What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL RELEASE: Kearney becomes Eels coach

sooty

Juniors
Interesting that Brad Arthur is kearneys side kick very astute judge and ex winnning coach of the storms NYC also interesting to see who coaches our NYC stay tuned

muznik

Juniors
Well like a lot of others, im not happy with the way D Anderson was treated by the Club.(Good luck DA.)

Welcome to Parra, Stephen Kearney. Good luck, all the best... but a little bit of advice..watch ya back!

Sometimes it seems like the inmates run this asylum !

PS...Its Parra... why even bother mentioning the term of the contact in the media releases??

IFR33K

Coach
That's pretty big.....when you say stunned though mate, do you mean as in "wow that's awesome" or "that's really bad"?
Don't have to answer if you don't want to, just wondering :)

That's what I thought, I've heard from lots of knowledgeable Storm supporters that say Kearney really knows how to get the best out of players week-in-week-out and is very good with helping to develop young talent.

I think we should be able to do it, hopefully. I believe Kearney definitely knows how to get those structures in place, also a huge boon that he is bringing Brad Arthur with him.

The thing I see is, is that Kearney has a great record for keeping teams playing consistently well; obviously a huge part of the Storm's success over the past few years, and something he definitely learned from Craig Bellamy-who learned from Wayne Bennett.
It's something we really need; if Kearney brings all these training structures into the team that he wants to (which he will)-the coaching staff seem to really be happy and approve of the structures he wants to implement, and I'm betting the players will definitely be looking forward to playing under him.
I think he can bring to our team what we have been missing for years-consistency.

Dont go by these forums. People don't know sh*t here.:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Haynzy

First Grade
It is incredible that kids these days don't know the difference between your and you're. What are they teaching them these days.

Or:
He's and His
Their and There
Then and Than

Bloody spellcheck is to blame, along with a lack of grammar being taught at school. :roll:

couple of good videos over at foxsports.com.au one is a one on one interview and the other the full press conference.

Eels Dude

Coach
Dont go by these forums. People don't know sh*t here.:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

All I know about Storm supporters on these forums is sookie sookie la la "we've been hard done by". If they're the same supporters giving their opinion on Kearney as a coach that's a grain of salt to me. Let's face it, what knowledge does a fan have of whether a person is a great assistant coach or not. Absolutely nothing I'd assume.

mrpwnd

Bench
Wow, he doesn't look out of place in a Parra outfit. He's a natural Parra boy.
He has my seal of approval now.

84 Baby

Referee
Or:
He's and His
Their and There
Then and Than

Bloody spellcheck is to blame, along with a lack of grammar being taught at school. :roll:
Except for he's & his (and to a lesser extent then & than) at least those words are pronounced the same. Unlike lose & loose....

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
English is the most frightening and horrible language in the world.
My native tongue of Korean is so much more efficient.

English is the most frightening and horrible language in the world.
My native tongue of Korean is so much more efficient.
thats because english is a halfbreed mixture of nearly every other language in europe bastard translations of words in french, german, dutch, etc etc just got thrown into it based on whoever was kicking their arse at the time

Agent Mulder

Bench
That is a bit vague i think.
Yes alot are like that, i got heaps of mates who do nothing, whinge about life and leach off there parents to parrty on weekends to ending up laying round all week whinging about society etc...

For me im doing an electrical apprenticeship and work 6 days a week plus a day at tafe, i honestly don't stop and thats because i realise i owe everything! and deserve nothing until i have done my bit in life.:)

Just a geny y's view.

Very True, I do run down Gen Y at times but i know they are all not like that, A fair few Gen Y do work very hard, I work Graveyard hours for not very big pay at all but i do it for the passion of the trade, I make alot of sacifies in life, I hardley see my wife and my soical life really suffers so thats why my passion is Travelling, I think of nothing is better in life then putting your money away and going somewhere overseas and see parts of the world. Some things that you will never forget, Its better then sitting in a pub every Friday and Saturday getting pissed to the eyeballs and then pissing your money down the toilet, Sure i do like a drink at times but not so i cant stand up anymore. I'd rather work on the weekend then go on an awesome hoilday.

Best of luck in your apprenticeship.

Latest posts