What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't here when whatever happened occured :D
Kiddies must stay away from big bad adults!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Aukland 22 Wenty 12

very very dissapointing display by the boys, in fact i expected better fron a few of those guys.

Both Reddy and Hicks played on the same side of the ruck, both I thought started slowly but then they piucked up a bit of mementum as the match went on.

whatauera was awful, the guy wasn't up to the pace of the game missed several 1 on 1 tckles and never really did much with the ball in his hand.

Pele really played well until he went of with a bit of a knock on the knee in the first half but continually dented the line and we appeared to have lost our way when he went off.

Brendan Waters at 6 played all over Brad Murray who I thought was a pedestraen for most of the game..

Jake, i don't think Paki played but he was on an exteneded bench.

Filiga played left wing and went of after making a break in the first half he appeared to have hurt an ankle, i thought he was quite menacing before he went off, i don't think the injury is too serious though.

Anthony Mitchell started slowly and was pulled up for some dodgy service from dummy half but came to his own in the second half and really tried to expose Aucklands big men.

in all a very dissapointing display and I imagine that Hicks and reddy will be given another stint at wenty because of the fg win tonight..at the moment Whatuera and Murray shouldn't be any where near fg.

Stagger, I ventured out to the Wenty game yesterday and your report is spot on.

Photos was sh*te looked old and slow.

Mitchell had a poor start with a few forward passes but then went better. He just looks so comfortablemon the ball.

Brad Murray is Freakn hopeless. I just noted in another thread that we are stuck in reserve grade because we have nothing else.

Reddy went ok.

I really liked some of the carries by Filiga before he went off injured. Very strong boy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yep, i liked the look of Karlos, unfortunately he may be suffering from grothe syndrome..definitely fg material in the future but not yet.

geez didn't Fats struggle????

Stupid iPhone converts phats to Photo. Anyway, yeah he looks old and very slow.

For me I'd put Reddy straight up to 1st grade.

I won't be venturing out to another wenty game, knowing most of them won't be challenging for a 1st grade posy. Verry disappointed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ahead of Joel ?

Joel ahead of Morgs (at this stage) Hicks ahead of Etu...

they all play the right side and if I was betting man, I would say that SK is tapering and preparing the more experianced combination to take over.

Gronk

Staff member
Joel will make a huge difference. Walker was soft in D and lazy with the hitups. Yes he wasn't running free (toe I guess) but Joel is the man for that spot by a country mile.

Hard to drop Etu after such a solid run.

eel01s

Bench
Reddy to replace Walker. From what I saw yesterday, it is definitely worth persisting with Morgan, I think he has a lot of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts