What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL NSW side

broncos70

Juniors
Merrin is good, but not as good as Mannah. Just compare their running stats this year. Mannah plays 20 less minutes and usually makes 40 extra metres in the same amount of hitups. Merrin just makes more tackles.

T. Williams will be worked over with ease.

I talked to Cam Smith a couple weeks ago in Penrith and asked him who he hopes NSW don't pick, and he said Watmough and Tariq Sims. Glad you guys didn't pick them :)

GO QLD.

Loudstrat

Coach
I assume that's how it's going to play out... Inglis must be laughing himself to sleep tonight.
That centre pairing could get eaten for breakfast in defence. That's my only real concern with the team.
Hayne and Uate will be a sh*t load better than Steve Turner. Hayne has Inglis & Hodges measure in defence - and will cream whatever nuffy they mark on the wing. They will be ok.

I talked to Cam Smith a couple weeks ago in Penrith and asked him who he hopes NSW don't pick, and he said Watmough and Tariq Sims. Glad you guys didn't pick them :)

GO QLD.
And yet more evidence that evolution did not result in the increase of intelligence for Queenslanders from the simple life forms of the Precambrian Era

FOR THE ZILLIONTH TIME - WATMOUGH IS INJURED YOU DUMB F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beave

Coach
If Tariq gets picked as the 18th man, he better be able to come back home to NQ and play for us on the weekend, I will hit the f**king roof is he wasted in Sydney for a week and doesn't get a run next Wednesday...................

Dragon2010

First Grade
If Tariq gets picked as the 18th man, he better be able to come back home to NQ and play for us on the weekend, I will hit the f**king roof is he wasted in Sydney for a week and doesn't get a run next Wednesday...................

From memory the 18th man joins them at camp?

Geez. More negative comments. Do people even remember Gus Goulds speech from Origin2 "One negative thought, one negative comment is all its going to take". Be positive and support the team! I was expecting worse it's a much better spine and team then last year by a mile.

EDIT: Not to also mention. Yes Creagh might be a stupid selection but with Gal/Tamou/Mez he will see minimal game-time is Stuart perfects his interchange rotation. He will come on to give playe breathers. Run the line either up the guts or play a slightly different role and run it wide. He brings dome defense. Thinking about it last night Creagh while not the best selection is not the worse we've had over the years in regads to shock selections. I can see the reasoning behind him picking him. And those saying we are one prop short. How do you know what plan Sticky has in mind? We have three dynamic utilities in Bird, Lewis and Buhrer and Mez on bench. Sticky might be looking for a slightly different game plan.

Go NSW!

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Creah for Watmough. The side I would have picked?

Stewart
Uate
Jennings
Lyon (if he came out of retirement)
Wolfman
Carney
Pearce
Kite
Farah
King
Watmough
Gallen
Stewart

Buhrer
Rose
Tamou
T-Rex

:crazy:

Bozo couldnt pick that side with a straight face.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Merrin is good, but not as good as Mannah. Just compare their running stats this year. Mannah plays 20 less minutes and usually makes 40 extra metres in the same amount of hitups. Merrin just makes more tackles.

dont forget mannah's also good for 3 incorrect play the balls a game

firechild

First Grade
I have no problem with this side besides Creagh. Merrin is in form and is amongst a group of props that could have been picked. Anyone bagging the Buhrer selection clearly doesn't watch manly games. I'm not saying I would have necessarily picked him but he is a workhorse in defense, can play just about anywhere except FB and prop, he is quick and has good footwork. He is also good under pressure, remember it was his pass that set Matai off for the run on Friday night that led to the match winning try. There may have been others with reasonable claim to the spot on the bench but Buhrer certainly won't get dominated.

chrisD

Coach
Next year Woods will have displaced them both anyway. And as I said, Stuart will at least play Merrin instead of sitting him down for 70 minutes.

petetheileet

First Grade
A bit shocked that he has picked 3 ball playing back rowers to start. I don't think they will run out like that. I think that's why creagh has been picked for his ability to play in tight as a prop. If a prop goes down creagh is the only back rower picked that can play big minutes in the middle

Love the team except for G Stewart top player, but no need for him with bird and Lewis there. my team would have started with creagh and had Simms on the bench. Didn't think we would need a utility aka waste of a spot. Especially with hayne, Lewis and bird. But oh wells.

Bretto

Bench
Good to see the NSW fans imploding already, :lol:.

There are some questionable selections for sure. But, hey, that's what Ricky Stuart is all about. As long as he gets some spot light and media time, even if it's by making some "strange" selections, then all the better for Ricky Stuart. To hell with winning the series, gotta get that media time in. :lol:

Seriously though, I reckon the NSW centres will get a bath from Hodges and Inglis, and Creagh is not a back up front rower. He'll get smashed through the middle. Meninga would be laughing into his Weet Bix this morning.

And yet you post this.....

f**k you are as dumb as dogshit.

I think Loudstrat is about 16 years old. I've stopped taking any notice of his posts because he doesn't seem to post anything intelligent. He can't break down selections, or the game with any intellectual ability, so resorts to trolling and big bold words to make his points. Hence not bothering to read his comments, :lol:.

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
Good to see the NSW fans imploding already, :lol:.

There are some questionable selections for sure. But, hey, that's what Ricky Stuart is all about. As long as he gets some spot light and media time, even if it's by making some "strange" selections, then all the better for Ricky Stuart. To hell with winning the series, gotta get that media time in. :lol:

Seriously though, I reckon the NSW centres will get a bath from Hodges and Inglis, and Creagh is not a back up front rower. He'll get smashed through the middle. Meninga would be laughing into his Weet Bix this morning.

Not if he's been reading Cooper Cronk's website.

Latest posts