What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL New South Wales team, Game 2

anjado

Juniors
Did you really use tries scored to back your "theory" .

GI destroyed Jennings and Wolfman last year in origin, which is Ok, Jennings first series, Inglis can & will do that to anyone. So Penrith - Melbourne game this year, Jennings has a chance to atone & show he's up to it against a sluggish Inglis. First 2 times ball goes left, Inglis treats Jennings like speed-bump and puts Quinn away for what should have been 2 tries.

Fate sealed.

PS. And its not the fact he cant tackle Inglis, he cant even slow him down enough to allow the help defenders to arrive.

Destroyed them NSW won game three that year Queensland scored less points in that game then they have for three seasons. Inglis still didn't score and if he killed him that much why hasn't he scored when Jennings has marked him ?

He also hasn't been completely routed the fact that Inglis supposedly killed Jennings and his teams could only score 7 tries in 3 matches. Shows what you have said is completely over blown. If he had destroyed him that much in one of these games surely they would of scored more then 20 points we are talking 3 matches and 240 minutes of Jennings marking him and he still hasn't scored, his team still hasn't scored 20 points in a game.

Surely quality footballing sides would of seen such a weakness if it was this blatantly obvious ?

If it was truly that one sided and Jennings was that awful then how come in the two games you mentioned the opposition only scored 34 points combined ?

Inglis did more damage when Jamie Lyon was marking him last season. We tried the whole defensive centre and he still dominated How has Jennings done worse.

Bumble

First Grade
Nice work the only thing you left out is what side of the field they play on? I feel this is one of the major decision factors in the selectors eyes. Correct me if I'm wrong about the following:

Left Centre's-

Cooper, Morris, Lawrence, Tahu, Champion.

Right Centre's-

Lyon, Scott, Jennings (Right this year, where I feel he has been less effective if feel his real side is left), Idris.

I think they are obviously looking to pick the strongest defensive centre's in their preferred side of the field. e.g. Cooper and Scott. Because they simply don't think they can match QLD in a shoot out (Which is prob true) so they hope to keep QLD to 2-3 tries (Very unlikely).

Personally I would go with Cooper (Left) and Morris (Right) in the centre's.

Champion plays on the right but I think the rest of that is spot on...

Except for picking Josh Morris.

chrisD

Coach
Don't like tackle stats. There are all sorts of levels of missed tackles, yet they all show up as 1.

anjado

Juniors
Also if you want to be harsh on Jennings and others, Beau Scott missed more tackles this season against Melbourne then any other side he has played.

Moffo

Referee
why did kimmorley lose his spot? busted his balls in game 1

they've replaced him and lyon with two f**king sooks who go MIA at the first sign of a tough game. QLD by 80

Maybe because he offered nothing in attack? If they picked me for NSW i'd bust my balls for the team too. Doesn't mean im any good.

gronkathon

First Grade
Offered plenty last year with an actual 5/8 in the side.

But had to make room for Tim Tam & Cooper so Lyon was 5/8

Moffo

Referee
still no room for big willie? this guy is built for the pressure cooker atmosphere of lang park

wanker selectors...jason king over willie and snowden? go f**k yourself bozo you gibberer

Bumble

First Grade
Maybe because he offered nothing in attack? If they picked me for NSW i'd bust my balls for the team too. Doesn't mean im any good.

0 try assists and line break assists in his last 6 origins. But yeah, he tries hard so let's keep him.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
yes, great point... and i meant to add it to one of my posts. unfortunately what the stats don't show is how many tackles were "missed" due to shocking reads. you don't get a missed or ineffective tackle if you don't lay a finger on the bloke.

Very true!

Parraren

Bench
A 21 man squad that includes 4 fullbacks, 8 centres, 8 back rowers and 1 prop :crazy:

Are these selectors on f#cking crack.

Kill me now, i'm moving to QLD....^

^ I may have exaggerated a tad but you get my drift

Last edited:

Moffo

Referee
smh is suggesting kidley will captain from the bench - pigs barse...when has that EVER happened

c**k stains

Direct

Juniors
I remember last year when Farah was the first one picked and both Bellamy and Johns were on the phone to him.

I bet the call was just half an hour of Bellamy and Johns telling Farah that they were naming Gidley captain and making him know in no uncertain terms that Farah should defer to Gidley in all things.

Parraren

Bench
I'm thinking the side will be....

1. Hayne (Dugan if Hayne suspended)
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Scott (Idris on the wing with Tahu shifting to the centres if Scott injured)
5. Tahu

6. Barrett
7. Pearce

8. Weyman (King if Weyman injured)
9. Ennis
10. White
11. Creagh
12. Waterhouse
13. Hindmarsh

14. Gidley
15. Lewis (O'Donnell if Lewis suspended)
16. Gallen
17. Learoyd Lahrs

timka4

Bench
Gallen and LOD aren't bench backrowers, if anything they will be swapped in for Creagh and Waterhouse on bench and they will be bought in for "maxium impact"

Latest posts