What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
great performance by the boys against the side coming first, Morts was good but had some issues with his execution, Karl Filiga was very solid made a couple of big busts and gave his opposing centre hell all day, easilly the best performance for the club, Carl Webb very busy all day as was hooker Matt Hunt who was probably our best player on the park.

oldmancraigy

Coach
great performance by the boys against the side coming first, Morts was good but had some issues with his execution, Karl Filiga was very solid made a couple of big busts and gave his opposing centre hell all day, easilly the best performance for the club, Carl Webb very busy all day as was hooker Matt Hunt who was probably our best player on the park.

On Morts: I'm shocked! :sarcasm:

Filiga: could he actually play FG this year after (what feels like) YEARS of hype?

Webb: why wasn't he taken to Newie :?

Stagger eel

Staff member
On Morts: I'm shocked! :sarcasm:

Filiga: could he actually play FG this year after (what feels like) YEARS of hype?

Webb: why wasn't he taken to Newie :?

well after 49 fg games at NRL level it was obvious he was going to be head and shoulders above the rest, still had 3 try assists to his name but overall still not good enough knock on the door.

if Filiga is ever going to make it, it should be at our club this year where the depth is extremely poor or else he should find a new career, he played well today.

not sure why he wasn't taken, i would have to assume that rogers is our 18th man.

Lossy

Juniors
Cheers for the updates MITS.

Congrats on the win. Sounds like it was a decent contest. I especially hope Filiga comes good for you.

I know you boys would have been keeping an eye on your own players, but if you had any opinions on a Vulcan or two it would be appreciated. The below particularly, but anyone is fine.

1. Glen Fisiiahi
6. Shaun Johnson
10. Saulala Houma
11. James Gavet
16. Steve Rapira

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey Lossy,

i thought Shaun johnson went lright for you guys while Glen Fishiiahi was menacing as usual, scored a brilliant trey also, i don't think Rapira got much game time.

Lossy

Juniors
Hey Lossy,

i thought Shaun johnson went lright for you guys while Glen Fishiiahi was menacing as usual, scored a brilliant trey also, i don't think Rapira got much game time.

Cheers, Stagger.

Did it look like Johnson's defence was holding up to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts