What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Yeah Karlos played, and did very well from all reports, scored a try and made some damaging runs. Humble was back and also had some good touches. Id expect Reni to play next week and then put into 1st grade the following week

Gronk

Staff member
1. Tom Humble
2. Cliff Nye
3. Ryan Morgan
4. Karl Filiga
5. Mark Hendy
6. Aaron Fluke
7. Brendan Waters
8. Pele Peletelese
9. Matt Hunt
10. Manase Manuokafoa
11. Nathan Armit
12. Valu Nasio
13. Mitch Stanfield

14. Troy Savage
15. Brad Lupi
16. Benson Tupou
17. Danny Howard
COACH: Brett Cook

Stagger eel

Staff member
If morts or Reni are expected to play for Wenty then why nit name them?

How hard can it be?

the match is played on the same day as first grade but they're about 200k's apart therefore SK is going to need up to 3 for first grade players incase of late changes, it may well be possible that Reni and morts figure in that standby group, also both wenty sides are no different to parra when it comes to late changes and i also wouldn't be surpirsed that those players could still figure.

another factor, is that although you or anyone else that may want him out of the club couldn't care less whether he plays for wenty or not probably haven't thought about the the preasure that both players would be under if they play before a a large media contingient at a suburbon ground playing 2nd grade in front of 200 punters, I personaly still want him protected from vultures who want to write shit about him just because he's down on form especially when he's got a year left in his contract. i reckon SK may feel the same

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
another factor, is that although you or anyone else that may want him out of the club couldn't care less whether he plays for wenty or not probably haven't thought about the the preasure that both players would be under if they play before a a large media contingient at a suburbon ground playing 2nd grade in front of 200 punters, I personaly still want him protected from vultures who want to write shit about him just because he's down on form especially when he's got a year left in his contract. i reckon SK may feel the same

Spot on.

Also, not naming a couple of players in any grade keeps the Knights guessing.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Suppose so Stagger. Probably best to just put him in the top grade then. Wouldn't want journalists writing stories about him being shit.

lingard

Coach
the match is played on the same day as first grade but they're about 200k's apart therefore SK is going to need up to 3 for first grade players incase of late changes, it may well be possible that Reni and morts figure in that standby group, also both wenty sides are no different to parra when it comes to late changes and i also wouldn't be surpirsed that those players could still figure.

He`s not 'down on form', Stagger; this has been his form for the past eighteen months! And what makes Mortimer so special? Other players get dropped. Big deal. Ben Smith was a potential 'star', and he got dropped. No one agonised over that one. So poor little Daniel Mortimer might have to play reserve grade. So what? Lots of better players than him (and with bigger names than him) have had to suffer that fate.

theicemandanno

Juniors
I will throw another spanner into the works......carefully watch the team announcement on eels reel.....the lineup behind sharpie changes halfway through the interview.........

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suppose so Stagger. Probably best to just put him in the top grade then. Wouldn't want journalists writing stories about him being shit.

or it may be best to put him at b18th 19th or 20th man?? or even a late inclusion for wenty??..seriously, this sort of ducks and srakes shit has been going on since 1908, why does it matter that you anyone else need to know what plans SK has on him??

Stagger eel

Staff member
He`s not 'down on form', Stagger; this has been his form for the past eighteen months! And what makes Mortimer so special? Other players get dropped. Big deal. Ben Smith was a potential 'star', and he got dropped. No one agonised over that one. So poor little Daniel Mortimer might have to play reserve grade. So what? Lots of better players than him (and with bigger names than him) have had to suffer that fate.

well that is your opinion and not necesarily shared by the 2 head coach's that that have guided him in his short fg career..and coach's have been guarding players forever this may not be any different just because you may want to see a public flogging of the kid..

regardless of what you, me or anyone else think of him we've still invested another season of him at this club and the coach should be entitled to use him however way he sees fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts