What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL NSW side

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'm loving Tonearm softc*ck's meltdowns about the side especially. Bring in Sims for Creagh & it's just about an ideal side. Can't wait for kick-off

Dragon2010

First Grade
It's the best team NSW have had in a long time. It's a string team. Probably the closest we can get to matching QLD despise one or two selection. So show passion and support the team. We have the players we can win the series.

Good onFarah for getting included I'm expecting him to fire-up and have
A great series.

firechild

First Grade
Disgrace that Bird,Buhrer,Creagh,Merrin,Williams got chosen over Watmough

Merrin's a front rower, Williams was competing with Sims for a bench spot, Bird was always going to be selected and Buhrer is the utility. Creagh us the only one from that list that displaced Watmough. You are right though, Watmough should have been among the first forwards selected. Creagh is lucky he's getting another chance. Maybe Creagh offers the coaches a little "stress relief" while they're in camp? Seems to be the only reasonable explanation for his repeated selection.

roarr

Juniors
As most people have said, it's almost the best you could do with the players available.

Watmough was an Australian incumbent so he must be injured, and you just couldn't have T-Rex and Sims on the same bench. It's a little risky and they are just too similar.

The only real issue is front row. I don't think Tamou is ready to start an origin match against Petero, Scott, Shillington and Hannant. But if you put him on the bench thats three debutants...not really what you want.

Backline should have more points than previous years.

The Gambler

Juniors
As most people have said, it's almost the best you could do with the players available.

Watmough was an Australian incumbent so he must be injured, and you just couldn't have T-Rex and Sims on the same bench. It's a little risky and they are just too similar.

The only real issue is front row. I don't think Tamou is ready to start an origin match against Petero, Scott, Shillington and Hannant. But if you put him on the bench thats three debutants...not really what you want.

Backline should have more points than previous years.
Stuart said on MMM this morning that injury was not the sole reason Choc was not picked.

He referred to team balance and shape. Said that he already has Bird, Lewis and Stewart that provide similar 'shape' to what Choc would provide. Thus he has picked T-Rex, who is a different 'shape' and fit the side.

He excluded Creagh from this argument because he has been picked as a prop (even though Ricky refuses to call him a prop - he says he will play 'tight in the middle').

^_^

Juniors
Honestly i think leaving Choc out is a mistake, say what you want about him but when he plays for NSW he always puts in.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Looking from the outside in what has Soward done so wrong and what has Pearce done so right? Creagh, Jennings, Farah, Pearce and Buhrer are horrible selections

Dragon2010

First Grade
Honestly i think leaving Choc out is a mistake, say what you want about him but when he plays for NSW he always puts in.

For the 100th time in this thread! He's injured!!!! He spoke to Sticky and he said "I'm match fit but I can't train". Geez, He didn't leave him out because he felt like it.

don't really care who Sticky picked long as they put in for 80mins.
Be interesting to see if Bueher makes the step up, if he does the no.14 could be his for a while to come.

^_^

Juniors
For the 100th time in this thread! He's injured!!!! He spoke to Sticky and he said "I'm match fit but I can't train". Geez, He didn't leave him out because he felt like it.

Calm the f**k down buddy i never asked why he didnt pick Choc, as i said in my opinion leaving him out whether he can train or not this week is a f**king mistake.

firechild

First Grade
Apparantly Ricky told Slothfield that he wasn't going to pick Watmough anyway. How much you can take from Slothfield's comments is questionable.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Apparantly Ricky told Slothfield that he wasn't going to pick Watmough anyway. How much you can take from Slothfield's comments is questionable.

Did you hear Stuart's interview on 2GB last night on League Today? I think it was Moore who asked him the reasoning on leaving Watmough out of the squad and put to him "was it form or injury?" Stuart thought about it and said a "little bit of both" then he retracted that statement and said injury as he wasn't going to be able to train with the squad anyway.

redvscotty

First Grade
Creagh has been average this year, but I'll be interested to see how he goes tonight.

Tony Williams hasn't played for weeks, I would've picked Sims over him.

Farahs not injured this time round (as far as I know) and I think he will fire up.

Dissappointed to see Morris not named, but in all honesty, Haynes always been good in Origin, from the wing.. so no issues there.

All in all I think Stuarts tried to go with what he said last year in picking a side and sticking with it, but took a few calls on reaplcements that needed to be made. I feel for Soward, but in all honesty he's playing like a halfback and theres no place for 2 halfbacks in the side. If Carney has a blinder we can win this!