the ineptitude of the NZRL once again. Not knowing Nightengale was eligble yet people on these very forums discussing whether he warrants a Kiwis jersey makes you think they really have no idea. Shouldn't they have every NRL players eligibility on hand.... Baffling.

i reckon. we'd probs know more abotu whose eligable than they do, they soud pretty pathetic

only one warrior was named in the 17 man squad, that is the strangest thing ever.

Hohaia could potentially be the second as 19th Man.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Hey smartalec,

For some reason your post gets up my nose.

The facts are there was a telephone conference call involving the selectors and Kearney and Wayne Bennett. Bennett pushed for Nightingale and the others didn't think he was eligible. Wary the others are fearful of Grannygate 2, Bennett gets his wife to ring Nightingale's parents while the conference call is going. Nightingale's parents confirm their New Zealand connections and its relayed back into the teleconference. The team naming is delayed and nearly misses the 6pm news on both networks in New Zealand as the NZRL waits on birth certificates to be faxed to them and then onto the relevant parties to prove his heritage. Once that is confirmed, Nightingale is confirmed in the squad. 24 hours ago he wasn't being considered but because of Bennett's inside knowledge, he's there.

Not ramblings mate.... solid journalism. If we report it, take it as fact.

Lucky, I heard Covell was going to get picked and that nightengale hadnt been mentioned. Covell was going to get picked bcoz he can kick, yet they didnt even realise nightengale and luke kick goals.

F.F.S - Williams needs to be sacked as our aussie based selector - All he needs to is watch every game on the weekend, read the RLW and he'll be in the know. Then spark up some relationships with the players who are looking good.

Nightengale came out right from the start and said he is a kiwi. From what I remember both parents and are his siblings and NZ born. He was the only aussie born but lived briefly in NZ as a youngster then returning.

Hell thats a lot more kiwi than some of our other selections.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Ok. Fair enough mate concerning Nightingale. I guess you've got the inside info there. Apologies.
Would love to know, how you know, Kidwell is 18th man. We'll see i guess.

Concerning ramblings....."Bennett is yesterday's man"......"He's a devisive figure"....sound familiar?
These comments pretty much do it for me......and sorry, seen too many discrepancies by sports reporters and journalists to "take it as fact".

I back you on that one. All nearly all league reporters in all media are sh*te. Particularly the papers they are extremely sh*te.

Stanaway is crap but at least one's coverage of league is getting better.

Scott

Bench
Joey Johns tipped Nightingale to play for the kiwis in this test in the first round of the season!

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Lucky, I heard Covell was going to get picked and that nightengale hadnt been mentioned. Covell was going to get picked bcoz he can kick, yet they didnt even realise nightengale and luke kick goals.

F.F.S - Williams needs to be sacked as our aussie based selector - All he needs to is watch every game on the weekend, read the RLW and he'll be in the know. Then spark up some relationships with the players who are looking good.

Nightengale came out right from the start and said he is a kiwi. From what I remember both parents and are his siblings and NZ born. He was the only aussie born but lived briefly in NZ as a youngster then returning.

Hell thats a lot more kiwi than some of our other selections.

Agree! cant be that hard. beat it williams.