What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingard

Coach
well that is your opinion and not necesarily shared by the 2 head coach's that that have guided him in his short fg career..and coach's have been guarding players forever this may not be any different just because you may want to see a public flogging of the kid..

regardless of what you, me or anyone else think of him we've still invested another season of him at this club and the coach should be entitled to use him however way he sees fit.

Certainly, Stagger. And I should be allowed to have an opinion on a public forum. I don`t want the 'kid' (he`s the same age as Jarryd Hayne and Chris Sandow, by the way) flogged. I just don`t ever want to see him in first grade at Parramatta again.

Lossy

Juniors
NSWRL preview for you boys.

Wentworthville Magpies (7th) Vs Auckland Vulcans (1st)

Ringrose Park, Saturday, May 28
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Matt Noyen

Summary: The Wentworthville Magpies will have their hands full this Saturday afternoon when the top of the table Vulcans head to Ringrose Park. Auckland was packing too many guns for the Tigers last weekend while Wenty were never really in it against Wests. Wenty have gained the services of Tom Humble and Karl Filiga again recently and it would not completely surprise to see either Reni Maitua or Daniel Mortimer pulling on the black and white this week. The Vulcans field one of the fastest and most explosive backlines in the competition which has yielded on average 36 points a game.

Game Breaker: Sione Lousi – Lousi has missed plenty of football thus far in 2011 but I’m sure he is ready to remind some people of just how talented he is. A rangy backrower who hits hard, runs hard and has the ability to off load in traffic. Wenty will need to be on high alert for the full eighty minutes.

Prediction: Not quite sure where the Magpies are at just at present, and the Vulcans should have too many big guns for them.

Your opposition (link).

1. Glen Fisiiahi
2. Ivan Penehe
3. Shaun Metcalf
4. Atelea Nafetalai
5. Billy Tupou
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Isaac John
8. Mataupu Poching
9. Darin Kingi
10. Saulala Houma
11. James Gavet
12. Sione Lousi
13. Joel Moon

14. Willy Heta
15. Anthony Gelling
16. Steve Rapira
17. Matt Robinson

Coach: Ritchie Blackmore

Vulcans are playing pretty well. Naturally, I want them to win, but I hope the match is a good one and you get plenty out of it regardless. Would be good to get some impartial feedback from any who go and watch.

Last edited:

Lossy

Juniors
Joel Moon was a good buy for you guys. :sarcasm:

Yeah, he's been great for the Vulcans. A true stalwart. I mean, it's a little annoying he has to play the odd match for the Warriors, but that's kind of like rep duty really. Only happens a few times a year.

A shame we'll lose him next season, but I'm sure we'll find a replacement. How would Morts go at lock?

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah, he's been great for the Vulcans. A true stalwart. I mean, it's a little annoying he has to play the odd match for the Warriors, but that's kind of like rep duty really. Only happens a few times a year.

A shame we'll lose him next season, but I'm sure we'll find a replacement. How would Morts go at lock?

Morts would go great for you guys. Great idea.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
NSWRL preview for you boys.

Wentworthville Magpies (7th) Vs Auckland Vulcans (1st)

Your opposition (link).

1. Glen Fisiiahi
2. Ivan Penehe
3. Shaun Metcalf
4. Atelea Nafetalai
5. Billy Tupou
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Isaac John
8. Mataupu Poching
9. Darin Kingi
10. Saulala Houma
11. James Gavet
12. Sione Lousi
13. Joel Moon

14. Willy Heta
15. Anthony Gelling
16. Steve Rapira
17. Matt Robinson

Coach: Ritchie Blackmore

Vulcans are playing pretty well. Naturally, I want them to win, but I hope the match is a good one and you get plenty out of it regardless. Would be good to get some impartial feedback from any who go and watch.

Whats doing with Steve Rapira on the bench in that side?? was he expected to make a big impact in FG for the Warriors this year mate?

Lossy

Juniors
Whats doing with Steve Rapira on the bench in that side?? was he expected to make a big impact in FG for the Warriors this year mate?

Picked up an injury. Just back recently.

No big impact expected from him this year because there are backrowers-a-plenty. If the injury hadn't of happened he might have got a shot when Mannering and Brown got pushed wide to cover centre. Taylor got the chance instead. No one will be surprised if he gets turned into a prop.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Picked up an injury. Just back recently.

No big impact expected from him this year because there are backrowers-a-plenty. If the injury hadn't of happened he might have got a shot when Mannering and Brown got pushed wide to cover centre. Taylor got the chance instead. No one will be surprised if he gets turned into a prop.

Interesting, cheers for that mate and all the other previews etc.

To follow up what Stagger said. Morgan is not playing, Wenty won Bundy Cup 44 to 12 over the Wolves, waiting for Auckland to run out.

5 gone, Try Wenty 9 Matt Hunt, off a pass from Morts, Wenty got the field position of a break set up by Hunt and Filing ran into the gap but was bought down by Fishiiahi.

Goal Successful by Aaron Fluke, Wenty 6 vs Auckland 0

14 gone, after the ball finds the ground Troy Savage (14) picks it up and strolls over in the corner.

Goal, Successful form the corner by Fluke

Wenty 12 vs Auckland 0

21 gone, Morts to Humble, cut out to Hendy, who cuts back in ]side, beats half of the Vulcans side and crashes over under the stick.

Goal, successful Fluke.

Wenty 18 vs Vulcans 0.

24 gone, after a good follow up set by Wenty, Humble puts up a kick, it goes to Auckland, a ball to a flying Fisiiahi who is to quick and runs 60 to score.

Goal Successful 6 Sean Johnson.

Wenty 18 s Auckland 6

Status
Not open for further replies.