What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL NSW side

AceAv

Juniors
Confidence must be waaaay down for the blooz -man I'd be feelin' it too.

-Hayne's overrated! -has some moments of brilliance, but always does something dumb like marshall ie: His pass to Idris a row a couple years back! I would rate Bmoz much higher as a winger and probably would work well pairing with Jmoz.

-Both Centres are doomed! vs ours -(not you're fault ;)

-Farrah? -Yeah, better pick over Ennis -But NSW are really lacking a good no#9

-Halves -Top picks and I think are as close as you can get to trying to match the Cronk/Thurston pairing

-Forwards are going to be dominated! -Gallen will be working overtime and whining all the way!

-Who the f**k said Stewart missed the No.1 Jersey because he was injured? -Are you tripping?? Slater>Stewart any day of the week! He has some nice speed and classy in defence and attack, but under the high ball? GG.

-Bhurer got picked and Hinchcliff didn't -was a coin toss I rkn. Much like Williams>Simms

Ricky has gone for a team that can score points points points. Sure it may make for an interesting origin. But how do they expect to score points when the QLD forwards roll them and let our backs set up camp in NSW half all game!>?

7-0, 3-0 bitches!

Last edited:

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
i think like most people on here the only confusing selections were creagh and buhrer.

i would have liked to see another prop. Mannah, TLL, Woods would all be better than creagh.

and watmough in for buhrer. luke lewis has the utility value if needed.

other than that i must say its the least confusing side we have come up with in quite some time. i definitely can t remember being this happy with our selections in ages.

also as others have said our spine looks very strong which i like.

redvscotty

First Grade
Anyone suggesting Hayne is shit or over-rated is a dimwitted buffoon who only watches the highlights (lowlights?) of the Footy Show every other Thursday.

Hayne is sensational.

Fieldsguy

Juniors
Confidence must be waaaay down for the blooz -man I'd be feelin' it too.

-Hayne's overrated! -has some moments of brilliance, but always does something dumb like marshall ie: His pass to Idris a row a couple years back! I would rate Bmoz much higher as a winger and probably would work well pairing with Jmoz.

-Both Centres are doomed! vs ours -(not you're fault ;)

-Farrah? -Yeah, better pick over Ennis -But NSW are really lacking a good no#9

-Halves -Top picks and I think are as close as you can get to trying to match the Cronk/Thurston pairing

-Forwards are going to be dominated! -Gallen will be working overtime and whining all the way!

-Who the f**k said Stewart missed the No.1 Jersey because he was injured? -Are you tripping?? Slater>Stewart any day of the week! He has some nice speed and classy in defence and attack, but under the high ball? GG.

-Bhurer got picked and Hinchcliff didn't -was a coin toss I rkn. Much like Williams>Simms

Ricky has gone for a team that can score points points points. Sure it may make for an interesting origin. But how do they expect to score points when the QLD forwards roll them and let our backs set up camp in NSW half all game!>?

7-0, 3-0 bitches!
Thumbs up to this post.:D

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I can't believe people are whinging about Hayne and Jennings.

Hayne, the best outside back NSW has had in the past four years and Jennings who was very good last year.

For those disagreeing with their selections, who would you have picked instead?

Can I remind all of you that Hayne did nothing in the City vs Country game a few weeks ago and was arugebly one of the worst players on the field.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Geez, The amount of trolls north of the border in this thread posting delirious dribble is a laugh.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I can't believe people are whinging about Hayne and Jennings.

Hayne, the best outside back NSW has had in the past four years and Jennings who was very good last year.

For those disagreeing with their selections, who would you have picked instead?

+1 Just because X player is in better form does not mean they warrant selection more then another. They should take off the bias and loom at the team for what it is. A strong team capable of beating QLD. (I don't care what people think and say to this). The pack has a good balance of everything and while there might be ? In Creagh and Buhrer I know for certain both will try their hearts out and give 100%.

Creagh, There are other players that warrant selection more but Sticky wants him there and so be it. As a NSW fan I'd rather someone else but so be it. Who know he might have a blinder and carve up some meters and be great in defense.

Buhrer, He's great at club level and is an absolute workhorse. If he can handle the intimidation of his first Origin and keep a strong mental frame and he carries across his club form he will be a very worthy asset for NSW and will no doubt have a role in some good plays.

Jennjngs and Hayne deserve no criticism. Have people actually watched them play an Origin game yet alone a club game? It's not just the stats, it's the little things they do.etc. and this "attitude" bullshit. Their problems are at Penrith and Parra respectively not NSW so they will both in put strong performances as they are backed by an equally strong team to support them. I'm pretty sure Jennings was close to our best on field in GameI last year and Hayne was good in both GameII and GameIII last year not to mention other series he's played in.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
after seeing the qld team i really wish we had chosen some more props....

we have one true prop thats played origin before and thats merrin.

qld have 4 props and dave taylor.....massive bench

hope it doesnt come back to bite us

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It's a testament to the stupidity of the Blues selectors that Jennings and Hayne have been selected. Matty Johns was absolutely right about both of them. Hodges is gonna eat Jennings alive.

Dragon2010

First Grade
*sigh* They're in full force after hearing their team be named. Thanks for the opinion good to see your opinion on the team. Let's just see how they go marking up Hodges before we comment ehh?

Gippsy

Bench
Can I remind all of you that Hayne did nothing in the City vs Country game a few weeks ago and was arugebly one of the worst players on the field.

yeah, I wonder why they play this bloody game if they are going to ignore the form coming out of it.