What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL NSW side

FMD .......there's been 10,000 versions of the team picked in the other thread. Don't get 'em started again.

Buhrer is an odd one, although Stuart did hint at it.

Not a fan of Merrin

Whatmong has been over rated for a LONG time and looks like the penny's finally dropped, or Bozo lost out in a coin toss.

Bird in the starting side......mehh.

Back line looks OK.

All in all ...........

Good luck......!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the Watmong has ALWAYS performed in Origin. Surely as a QLDer you understand his value to the team, no matter what his club performance is like.

He's up there as one of NSW rare few consistently good players the last few years.

Got no ideah ow you can say otherwise, unless you just don't like him because he's a merkin :lol:

Dragon2010

First Grade
Was there an 18th man named? I don't remember hearing anything about it?

Congratulations to those on debut and Farah for finall trumping Ennis.

RABK

Referee
Tariq Sims is 18th man i believe. Heard it mentioned on 2gb. I don't think it will be finalised/announced (as well as the official 1-17 in their positions) until after the Dragons vs Penrith game though Stuart said.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Stuart said he will name an 18th man after Monday nights game, obviously wants to see if the 3 players pull through that ok before naming one

Dragon2010

First Grade
Okay! Thanks guy was just wondering! Be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out and they all pull through okay (Let's hope so).

RABK

Referee
No, lets hope Creagh breaks a leg. I'm offering Tim Grant $500 to belly flop on Creaghs legs all night.

:lol:

Dragon2010

First Grade
No, lets hope Creagh breaks a leg. I'm offering Tim Grant $500 to belly flop on Creaghs legs all night.

:lol:

I'm a Dragons fan. Can't say that apparently. Dragon forum police might roll in and call me a "idiot" and "nuffy" for expressing an opinion. But let's say for the sake of argument I hope the 18th man gets called up.

Dragon2010

First Grade
So who marks up against Inglis on the right Jorris or Jennings?

I'd assume it would be.

2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. JMoz
5. Uate

Moz is more flexible in what side of the field he can play and unlike Jennings he has a better right-hand pass. (Jennings not so good at passing right. So Moz would mark GI and Hodges by Jennings?

Glen

Bench
Can't argue with too much 1-13. I'd love to see Hayne at fullback but can't argue with Stewart's better form. Hayne a little lucky on form, but like many have said he's a genuine Origin player. Glad they didn't rush the Canberra bogan back in as well with not enough footy under his belt.

Todd Carney is our biggest hope of taking back the trophy, as tough an ask as it is in his first Origin series. Glenn Stewart is key as well for mine.

Also good to see Farah get his shot and he needs to put up or shut up. They need to stick with him the whole series.

The bench unfortunately is weak as piss and is where NSW will struggle.

RWB

Bench
I assume that's how it's going to play out... Inglis must be laughing himself to sleep tonight.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Can't argue with too much 1-13. I'd love to see Hayne at fullback but can't argue with Stewart's better form. Hayne a little lucky on form, but like many have said he's a genuine Origin player. Glad they didn't rush the Canberra bogan back in as well with not enough footy under his belt.

Todd Carney is our biggest hope of taking back the trophy, as tough an ask as it is in his first Origin series. Glenn Stewart is key as well for mine.

Also good to see Farah get his shot and he needs to put up or shut up. They need to stick with him the whole series.

The bench unfortunately is weak as piss and is where NSW will struggle.

What? Williams is weak? Think not. Neither is Merrin he's been in fine-form this season and if he can see some minutes this Origin series and carry it across he will be a great asset to have on the bench. Guy is a great player that puts his body on the line.

Buhrer we are yet to see. He's better then Gids so that's a benefit. He might absolutely carve it up. He's no nuffie the question is "Is he ready for Origin" if yes he will be fine, if no then that's a different story. Creagh, That's a harder one. I love him as a Dragins fan but he just can't carry it across to rep level. Some do some don't he's just one that can't.

So the bench isn't exactly that weak....

RABK

Referee
I'm a Dragons fan. Can't say that apparently. Dragon forum police might roll in and call me a "idiot" and "nuffy" for expressing an opinion. But let's say for the sake of argument I hope the 18th man gets called up.

I'm only joking anyway. I hope more than anyone Creagh gives me a reason to stop whining about his selection because if Creagh has a good series as our 17th best player it means a good chance we'll win the series.

I'd give that squad an 8/10, though my selections would be:

Sims over Creagh (for pure aggression)
Hinchcliffe over Buhrer (more big game experience)

The Stewart Brothers to be the X-factors for the blues, backs 1-5 just yells pure speed, Tony Williams to be their hidden weapon, rest of the squad just speak themselves.

Ricky better have that magic lotion he used on Minichiello last year ready for Buhrer. :sarcasm:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The team can win.

Obviously a couple of selections are a bit off but it is pretty well balanced and is mainly attack based. It's got workers, couple of hard hitters, line runners, etc. It's good.

I have a feeling that Buhrer may start however, to weather some defence for Farah.